• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball vs RWBY

It seems to depend on whether Ruby is vastly stronger than Blue, if she isn't, then she will be paralyzed as soon as she make eye contact with him.

Doesn't Blue scale to 5 Tons or smth like that? IIRC the RWBY High 8-Cs are above baseline at best.

Edit: Checked. He scales above 3.72 Tons.

Ruby holds skill, versatility and range advantage. She probably blitzes with her semblance as well.

Ruby scales from oneshotting people undamaged by 5 tons

Blue scapes from being undamaged by 3.7 tons

WeeklyBattles said:
Does it only work through eye contact? As in if he breaks eye contact with her will it wear off?
Nope, all that matters is General Blue can see you and he focuses on you. Then he's free to just wail on you all he wants until his eyes give out or the opponent does (Although he could feasible just blink in a single second and restart the technique) In the manga, Goku basically went cross-eyed when he used the Technique so I'd definitely say eye contact was broken

But do they become unmoveable or something? Because with the gap in AP/dura he's not going to be able to damage Ruby

Also whats its range?

WeeklyBattles said:
But do they become unmoveable or something? Because with the gap in AP/dura he's not going to be able to damage Ruby
Also whats its range?
General Blue is free to move (Since the whole point of the attack is to immobilize the opponent and leave them open to strikes). Range is "as long as he can see you".

So he can use it, waddle his way over to Ruby, and wail on her until she falls or his eyes falls (Not literally)

Also the AP difference isn't THAT big; Ruby is NOT shrugging off several hits from General Blue in any sense. The AP difference isn't even 1.5x

He has to make eye contact in order to paralyze the foe. Once they have been paralyzed however, he can wail on them all he wants without having to continue to look at them. It is shown that they can be freed if Blue is startled by something like a mouse.

No i mean will ruby be moved by his attacks or does she just become a stone statue.

'Until she falls' isnt really going to be happening seeing as Blue doesnt have the AP to damage her

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
He has to make eye contact in order to paralyze the foe. Once they have been paralyzed however, he can wail on them all he wants without having to continue to look at them. It is shown that they can be freed if Blue is startled by something like a mouse.
Context; he has to focus on the enemy. That's the whole requirement of the technique.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Goku was still paralyzed in Penguin village after Arale headbutted Blue out of the area.
All that really means is General Blue is able to maintain it even if he's that far away. Perhaps he wasn't sufficiently startled or anything? Nonetheless still is a weakness

WeeklyBattles said:
No i mean will ruby be moved by his attacks or does she just become a stone statue.
'Until she falls' isnt really going to be happening seeing as Blue doesnt have the AP to damage her
uhh, respectfully, bullshit. The AP Difference is, again, BARELY 1.4x to 2x let alone any level of "I can tank anything you throw at me" unless you count a stomp as a massive multiplier to that, which would amp up pretty much every Dragon Ball Character

As for the first part, I haven't read the OG manga in awhile but I'm pretty sure it's your first one since I recall ropes being basically indestructible and immovable when under the effects of General Blue's Psychic Powers.

Also where does the weakness that the Psychic Eyes only works on weaker or on-par enemies? IIRC the Tao Pai Pai thing only happened in the anime and NOT the OG Manga and is therefore non-canon to the profile here.

The AP difference is oneshotting someone undamaged by 5 tons vs 3.7 tons, with Ruby's aura alone being 20+ tons in durability

Well, Blue does not go for his Psychic Eyes right away in character. He starts out fighting fair and only uses it when the foe gives him trouble. In the manga, he ended up getting killed by Tao before he ever even had a chance to use it like in the anime.

Are there any abilities Ruby could still use without having to move her body? The person can still talk and move their face while paralyzed, so any passive abilities that do not require muscle movement from the rest of the body could still work, such as her aura.

It turns her into a cloud of rose petals and makes her fast enough to spedblitz people as fast as herself normally

That self-transmutation could possibly undue the effects of the paralysis. She probably wouldn't be foolish enough to look him in the eyes a second time. I think she takes this.

I mean, technically, becoming a bunch of rose petals is not movement, so paralysis probably wouldn't stop her from doing that. That could at the very least be enough to catch Blue off guard and upset his concentration for a moment.

What are you talking about? If you are saying that's because he tied up Roshi, the moon feat is regarded as an outler, also Roshi was caught off guard by a sneak attack that involved special ropes. Blue couldn't beat him in a straight up fight.

This is his first post on the site, he probably just didn't know people thought it was an outlier. He also changed the General Blue page, though it's been changed back.

If Blue doesn't have the ap to damage ruby and his only hax won't be enough then what are his wincons? This is looking like a stomp

Back