• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super - Goku Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many believe Dragon ball is currently at the universal level mostly due to the infamous fist clash. Firstly there are 2 things people ignore from the fist clash.
And it’s the fact that both Goku and Beerus were stated to have been completely destroyed by the destruction of the universe as well as the shockwaves getting stronger the further they traveled.
This pretty much makes it clear that They can’t survive the universe being destroyed because it’s not done by their own power

“But old kai is lying and it’s just a perspective thing”

Completely false, it is NEVER stated to be a perspective thing, the only thing that goku states is that he was trying to nullify the technique and that’s it. Nowhere does it imply that because goku was doing that it was somehow making old kai think and lie about it. Old kai statement still stands.

“But the narrator”

The narrator also says Beerus went full power

Narrator says things for the moment but the narrator is unreliable. Narrator stated beerus got tired from goku’s fight which is obviously not true.

Narrator is meant to hype up and only says things for the moment. The narrator in context is talking about how their previous punching were creating shockwaves which can destroy the universe, it does not mean their own power.

“But whis”

Whis is talking about the shockwaves themselves, they have enough power to destroy the entire universe. Not only that, but Whis said he couldn’t stop the power that can end the universe which further proves the shockwaves got far stronger than both goku and beerus and even Whis who drastically upscales above them

I know what some might say “but Whis was being persuaded”

While that is correct, he wasn’t being persuaded on stopping the shockwaves, he was being persuaded on stopping the fight itself aka the point of impact that is far weaker than the shockwaves

“But beerus nullified the super dense energy beam”

Yes, that i true however the same super dense energy beam was also producing the shockwaves which old kai stated get much stronger than point of impact

And beerus only nullified the point of impact which is far weaker than the shockwaves themselves

Beerus being capable of destroying universe would completely contradict whis and old kai statements, which definitely hold truth

He only nullified the point of impact, which is not impressive.

“But Beerus is stated that he can destroy the universe”

And? No timeframe=no feat

That is as legit as universal frieza, universal Cell, and universal buu which is not true at all, there is no timeframe.

Statements of someone who can wipe out the universe is common and has been a thing since namek saga frieza

It's nothing special and just hyperbolic used to hype up. There is also no timeframe so irrelevant.

“But Kefla”

It was the tournament of power, the battle between all universes. Kefla stating she can one shot a universe meant she can one shot an entire team

Kefla being capable of one shotting universe would mean she would be able to one shot beerus who can’t survive the destruction of universe 7

Neutral on many things but, why does being unable to survive the void of a universe mean their durability can’t scale? Goku’s and Beerus’s AP were causing these shockwaves, so idk why their durability wouldn’t scale. There’s also the fact Goku can’t survive in space, which isn’t an anti feat for Dura.

Tier 4 Goku when 😔

Isn't there a discussion rule about this or am I tripping?
I guess this?:

Do not attempt to change the current Dragon Ball cosmology and power ratings without new evidence from an ongoing manga or anime series. We have heard all of the arguments many times before, and are so exhausted of constantly dealing with those topics that bringing them up recurrently leads to nowhere, with the discussion threads being oftentimes closed immediately.

It's a bit non-specific though.

Yeah that covers it I think
Prolly might need an additional line regarding trying to downgrade Dragon Ball to below Tier 3, because this isn't the first time someone's tried to do this. A dude named Frey or something also tried regarding the size of a macrocosm, and many other people before him have tried using asinine arguments to not make Goku and Beerus scale to 3-A.

Seeing as this thread breaks a discussion rule, any issues with me closing this?

Seeing as this thread breaks a discussion rule, any issues with me closing this?
Nah, though I'd personally wait for DDM and AKM to word the new rule to include this into the equation as well, since this was already a banned topic even before the Zamasu fiasco occured.

...just reword the previous rule to be more specific. Why do we need another rule to deal with the same issue? To make a banned topic...more banned?

...just reword the previous rule to be more specific. Why do we need another rule to deal with the same issue? To make a banned topic...more banned?
I mean, it could be added as a sub-point to the cosmology blog, or we could add another line to the rule itself dedicated to the feat in the Battle of Gods Arc and then link to AKM's blog.

Just so original poster doesn't feel oppressed, I will respond.
-Goku can't survive in a void. Elder kai is not knowledgable on beerus' power.

-The shockwave getting stronger argument is debunked in this blog.

-The narrators inconsistent statements are immediately debunked by the show, however his statements about universe busting is directly confirming existing statements in the show. And no the narrator states that Goku and Beerus are hitting each other with universal attack potency.

-Whis is literally lying and your evidence is debunked.

-That's not even the super dense attack that you showed in your scan. The actual super dense attack is a mass of ki that scales to their physical stats and is stated verbatim to destroy the universe by whis, and beerus one tapped it.

-You're reaching mate.

I mean, it could be added as a sub-point to the cosmology blog, or we could add another line to the rule itself dedicated to the feat in the Battle of Gods Arc and then link to AKM's blog.
Mhm. Well you can do that if you want. Quick question though. Did you guys link the blog into the verse page and link/relate the rule to it? Especially since I honestly can't remember how I found AKM's blog the first time.

Honestly just making the rule as accessible and specific as possible is the only thing anyone can ask for if you ask me.

Mhm. Well you can do that if you want. Quick question though. Did you guys link the blog into the verse page and link/relate the rule to it? Especially since I honestly can't remember how I found AKM's blog the first time.

Honestly just making the rule as accessible and specific as possible is the only thing anyone can ask for if you ask me.
I think at the time the cosmology rule was only made with the cosmology in mind as that was what Frey's threads were tackling, not the scaling nature of the feat in BoG itself.

But the blog is already in the verse page and on Goku's page on top

EDIT: Okay, it isn't on the verse page for some reason, but it's on Goku's profile.

Last edited:
This thread completely devoid of all common sense.
First of all, it's not the force of the clash itself but rather some aftermaths; the only reason Beerus dies in the first place they'd kill Shin in the process; and it's just a chain reaction that killing him causes the instant death of Beerus. In Goku's case, it's more so the lack of oxygen that would cause his death. Also, the Narrator only said he used his full power playing off of Beerus' statement, which was later revealed that Beerus lied just to get Goku motivated. Using 10% of his strength against Vegeta and using 100% against Goku were both lies and he didn't even use 1% (In fact, he only used an infinisimal amount).

As for why the epic center was less destructive, it's more so because Goku and Beerus absorbs most of the impact; and newton's 3rd law alone is proof they both scale from it because neither one of them shattered their bones from the clash. Goku was still not used to his SSG form and was stil growing stronger with each second that passes and his Godly Ki Control was limited at the time was the reason why the shock wave happened in the first place, and nowadays he's far above the initial shockwave and could simply destroy the universe with ease if he wanted to.

We literally have far too many DB related discussion rules that forbids giant revisions like this.

This is like the 5th 3-A//ow 2-C dbs downgrade attempt this month. Hell it might even be the 6th or 7th.

This is like the 5th 3-A//ow 2-C dbs downgrade attempt this month. Hell it might even be the 6th or 7th.
i wanna see what the goku fan's reaction will be when they see that goku isn't even universal

bro the thread will be probab closed dw. No need to agree and disagree
Someone posted a CRT, people posted arguments and I sided with the counters, doesn't matter if it's getting closed, the OP should at least see some discussion and votes to his points

Someone posted a CRT, people posted arguments and I sided with the counters, doesn't matter if it's getting closed, the OP should at least see some discussion and votes to his points
the OP is probably trolling as you see above, he made it just to annoy DB fans.

i wanna see what the goku fan's reaction will be when they see that goku isn't even universal

Their reaction after seeing this thread.

8ae7c9c3-6c33-4292-b6a4-b3448a5db453.mp4

Okay this can be closed.

Last edited:
All you've "proven" is that Goku and Beerus can't survive the environmental destruction of the universe. They still endured universe level attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back