• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Manga Chapter 87 CRT [SPOILER]

SPOILER ALERT

In this chapter, few things are changed from the previous chapters

1) Gas would need to get a new key for his zombified state. In this state, he's immune to pain and due to his wish, his body doesn't feel anything, as if he's already dead. However, he's weaker than before, as while before he could fight and outmatch True UI Goku, here he and UE Vegeta are able to beat him, and Goku can break Gas' arm

2) Now to the space tyrant in the room, Frieza. Frieza returns in this Chapter, and introduces his Black Frieza form. Frieza then proceeds to kill Gas with a single strike and after that, he one shots both True UI Goku and UE Vegeta. The main point here is that with this Chapter introduced, and especially with Frieza's new form, that would be enough of a difference between DBS Anime Frieza and DBS Manga Frieza to warrent a separate profile for Manga Frieza. I have a draft for a profile for Manga Frieza in my sandbox

3) Monaito will also have a much more improved healing now, as he was able to heal Goku, Vegeta and Granolah to full power almost instantly as of this chapter

If there's anything I missed please tell me in the comments

Is a new key for gas really necessary? That's just him being half dead he hasn't changed at all other than the fact that he is super beaten up. Those abilities can just be added to his post wish key.
However, he's weaker than before, as while before he could fight and outmatch True UI Goku, here he and UE Vegeta are able to beat him, and Goku can break Gas' arm
His durability sure has decreased but his ap still seems to be the same. Just like Vegeta said he is cursed to be the strongest.

Is a new key for gas really necessary? That's just him being half dead he hasn't changed at all other than the fact that he is super beaten up. Those abilities can just be added to his post wish key.
In this state, Gas also doesn't feel pain and is basically almost dead. The wish would make him age rapidly to the point of dying eventually, but I think that when doing a VS match with Gas, a distinction should be made between the two states
His durability sure has decreased but his ap still seems to be the same. Just like Vegeta said he is cursed to be the strongest.
That's true, but then again, there's no denying Goku is dealing with him way better here than previously

One thing about frieza's sandbox that bugs me him killing gas is mentioned in the black frieza part meanwhile he did that feat in his final form he didn't use black frieza until he one shotted Goku and Vegeta.

One thing about frieza's sandbox that bugs me him killing gas is mentioned in the black frieza part meanwhile he did that feat in his final form he didn't use black frieza until he one shotted Goku and Vegeta.
Frieza did use his Black form to defeat Gas. You can see him transform just because he attacks. Then he quickly un-transforms.

In this state, Gas also doesn't feel pain and is basically almost dead. The wish would make him age rapidly to the point of dying eventually, but I think that when doing a VS match with Gas, a distinction should be made between the two states
I think that's fine

Not really gas is still pretty easily beating both Goku and Vegeta it's just his durability has decreased significantly so their hits are actually having an impact now

I'll admit it is hard to be 100% sure. The vagueness of it could be attributed to keeping the details of Frieza's new form unclear until he does the proper debut of it.

I'll admit it is hard to be 100% sure. The vagueness of it could be attributed to keeping the details of Frieza's new form unclear until he does the proper debut of it.
Frieza definitely powered up to his Black Form, we can clearly see that Frieza's design when he kills Gas is completely different than his regular form, especially since Frieza's mouth area is in a different colot than the rest of his face, which is not the case in his base final form

Frieza literally did powered down. Though it was momentary
No I’m saying we saw Frieza power down from Black to Base against Goku and Vegeta after showing off his new form. But against Gas it was just one panel of Frieza one shotting Gas with his arm still being white in the final panel of the page. And like in Black form his arms should’ve been glossier. But meh it is kind of vague so we could just wait to upgrade Base Frieza in the future and just post Frieza’s profile as it is for now.

Black Freeza's such a stupid idea but at the same time it makes sense given the context.

Anyway, a new key for Gas could be worthy, given that such state is achieved when he tries to push himself forward one last time after having been beaten up, and it's basically a rotten corpse with extremely limited time left, although you can say he'd eventually transit into such form given what he says in the previous chapter.
As a weakness, he should have the fact that taking too much damage will basically turn accelerate his decay and turn him to dust into moments.

Frieza's having his own file is good, yeah. Him also turning into Black or Gold to kill Granolah would make sense, but given the lack of details, I'd fine with a possibly.

Monaito's good, ofc, but he doesn't have a file.

Frieza manipulating Elec's also a good intelligence feat that applies to all versions.

No I’m saying we saw Frieza power down from Black to Base against Goku and Vegeta after showing off his new form. But against Gas it was just one panel of Frieza one shotting Gas with his arm still being white in the final panel of the page. And like in Black form his arms should’ve been glossier. But meh it is kind of vague so we could just wait to upgrade Base Frieza in the future and just post Frieza’s profile as it is for now.
That's because Frieza wanted to show off to Goku and Vegeta. With Gas, it was just one attack to end him. He didn't needed or wanted to boast about his power here. Regardless, you can't deny it happened given that it's clearly obvious that Frieza's desgin changes between the panel where he kills Gas to immediately afterwards, as well as we definitely see him power up

Now that we have DBS Manga Frieza profile, wouldn't it be better to seperate his profile between DBZ and DBS Anime like we did for Goku, Vegeta and Gohan? The reason I'm saying it is because Frieza's profile is kind of messy with way too many keys

Yeah but that’s the thing it looked more like Frieza was just getting ready to speed up to pierce Gas in that panel. Like we do see that sometimes the characters have the aura thing around them when they proceed to move fast. And the dark shading could be attributed to how fast Frieza was moving. But like I said we could just post it right now and wait for the future arc to confirm if Frieza is on the lvl of Ultra Instinct/Ultra Ego with Base form alone and upgrade him later on. Though we could also see if it’s Base or Black based on the official color manga whenever it gets to this chapter. Ehh whichever one comes out faster I guess.

Yeah but that’s the thing it looked more like Frieza was just getting ready to speed up to pierce Gas in that panel. Like we do see that sometimes the characters have the aura thing around them when they proceed to move fast. And the dark shading could be attributed to how fast Frieza was moving. But like I said we could just post it right now and wait for the future arc to confirm if Frieza is on the lvl of Ultra Instinct/Ultra Ego with Base form alone and upgrade him later on. Though we could also see if it’s Base or Black based on the official color manga whenever it gets to this chapter. Ehh whichever one comes out faster I guess.
Dude, look at Frieza's face. In his Final Form, the area around his mouth is colored differently than the rest of his face, but in his regular final form, they're both white

Frieza definitely powered up to his Black form to kill Gas
0087-026.png

Now compare it to Final Form Frieza:

0087-038.png

Also, Frieza's hands are black/dark gray in when he killed Gas, and white in his base form

But like I said that looks more like a shading thing. Since when Black Frieza was officially introduced there was also another blitz scene and that shows more clearly how Black Frieza looks during a speed blitz. The difference in color between his body and arms are made much clearer here compared to when he one shot Gas which is why I’m having trouble deciding whether or not its Base Frieza or Black Frieza that one shot Gas. That and the fact that both Goku and Vegeta saw Frieza one shot Gas but was still surprised by his new form. It makes me think that maybe Frieza did in fact one shot Gas in Base form and not Black form. I know it’s not like anything will change until we get more confirmation but I’m just giving my thoughts on the matter.

That's because Frieza only used his Black form against Gas for a very short time before he transformed back. Likely that was in split of a second. Considering how shocked they were to even see Frieza there, I doubt they even really noticed

But besides, you can clearly see that when he kills Gas, the colors are clearly different, especially that the mouth and the rest of the face are in two different colors, while in his base form it's always white. This isn't hard to see

Ehh I guess the split second form change could be true. Probably still gonna wait and see what color is shown in the color manga whenever it gets to this chapter though.

Ehh I guess the split second form change could be true. Probably still gonna wait and see what color is shown in the color manga whenever it gets to this chapter though.
I was literally about to say this. Cause if Frieza did one shot in base that'll be a crazy buff. But I'm fine with saying it's a split transformation change, plus I mean it's not like we haven't seen this before. I mean Vegeta did it with Goku Black. Goku did it with Ultra Instint Sign during the Moro arc, so it's not too out of the question

I agree. Also Gas' RPL or AD should list decreasing life span as a weakness. And so should Granolah arguably. The Dragon arguably unlocked all of his potential and condensed it because it wasn't enough. So him getting stronger should only make sense if he is condensing even futher. Not to mention his attack where he went beyond his limit drained his life span

So... the change that happened to Gas and eventually turned into bones was because of the dragon ball effect? Or something else like Frieza's ability?

So... the change that happened to Gas and eventually turned into bones was because of the dragon ball effect? Or something else like Frieza's ability?
No. Frieza did not cause Gas to turn into bones. That was due to Gas' curse to become the strongest, as in Chapter 87, he basically became a living corpse going with whatever life force he had left to fight them. Frieza just accelerated this process
I agree. Also Gas' RPL or AD should list decreasing life span as a weakness. And so should Granolah arguably. The Dragon arguably unlocked all of his potential and condensed it because it wasn't enough. So him getting stronger should only make sense if he is condensing even futher. Not to mention his attack where he went beyond his limit drained his life span
Yeah, though Monaito healed him back to full strength so we don't know really in Granolah's case

I believe freeza was using his golden form when he killed gas. The scan shows freeza's body was all the same shade while black freeza has different shades across his body.

Back