• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread XC

I mean, considering Z is pretty much the masterpiece of its genre from which every other series made after it took cues from, its logical to say it's pretty much impossible to leave the same mark as it did.

true, very true. 99% of dragon ball fans love Z.

So to give a more specific question:

Would even the most hardcore Z fans like the moro arc? And how does it compare to z in quality?

i havent read it since im much more of an anime db guy but im still curious

I'll say it depends on your oppinion on the rest of the Super manga (the manga, mind you, the anime is totally different). If you like the manga, then you'll love; if you don't, then you'll hate it.

AKM sama said:
Are you guys able to upload any image while trying to change your profile pic? Or is it uploading endlessly?
I've been having this issue for some days now. I don't think this works for profile pics, but anyone having issues uploading; you can "fix" it by uploading directly:

Fwsgdghsdfasft sdfgdtg

Ionliosite said:
No other studio will ever work on Dragon Ball other than Toei. They won't let their biggest cash cow go away.
FTFY

@Argo That doesn't work for pfp

Toei would never drop Dragon Ball to another studio and I don't think Akira Toriyama would let that happen since they have had a great relationship for years. God forbid, when Tori passes, maybe someone will sell it off to another studio but I am not sure how another studio would get their hands on DB unless Toriyama and Toei have a fallout.

FTFY

@Argo That doesn't work for pfp

I assume that the other cash cow is OP?

Interesting Shonen Jump is in the top 8 of all time, one would assume DB plays a big part in that being its top earning asset. Yes, DB makes more than OP.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I'm pretty sure Dragon Ball is Toei's biggest cash cow overall, but One Piece's Manga was more successful.
One Piece is undoubtedly massive, but it's been in publication for a much longer span of time than Dragon Ball was. And even then Dragon Ball isn't far behind, and exceeds it on many fronts, especially in the west.

I did see a pretty wacky and interesting theory by MasakoX on YT. He said what if the Goku that showed up is actually Merus in disguise XD? That would be so wack.

BlackeJan said:
Chi-chi is a asshole of a mother

Change my mind
Like AwkguyDB said by real life standards Chi Chi is an exemplary mother, while Goku is a dead beat dad. But under anime standards Goku is aight, but Chi Chi is still a good mom that just wants to secure a future for her family and wants to keep them safe. Dealing with Goku must actually be a handful, but I don't feel bad for her at all seeing as how she forced him to marry her and all lol.

Gohan was also pretty spoiled when he was a kid, IIRC, not in a bad way, but it kinda showed that aside from strict education Chi-Chi must have been pretty loving in every other regard.

I always wondered if Goku being a dead beat is because he was essentially dragged into a life in a more regular society after marrying Chi-Chi. I mean, he was pretty much a hermit living off nature for most of his life. Had he gone on his own, he probably would have just kept that very simple lifestyle and his training.

The reason why i say that cause Chi-chi wanted Gohan to study more than the entire planet being put to danger, I mean he cant study if there is no planet

BlackeJan said:
The reason why i say that cause Chi-chi wanted Gohan to study more than the entire planet being put to danger, I mean he cant study if there is no planet
You missed the point. It's just an instinctive response for a mother to not want her son to be in danger or risk his life. He may be the strongest warrior on the planet, but from her perspective he's her baby boy. So it's not so much a logical thing, but an instinctual maternal response. That's how I see it personally.

Back