• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse possible Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Ryu's point that the time-patroller speaks of the "infinite histories" as if they already existed? (History can take infinite paths. You can lose track of them)

He doesn't. He says history ca take infinite paths, which again, applies to virtually any space-time continuum. It doesn't mean all of them exist simultaneously, or even that all of them exist at all, depending on how a franchise presents its multiverse.

We should probably wait for the Infinite history DLC for Xenoverse then to see if it brings anything to light.

[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/b/b8/CRuHmVBWUAQso1O.png/revision/latest?cb=20180102230142'][IMG alt="CRuHmVBWUAQso1O said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/b/b8/CRuHmVBWUAQso1O.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20180102230142[/IMG][/URL]
Cal's reaction to 2-A dbz before pokemo

Dragonmasterxyz"]
I swear if Dragon Ball gets and infinite multiverse statement before Pokemon, I'm gonna die laughing. XD
Everyone: "What is it Cal?"

Cal: "I am not sure, I feel, a disturbance."

Well from what I've gathered these are the characters who would scale:

Future Warrior
Attack Potency: Multiverse level (Killed Demon God Demigra in his Final Form with the help of SSJ3 God Essence Goku and could defeat him on his own if the player was fast enough. Fought on par with a supressed Beerus and Whis and even suprised the former with his strenght in a master quest. Beerus was stated to be stronger than Demigra and could destroy everything on his own.) | Multiverse level (Trained for 2 years and became far stronger than before. He was able to fight on par against the Future Warrior and Time Patrol Trunks while being controlled by the Time Breaker mask.)

Index: God of Destruction Beerus/Demon God Demigra/GT Saga | Xenoverse 2

Future Warrior(XV2)
Attack Potency: At least High Universe level possibly Multiverse level (Could fight on par with Time Breaker Bardock and Mira at the same time. Fought and defeated Towa and the original Future Warrior with the help of Time Patrol Trunks. Also harmed an enraged Beerus with the assistance of Whis.) | Multiverse level (Was able to fight on par and ultimately defeat Final Form Mira with the help of Super Saiyan Blue Goku. Could harm a supressed Whis who made Demigra feel insecure about his power, even after absorbing Toki-Toki.)

Index: God of Destruction/Resurrection of Frieza Arc | Demon Saga/End of Game

Mira
Attack Potency: At least High Universe level possibly Multiverse level (Is comparable to Bardock and his fight with him erased part of a timeline. Could put up a good fight against the Future Warrior and Time Patrol Trunks and after he powered up even further he could one-shot an injured Future Warrior who shouldn't be too far from Full Power. Towa suspected that if his core where to overload the explosion caused by it would destroy the Universe and break through dimensions.) | Multiverse level (Upon absorbing Toki-Toki's egg he became far more powerful than previously and achieved a level beyond himself. Should be superior to the Future Warrior who needed the help of Super Saiyan Blue Goku to defeat him.)

Index: Xenoverse 2 | Final Form

Time Breaker Bardock
Attack Potency: At least High Universe level possibly Multiverse level (Fought with and defeated Mira as a Super Saiyan 3. His fight with Mira erased part of a timeline. As a Time Breaker he could put up a decent fight against The Future Warrior.)

Towa
Attack Potency: At least High Universe level possibly Multiverse level (Could contend with the Future Warrior after they fought Time Breaker Bardock and Mira. Also helped fight against Mira.)

Demigra
Attack Potency: Multiverse level (absorbed the power of Toki-Toki who can manipulate time and create universes with his eggs and stated that he had control of all of time and all of space upon absorbing him. Was going to create his own history after destroying the Time Vault which contains all timelines.)

@Bluetrekking

Where? Do you mean "Likely Multiverse level" or "Possibly Multiverse level". It can only be one.

Well I stand by my statements. It states history can deviate in infnite ways, even a tiny fraction of history being changed that has infninte deviations, is still inifininte deviations, and it is confirmed the deviations result in actual timelines with even a single tiny deviation making many futures. Considering you have infinte possible changes by altering things in a timeline it makes perfect sense, in reality simply moving a rock in a diffrent direction has infinite possible directions and outcomes no matter how minute, so the logic of the possibilities having to be strictly finite is flawed and wrong, in fact logically even a fraction of infnite is still infinite, so it would still be infinte deviations even if only some part of the history was changed, and thus still infnite timelines.

Furthermore the fact the pattroler already can lose track of them suggests said deviations already occured, and we know the histories already exist since all history is already.

Cell just helps circumstantiate this notion by using a synonum for infinite when saying tehre are endless tiemlines, which alone could be used as proof for 2-A tbh.

I mean even Azzy says he doesn't care if it's 2-B or 2-A either way, so it clearly isn't outright wrong or even unlikely to be 2-A from his perspective if i am correct on that, if nothing else it is certainly plausable that they could be 2-A so I think we could at least give them at least 2-B possibly 2-A, if not outright 2-A.

You misunderstand, SSJryu.

"Infinite potential futures" is true of any single space-time continuum. It does not mean that they exist all right now, as fact.

I should mention that when this gets implemented then a lot of fights will have to be removed (possibly).

Also i agree with blue on scaling for the characters btw, just personally think that 2-B is a 2-A fra.

SSJRyu1 said:
Furthermore the fact the pattroler already can lose track of them suggests said deviations already occured, and we know the histories already exist since all history is already.
This is one of the main reasons I agree with 2-A. It makes sense that they already exist because how can you lose track of possibilities or potential futures that don't even exist? That is my take on it at least. It also states "you lose track of what the correct version is". This shows that they already exist. If it was just possibilities, how can lose track of a correct possibility? This at least my take on it.

Matt, Cal etc are right.

Infinite possible futures is possible in every universe, that does not mean it exists all at once.

Otherwise, alot of 2-Bs would be 2-A's and that is ridiculous.

In simple terms, infinite multiverse =/= infinite possibilities.

The only exception is if someone is infinite multiversal in power, like Asriel but that is the only exception iirc.

2-B is more consistent then 2-A is.

@Kink Ryu explained why them only being possibilities makes no logical sense. Like losing track of the correct version. If we assume it is possibilities, how can you lose track of the correct version of a possibility?

Well it seems that for the most part people have accepted 2-B for now.

I will run down the scaling one last time:

"Multiverse level" for Demigra/Final Form Mira level fighters.

"Multi-Universe level possibly Multiverse level" for characters who are not Demigra/Final Form Mira level but are still somewhat nearing that level.

Is everyone okay with this scaling?

@Matt The issue is they say you lose track of said futures and teh correct one, as in past tense, so we know the futures exist or you couldn't lose track of them. Past exists, present and futures incluing the possible deviations that you can lose track of exist already from that statement. Also if all possible deviations exist from any changes, and there are infinite possible changes overal, even if you took 0.0000000001% of that timeline as being altered already, 0.0000000001% of infinte is still infnite, so logically it would still be infinte possible outcomes even from a fraction of the timeline being altered, which it has been for certain if not completly. You could literally get infnite possible outcomes from a rock moving, since it could move in infinte directions. So saying it has to be finite is wrong, and mathmatically even if infinte outcomes were spread over a timeline, even a fraction of said timeline being altered would produce infinite outcomes still.

Bluetrekking said:
@Kink Ryu explained why them only being possibilities makes no logical sense. Like losing track of the correct version. If we assume it is possibilities, how can you lose track of the correct version of a possibility?
Quoting matt

""Infinite potential futures" is true of any single space-time continuum. It does not mean that they exist all right now, as fact."

He literally responded as such and it is right.

Having infinite possibilities doesn't equate to infinite universes.

Also, Azzy said something similar

"The 2-A statement is the exact same one brought up before, which isn't actually a 2-A statement. It's something that applies to pretty much any space-time continuum that can have potentially differing outcomes."

Heck, infinite possibilites in a timeline is Low 2-C

Multiple? 2-B

You need an infinite multiverse to be 2-A.

Which is debatable this game has,

But I dont personally care enough to decide one way or another. I think saying it is 2-A without taking into account that it does not have an infinite multiverse is a stretch imo.

Also, Bravely Default has infinite possibilites in a timeline as well.

By your logic, if this is accepted, I can push for 2-A bravely default, which quite frankly is ridiculous considering the number in question we are dealing with is finite, just with infinite 'possibilities'

I think you misunderstood what I said. I never said having infinite possibilities = 2-A I said that quote is not even referencing possibilities. If you read the sentence right after the "possibility" quote. The next statement shows they are not referring to possibilities.

I plead the fifth.

Probably? I will concede to anyone about this.

2-A db is cool af. I aint gonna go out on a hatchet against it,

Basically he confirms that the "paths" are existing timelines, since you lose track of the correct timeline amongst the other futures, past tense, so all those other futures exist currently and have filled out to extend to the future events. Also it is confirmed by Trunks and Whis that the possible outcomes result in actual alternate futures, not just 1 with the rest of the possibilities never actually making it to fruition like some other series would do.

SSJRyu1 said:
Basically he confirms that the "paths" are existing timelines, since you lose track of the correct timeline amongst the other futures, past tense, so all those other futures exist currently and have filled out to extend to the future events.
This sounds like quantum mechanics too me, which yes there are 'infinite possibilities, past, present and future.' and they all exist at once until a decision has been made in the timeline.

but that does not mean there are infinite universes.

Even in our current multiverse, yes there are infinite 'possibilities' but that does not always equate to infinite 'universes'

Sometimes it does, but not always; and even if you bring up 1% of infinity is still infinity, that still does not mean that the final number comes down to infinity.

But of course, this is quantum mechanics, Brian Green wrote a book about this.

Not sure if DB universe is this way, it could very well have an infinite amount of possibilities, which produce an infinite amount of universes.

But this is not always the case..

Case for this: Rick and Morty verse has an infinite amount of possibilities and thus an infinite number of universes.

Case against this: Bravely Default has an infinite amount of possibilities, but only a finite number of universes.

I could however be speaking out of my ass, I am not really interested enough in either or, 2-B or 2-A.

I am neutral on either, but I think it is fine to make the distinction.

In this the possibilities are actual existing realities, trunks states that the tiniest changes create many alternate futures, and we know they lose track of said existing futures currently according to the pattroler. If they were just possibilities and non existant yet, you wouldn't lose track of them. So i get what your saying, but this isn't a case of they may or may not exist, or they could possibly exist in the future, this is a case of they currently are real and tangable and observed and the pattroler gets lost in which is the proper future.

I think the best thing to do is just say at least 2-B posibly 2-A, since 2-A is minimum plausable and most at least agree on that.

Sorry but it seems that the rest have accepted 2-B for now as a minimum. We could probably argue 2-A when DLC 6 comes out but I just want to get this thread over with already.

Can any of the admins unlock these pages for me?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Time_Breaker_Bardock

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Mira

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Towa

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Demigra

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Future_Warrior

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Future_Warrior_(Xenoverse_2)

SSJRyu1 said:
most at least agree on that.
I have no clue where you got most because it is

Against 2-A: Me, Matt, Azzy (who said he finds the idea okay but the evidence lacking), Cal

For: You and Blue

Neutral: Julian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back