• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So either Goku goes second and loses to poison (again) or Gohan goes second and loses (again!). Hope neither of these scenario's happen, but these seem like the only possibilities.

Goku losing to poison is literally the best outcome, since the only way to beat him without actually being as strong as him is with hax.

Or Buu wins, then loses. Then Gohan wins then loses. Finally Goku wins. (though I kinda want U9 to win to sorta show the other universes dont F around)

I don't think Bergamo will beat Goku. I think the entire point of Bergamo VS Goku is to show he won't lose a second time to poison, like he did with Frost.

Yes, I know, maybe I am a little too hopeful of what I want to have, some character development

@RadicalMrR him losing too poison would be painfully unoriginal and just shitty writing, it really isn't that hard to come up with other ways to beat someone like Goku.

Well the bergamo guy is a master of poison meaning he can maybe control it unlike first who need to sting you.

Its either poison or the fanbase asking "Why doesnt Goku go SSB and roflstomp these fools."

They've set it so that these are literally the only 2 outcomes, ill take poison for a second time over "He held back" for the 164984849th time.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I don't understand why after a short time goku gets rusty its pretty sad especially a few seconds before that he caught all those machine gun rounds and han no visible marks. Beerus sleeps for a very long time and he doesn't get rusty.
Who said Beerus isn't rusty? lol

@Matthew Schroeder I noticed you were saying that destroying any sized 4D space time continum no matter the size of the Universe would result in Low 2-C status. This seems off to me. Theoretically if you can destroy an infinite amount of 4D space time wouldn't that be infinitly above a finite amount? Even if space time is equivelent to infinte+ 3D matter still an infinitly larger amount of space time would be infintly more impressive than a finite amount.

Kind of like if I had 1 2D object which weighed nothing in the 3D world we live in on my hand at first, then having a 1 gram stone in my hand is infinitly above that, then having a infinite weight stone is infinitly above that. It would still be 1 stone or 1 3D object, but infinitly more impressive and infinte 3D power. Same deal here, why is it that 1 infinte 4D object is not equal to infinte finite 4D objects?

I don't understand your question, but I already explained my point. Size of individual things loses all meaning on Tier 2, so you can't use the size of a singular universe as the quantification, because any complete Space-Time Continuum is Infinite from our perspective. You can't quantify the distance between destroying one Continuum and two either, it is not a simple matter of multiplication. For Tier 2 we require multiple locations being destroyed.

Furthermore, you are making an awful lot of assumptions regarding the World of Void. All we know of it is that it is a dimension / universe devoid of space-time, filled with an infinite amount... of nothing. So it's really just nothing isolated from the rest of reality. The entire point of the dimension is so that the warriors can go all out without the risk of destroying planets, stars, the universe, etc, since there is literally nothing to destroy there.

Void Dimensions, realities devoid of time-space, etc are incredibly common in fiction, and saying that a place is "Infinite nothingness" doesn't tell much about it. Your earlier suggestion that the description could be interpreted as 1-A is also ludicrous, cause there is no mention of higher dimensions, multiverses and transcendence over all modes and levels of reality. There is jut one line saying it has no space nor time. By this logic, one could be an equal troll and say that it is a 0-Dimensional location.

Of course, it isn't. It is still a place the characters will enter, fight in, etc. There are clouds inside, there will be an arena, the combants will likely be able to breath through some Angel magic atmosphere thingy, etc. So it clearly won't function as a true void of nothingness we sometimes see in fiction.

Look at the Dark Dimension from the Dr.Strange movie, it is literally devoid of time entirely. Dormammu is said in the movie to both predate the concept of time, and to have been born from the fear of death mortals across the multiverse have, which is a clear contradiction since he can't predate all life in the multiverse and also be born from it... Until you remember that he is beyond time altogether, so such a "contradiction" only applies when we think from the perspective of linear time. And indeed, in the end of the movie when Strange introduces time to the dimension, Dormammu is dumbfounded. It's an experience completely alien to him.

I suspect that what the "No space and time" will effectively mean in terms of story is that it will be disconnected from the 12 Universes, and while the tournament happens there no time will have passed from the outside perspective. Also, the fact that people like Krillin or Master Roshi will be fighting inside it also puts doubt to the "Devoid of all space and time" idea. Either DBS has completely thrown all logic out the window, or the place actually has some degree of space and time, as people like them logically shouldn't be able to sustain or comprehend true nothingness without space and time.

Also, in Saint Seiya: Episode G Assassin, Gemini Saga's Galaxian Explosion shook the Underworld, which after Hades' death had become a universe that was nothing but an empty, formless void. So by your logic Gold Saints are also 2-A.

Well as of now Zeno is nowhere near 5-D but who knows he might be in the future. Dragonball seems to have problem to where they can't just say something or do it but ease into it episode by episode by episode and in the end will just get a weak statement or one feat that is questionable. Anyway I didn't get to see the episode did anything funny happen?

"Zeno is a being beyond space and time."

If something like this is said wouldnt that make him 5-D?

Zeno can't be beyond time and space if he has multiple versions of himself, if something like that is said it would be an inconsistency, someone who is beyond time and space can't be bounded by time thereby having versions of them self for every timeline, that makes no sense.

Well I dont really care what tier Zeno is in since he has no hax to back him up, the question was more towards Arceus since by the way Pokemon is going that might be the only way to upgrade him.

Wait so what your saying is only 3-D beings can have multiple versions of themselves from different timelines but all 5-D beings and up can only have one even if their are multiple timelines in the 5 Dimension?

Let's imagine we get a direct quote that states Zen'o is 5-D? Will we rate him as a 3-D character that just so happens to be able to affect 5-D?

A Space-Time Continuum is a 4th Dimensional construct. Going by this Wiki,the implication is that by being 5th-Dimension you exist beyond all 4th-Dimensional constructions, such as universes. As such, the idea that a 5th-Dimensional being would be restricted to a single timeline, and each timeline would hold a parallel version of him is ludicrous.

What matt said, a 5-D being is beyond the 4-D space-time continuum, they can't be restricted by a 4-D construct, zeno having multiple versions of himself instantly killed off any chance of him being 5-D, he could be 3-D with 5-D power though, but seems unlikely.

You COULD be 3-D but still hold Higher-Dimensional powers, like many protagonists from VNs and such that gain ludicrous powers by the end of their series, but are still humans, but by all shown evidence Zeno is not 5th-Dimensional.

Is he really restricted to a 4-D construct though? Just because he exists in a 4-D place, doesn't automatically mean he can't exist in a higher place. I'm not suggesting Zen'o is 5-D, but according to you Zen'o can't even be 5-D and I disagree with that. For instance if somewhere in the future it gets stated that Zen'o is 5-D, I don't see why we wouldn't upgrade him.

The very definition of being 5-D means you are beyond the time and space of an infinite multiverse, for one the dbu isn't infinite, and zeno isn't beyond it, he is restricted by it cause he has mulitple versions of himself throughout different timelines, i am not saying he can't somehow have 5-D power, just that he himself can't be 5-D.

@FTW.

They went to Trunks' timeline. There was another Zeno there in the future. There's a Zeno in every timeline, and if you time travel in those timelines the Zeno from the future and past aren't the same either.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@FTW.

They went to Trunks' timeline. There was another Zeno there in the future. There's a Zeno in every timeline, and if you time travel in those timelines the Zeno from the future and past aren't the same either.

DB made Zeno weak with that, well atleast he has some spatial manupilation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back