• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its funny that someone says one thing about a db character being strong people just start naming others that can beat them for no reason. Yeah we get it they can beat them with hax who cares. the Dragonball verse is strong in it own right they lack hax and?.

It has been shown only like two times of Ki>Hax first was Vegito surviving buu's candy beam and stating he was so strong he retained his ability to use ki and talk, the second is Goku stating he is at a level far beyond hits time skip so he resisted it and in their next battle hit says it won't work on goku anymore. Then their is a statement from goku that Arele's toon force doesn't work on guy like him. Also Botamo only fight base goku so we don't know if stronger attack work, Devilman was never in a fight with someone stronger then him so we don't know if a more powerful person would not be affected master carrot never used his power on someone stronger so he's out to. It is not shown a lot but it seems a character needs to be massively stronger then another in order for their abilities to be rendered useless but this is only my opinion. Dragonball doesn't get into abilities like that and its fine by me but when they do one thing someone needs to start comparing them to other characters. Can we go back to talking about what do you think thethe other characters from the other universes look or what productions some of you have for the universe survival arc or something fun. I'm tired of all this comparing them to other verses crap.

Why does Supreme Kai act like he could live through Universe 7 being Erased wtf you wouldn't be an embarassment dude you'd be dead

I don't wanna read the full show above, but I'm guessing it's a hax debate. Anyway slowly but surely DB amassing more and more versatility, give it time folks. At least the Gods and Angels seem to be moderately haxed, probably have more resistance than we think as well.

Also shoutout to Matt, of all the characters to use you pick Papi, my man XD

@Xantospec

Not once did he say that, and it's important to be respectful on all threads, especially when speaking to Staff Members.

why is it that DB doesnt have more hax? Ive wondered this for some time, give me your thoughs. They could afford a little more without taking away The spirit of The game(martial arts).

DB has gotten some hax like some very limited time rewind, time stop, bfr, energy nullification.

So I did a calc for early DB (like really early DB) and I got Sub-Rel as the result, do you think I should publish it?

This is of course for fun, i dont want to upgrade anyone from it but im scarred other people will.

Because Akira doesn't care about it this show's main style of fighting is hand to hand with some cool energy attacks

@Rad. Sure. Remember, I made a calc for small town MHS+ Kevin McCalister. If I can do that, you can post your thing.

Xantospoc said:
This is absolutely false on every single point. But if that makes you feel better, have it your way.
Power will always be >> Hax. Hax matters only when the tier is similar or the writing of a series is trash
This is such an absurd wank I'm baffled. There are numerous abilties which has completely ignores any stats. I have never seen any fanbase other than Dragon Ball saying AP > hax. None.

Good lord people....

@Xanto You probably shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. You cause problems for everyone. Arguments like yours is the reason people make fun of DB fans. And why people feel the need to reference EVERY single character and series that is above DB.

@Everyone Can you guys stop naming EVERY single character that can beat Goku, or Beerus, or Zeno? Seriously. In all seriousness it is overall irrelevant to this DBS discussion thread and honestly feels very degrading. No one cares that Saint Seiya characters can beat Zeno or if Kirby can beat Goku. When it comes to pure destruction DB is a powerful verse. When it comes to hax not so much. But no one should really care. It ruins the entire mood of the thread. Yeah we can jokingly post images like the one Matt did with Apollo and the Gods. But everytime someone says DB is getting powerful, we don't need to have someone mention every character that still beats them. That's equal to me going on a Saint Seiya Discussion Thread and going "Zeed still solos the verse! lololololololololololololol"....Can we just stay on topic? This type of shit ruins the fun of these threads and honestly can drive people away.

@Dragon:Just because I think Odin doesn't hold a candle to Beerus? Honestly, if people think like that, I am fine if DBZ is looked down.

That conversation came post people claiming 5-A Zeno and such like that. Heck. Comparing people came from someone saying that Zeno would be > Arceus.

Honestly, forgive me for this. I'm pissed and tired after events from the past two days, and DB stuff doesn't help the situation.

I might've said that out of context. The statement was if Zeno would be 2-A and it would be in AP only.

Again, Raw power > Hax unless the tiers are similar. There is a point after which no matter which rabbit you pull out of your hat a punch will take you down, if the gap is wide enough

Disagree with me? Fine. I won't hear another opinion though

Xantospoc said:
Again, Raw power > Hax unless the tiers are similar. There is a point after which no matter which rabbit you pull out of your hat a punch will take you down, if the gap is wide enough
That is only a thing for certain haxes. Not all. The point of hax is to bypass physical abilities.

Yes and it does... when they are CLOSE! Keyword - close.

If you disagree. Fine. I won't argue any further and not care of any differing argument

@Dragonmasterxyz well from what I've seen on the vs threads a lot people don't care about the characters page and just make the thread because 1. They want the character to win and don't care or 2. They thought it would be funny to see the character lose.

Xantospoc said:
Yes and it does... when they are CLOSE! Keyword - close.
If you disagree. Fine. I won't argue any further and not care of any differing argument
The very definition of hax, which comes from hacks (ie cheat) is to bypass stats of opposition character. Can you tell us how raw power can help you break out of time loop? You think screaming in DBZ fashion will break the loop?

A few bad apples make the DB fanbase look bad, who are too stubborn to understand and accept basic concepts.

Yes, I think time manipulation can be disrupted by ki. I think reality warping can.

As a matter of fact characters already back in Z have torn the fabric of time and space by raw power, so again, YES, Hax will always be below raw power

Xantospoc said:
Yes and it does... when they are CLOSE! Keyword - close. If you disagree. Fine. I won't argue any further and not care of any differing argument
(´╝øõ©Ç_õ©Ç) I come back from class, and this is still going on, you know we literally have characters on here like Soujirou Mibu from the masadaverse who is only 7-B, and can literally cut cut through anything both physically and metaphysically, and can even cut apart concepts like the concept of distance so his attacks will always land on his opponents without having to move from his position, and can cut space-time killing someone in all of timelines, past, present, and/or future, can cut through fate, souls, lifespans, and even cut through higher dimensional abstractions

How the hell is is raw power beating this?

OMG can we please stop this tiered argument I have seen some Hax beat stronger people and I have seen Raw power overcome some hax it is possible.

I am completely unironic. WHen you can destroy ******* planets and the guy can't even destroy a town, my punch will incinerate his atoms before it can cut even my hair

UNLESS said guy has shown to be able to affect beings who have destroyed planets or higher events. Otherwise, yes, he will freaking destroy me and make me regret all my choices.

But again, hax is trash. Raw power will always win unless the gap is enough, or said trash has already shown to affect beings on that level (Example, Kumagawa managing to affect Ajimu who is at least low 2-C despite him being otherwise defeatable by any Naruto character without soul hax)

Medaka? Pfft, she gets hit with a punch. Yukari? Same thing. God Emperor? No diff. 682? One dead lizard. Reinhard? He's gonna have a Rein-hard time beating this punch. Shaka? Shak-ha! He dead. Cloud Strife? One more reason to be emo. Flash? That's how quick I killed him. Silver Surfer? I hit him with a Radd punch. Adam ruined his life when he tried challenging me.

It's completely ridiculous that people are treating hax as something general enough to make broad, overall statements towards like "AP will always beat hax" or "hax will always beat AP."

Hax isn't a single power. It's a blanket term for a massive variety of tens if not hundreds of different powers and abilities. Each with their differing variations of how they work, how useful they are, how well they'd do against certain people, etc. depending on the verse.

There are hypothetically countless situations where one's hax will do nothing against another's AP, and countless where one's AP will do nothing against another's hax. There's no absolute regarding this.

Another thing some aren't understanding is that in certain cases hax can become (at least effectively) raw power.

If you can instantly steal a soul, and someone has no resistence to soul manipulation and needs their soul to survive. Then you are able to one shot that person. What does it matter if you one shot them with a punch or one shot them with that ability? You are capable of one shotting that person. The same way one would've used their raw power in the fight, that person is going to use their hax in. And if someone has both the speed advantage and hax, there's really nothing the AP person can do, even if they are orders of magnitude stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back