• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am constantly telling you guys. If you argue, I will stand by my opinion becuase you are completely wrong in my eyes. If you just let me go, as I can't impose anything on you ... becuase you are the mods and I am the member., I won't bother you any further. What I ask is for you to stop!

Also, Ryukuma, you have to show me first you can affect characters of the tiers of that souls, not the other way aroud

And you guys just won't stop this is not even a dragon ball thread anymore can you guys please take this somewhere else.

@Xantospoc I'm not sure if you know what durability negation is. But basically it's an attack that targets something other than an opponent's physical body. Such as their soul, their mind, their existence, their concept, etc.

Since attacks like this are unrelated to one's physical body, it does not matter how durable said body is. Unless they can also resist that hax, it's going to affect them. Why do you think poison was able to defeat Goku? Because regardless of how hard of a hit or a blast Goku can take, that poison attacked him from the inside desite Goku's durability. His AP didn't negate what that poison was able to do to him. And it wouldn't negate attacks to his soul, erasing him from existence, reality warping him into a plant, preventing him from ever being born, etc.

And I never said all haxes work on people with an AP advantage. But there are definitely a lot of them that do.

I do. I don't believe in 'durability negation' until it works on higher beings. As simple as that.

Also, because that poison could affect beings of his tier. SIMPLE.

Also, I totally think Goku VS Begamo willshow that Goku CAN get around that hax

Durability negation by definition is meant to work on a higher being.

And you keep bringing up tiers and AP, yet those things are completely irrelevant to what is being discussed here. They're not even related.

It's like if I'm trying to say Goku would one shot someone, yet someone else says "yeah but that person is a really good tap dancer so he wouldn't get one shot." Tap dancing doesn't negate being one shot and the ability to tap dance is completely different than the ability to take a punch.

Having your physical body be able to take strong attacks or being able to punch super hard doesn't mean you can withstand your soul getting stolen, your existence being erased, getting turned into a plant, having the concept of your being destroyed, having someone go back in time and prevent you from being born, etc.

But I am done discussing this. It's derailing the thread and going nowhere. You can believe whatever you want.

Xantospoc can you please just leave this alone please I'm begging you this has derailed this tread long enough.

I disagree again with Ryu. Again, either you are a tier, or you are a tier physically and get higher with hax. Period. Anyone who wants to discuss this can send me a message which I will never answer

Either you are a tap dancer, or you are a tap dancer naturally and get higher with Attack Potency. Period.

@Dragonmasterxyz well going back and forth with him didn't help the situation

Can we just delete the comments that are rage bait? Including my own? I'd do it myself, but I'm too irl tired.

You guy think Majin Buu is going beat Basil or do you think Basil is holding something back?

Full Nightbringer?

I mean, he did fight Khaine, who managed to nearly match Slaanesh high on the power of the other Eldar gods. So that's kind of a hideous stomp. lol

I thought this was a Dragonball super discussion thread why are you talking about other characters.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I mean Materium Nightbringer, lol.
There is only Materium Nightbringer. lol Since the C'tan can't exist in the Warp, as it's anathema to their nature. He did fight Khaine in the webway, however. Being a realm connected to both, both of them could fight to their fullest.

Edit: Actually, it was in the Materium, but since Khaine was at the height of his power, he had actually fully manifested in realspace, which is something the Eldar Gods could do that the Chaos Gods can't. This is also supported by the fact that the Nightbringer's shards impaling Khaine permanently damage his very essence, and that the same piece postulates that the C'tan = the Eldar Gods in power.

@Matthew Schroeder I get that the wiki wants multiple locations for 2A. But I don't see how that's logical. After all even the current tiering system considers the size of a location as relevant for 4D structures, as that is how it is determined if it is just hax, high 3A, Low 2C etc, so clearly the current tiering system cosniders size of a 4D structure relevant. If you have 2 finite spatial 4D structures, compared to 1 infinte spacial 4D structure are you going to tell me the 2 fininte structures are more impressive? Infintly more impressive? I just think that's flawed, by that logic you could have 2 planet sized structures and it is more impressive than an infinite sized structure.

I didn't assume anything Matt. I said specifically those are several possible interpritations since it is not made clear the nature of the void world, just that it is a structure that is inifnite and possibly devoid of traditional space time. This could in fact mean any of the things I stated, as a higher diemsnional structure could be devoid of space time, as could a dimensionless structure, and it could indeed be a figure of speach, all are possible.

And as for Seth man, you shouldn't make fun of him when hes not even here to defend his stance. I happen to know the guy and he backs up what he says, much of which I happen to agree with, whether you agree with his interpritation or not.

Seth is a public person running a youtube account publishing his opinion. If I disagree with him, and believe him to be a wanker, I have all the right in the world to say so.

Yes you can indeed say you disagree, but you shouldn't present it as fact that he's wrong, you should present it as your opinion that he is wrong. Either way just pointing out it would be common curtosy not to bad mouth people who aren't even there.

regardles thats gettign off topic and not my main points.

Of course you are free to disagree with Seth's views and state the fact that you do. And having a public YouTube account Seth knowingly opens himself up for criticism which he deserves to receive if people don't like what he's saying.

However I think it'd be better for this site to not bash him or call Seth a wanker out in public. In order to maintain the civility and respect we'd like to keep on this site. Especially considering Seth has a community of really big fans, and we as a wiki do not like starting bad blood with other communities.

All it takes is simple reading comprehension to understand that when I say "X person is Y", I am stating my opinion. I don't need to diminush my thoughts or purposefuly alter my voice and way of speaking out of fear of triggering someone who might disagree with me.

I doubt we would be having this conversation if I said "Seth is a great guy, his videos are very insightful!", which is an equally imposing statement, that might also be interpreted as me as presenting a fact. But you wouldn't care about it, either because you'd agree with the sentiment or are friends with Seth.

I never attacked Seth's character, or private life, or nothing of the matter. I criticized his skills as a debater, which in my mind is very poor.

And I already explained my stance on the "Infinite Vs Finite 4D" previously. As long as it is a complete space-time continuum, the size of the universe inside this continuum doesn't matter, and yes, destroying two finite universes spatiotemporally is more impressive than destroying one infinite universe spatiotemporally.

I'm not saying to diminish your thoughts or shut up about disagreeing with Seth. And I myself do not agree with multiple videos that he's makes.

Of course you can also criticize Seth's skills as a debator or acknowledge that you think his arguments are poor. I guess I just find things like "wanker" to be a rather harsh statement to be calling someone for a site where we try to be civily debate with each other on the main and formal wiki, but that's just me.

And I'm not solely talking to any single person, rather saying as a whole I do not think we should be bashing someone rather just stating our disagreements with them in a civil matter. That is all.

Wanker is just a catch-all term used in Vs.Debating to refer to people who overhype feats to the stratosphere, and also act dishonestly either hiding evidence or showcasing half-trues to fit their narrative, which is what, in my personal opinion that you are 100% free to fully disagree with, what SethTheProgrammer is.

Perhaps I should call him a "Dragon Ball Overplayer", then? Opposite to "Downplayer", if it sounds less agressive to you.

If most people don't find the term "wanker" to be that harsh of a term within VS debating despite its initial origin elsewhere, then I don't mind people using it.

And I'm not going to act holier than thou and pretend I haven't said wanker many times before. Just I've done so during less formal discussions outside the main wiki.

I'm sorry if I'm coming across any way. I'm not at all offended people are saying negative things about Seth and like I said I don't agree with him a lot either. I just don't want this site to be bashing or acting uncivil towards others for their disagreements. But again if wanker isn't really that harsh to you guys within a setting like this then fine.

No, since you did not make it clear. You said he is a wanker, after listing his opinion on characters abiltiies, implying that he is wrong, and that his opinion is somehow less than yours and shouldn't be trusted. Had you just said "I don't agree with him" that would be fine, but insulting him and implying his view is simply wrong, no question, and that he should not be trusted, is insulting and not helpful to anybody.

OK, so by your logic Goku destroying Hit's space time continum he made from time is equal to destroying an infinte Universe? After all tehre are infinte points in time inside that thing. Or destroying ROSAT? Also any high 3A is equal to any Low 2C even if the time space the high 3A destroys is smaller in size, so it really should be the same tier since size of structure is irrelivent? It just sounds wrong dude, how do you figure we can quantify mutliple finitne structures as superior to an infinte structure? an infinite 3D structure > multiple finite 3D structures after all. Logically inifnte 4D power would be above fininte 4D power, even if said fininte 4D power was made by multiple structures. Unless you have proof that it takes infintly more power to effect 2 4D structures than 1.

Not trying to be nasty but it really doesn't make sense to me how a finitne 4D structure = infinite 4D structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back