• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nibbler3100 said:
I like that Hitto pokes fun at the way Goku screams like he broke the 4th wall and have heard our arguments over the years he has transcended even his own multiverse
LOL 4th wall break FTW XD though if Goku's immunity to hax is by powering up then.....bye bye haxs XD

Nibbler3100 said:
I like that Hitto pokes fun at the way Goku screams like he broke the 4th wall and have heard our arguments over the years he has transcended even his own multiverse
Remember the time when Goku talked to the Narrator? 4th wall be damned

If that's really 1000 tons then I really have a problem with toyataro's manga, FTDS will have the time of his life downplaying the shit out of DB when this get confirmed to be 1000 tons.

Alexcar3000 said:
Nibbler3100 said:
Remember the time when Goku talked to the Narrator? 4th wall be damned
Bitch, please.

Gokubreaksmangapanel
Goku breaking the 4th wall.

Strmi said:
Why people bother with lifting strenght,when lifting strenght = / = striking strenght
Not about that, about vegeta doing reverse thumb push ups in suits that sunk in the ground, then he can't lift 1000 tons Toyatroll plz.

Aimenaltair said:
Strmi said:
Why people bother with lifting strenght,when lifting strenght = / = striking strenght
Not about that, about vegeta doing reverse thumb push ups in suits that sunk in the ground, then he can't lift 1000 tons Toyatroll plz.
Every chapter of the manga is supervised by Toriyama, and Toriyama himself draws a few panels to help out Toyataro. So yes, the 1000ton is canon. Unfortunately

Aimenaltair said:
Strmi said:
Well ... DBS Anime > DBS Manga.

Toriyama likely has no idea just how much his own characters are suppose to be able to lift at this point and he probably just thought that 1000 tons would be an impressive number for them when it really isn't.Its already been established that the anime is primary canon and the manga is an adaptation of the anime so what happens in the manga really dont matter especially now that the anime is ahead of it. Though i wouldnt doubt that toriyama beleives that even anime vegeta can't lift 1000 tons but so far no numbers have been given in the anime which is imo a good thing cause any number they think of will probably be inconsistent with what the characters should be able to do at this point.

Dragon ball , the only anime with people who can punch a universe away, train in suits that sinks into the ground, tank Planetary explosion without scratch, but can't lift for sh*t.

Aimenaltair said:
Dragon ball , the only anime with people who can punch a universe away, train in suits that sinks into the ground, tank Planetary explosion without scratch, but can't lift for sh*t.
Can't lift sh*t huh? You try lifting 1000 tons. Lol jk

Anyone remember that huge green thing that Farmer!Goku wore on his back like... 20 or so episodes ago? How much did that thing weight lol

Aimenaltair said:
The velocity at which the punch was delivered probably effected how many tons were slammed on Vegeta which I say is probably a lot if Vegeta couldn't DODGE!or Vegeta pulled a Gohan.

Xali990 said:
Aimenaltair said:
The velocity at which the punch was delivered probably effected how many tons were slammed on Vegeta which I say is probably a lot if Vegeta couldn't DODGE!or Vegeta pulled a Gohan.
Dragon 020

oh boy. that vegeta lifting thing is actually worse than the forty tonne feat.

if you assume goku could carry the forty in base and then x50 for SSJ you get 2000 tonne.. and SSJ Vegeta can't even budge 1000.

Toriyama Pls.

Screwattack: it seems that the ssj transforations are not linear multipliers, therefor the biggest feat ever shown in DB in ssj is 1000 and since SSB don't have a specific multiplier, SSB vegeta and goku can only lift 1000 tons and superman is limitless.

After a rough, approximative scaling from Goku and calc, I got that the water inside the tank, not taking into account the thickness of the tank and it's mass, was around 10,910,000 kg or 10,910t.

Toyatoro just f*cked us while we were f*ck**g the downplayers, a three way i presume, i know it's edgy but it's literally what's happening right now.

Guys I think you are forgetting the fact that the manga is only secondary while the anime is primary and guess what? That lifting nonsense never occured in the anime so therefore we treat it like everything else that happens in the manga and that is that no feat in the manga counts unless it happens in the anime which since the magetta fight is over it pretty much means this feat never happened. FACT BIATCH.

Akira supervises what's in the manga and changes anything he doesn't like. Even if we assume Toyotaro came up with this display it still went through approval. Not good for us guys.

Derpmaster9000 said:
Guys I think you are forgetting the fact that the manga is only secondary while the anime is primary and guess what? That lifting nonsense never occured in the anime so therefore we treat it like everything else that happens in the manga and that is that no feat in the manga counts unless it happens in the anime which since the magetta fight is over it pretty much means this feat never happened. FACT BIATCH.
Not really. Each and every manga chapter is supervised by Toriyama. Each and every chapter. Toriyama personally draws and changes stuff that he doesn't like.

The 1000 ton panel was approved by Toriyama, that's undeniable. If Toriyama didn't like it, he would've changed it. That was said in the latest interview.

It's not all bad tbh. The Saiyans have a history of terrible lifting strength so at this point we just have to accept that. Just be glad something like the 1000tons feat didn't happen to the Gods.

Shock97 said:
It's not all bad tbh. The Saiyans have a history of terrible lifting strength so at this point we just have to accept that. Just be glad something like the 1000tons feat didn't happen to the Gods.
I agree, lifting in DB was never a factor. People have forgotten that in the same manga Champa busted a planet with a kick, then another by punch. Not even New 52 Superman has that level of striking feat.

Faisal Shourov said:
Shock97 said:
I agree, lifting in DB was never a factor. People have forgotten that in the same manga Champa busted a planet with a kick, then another by punch. Not even New 52 Superman has that level of striking feat.
Exactly. It's like ignoring everything else that Odin (Marvel) can do and strictly focusing on lifting power. Even someone like him and Zeus had 60+ tons on their Marvel Handbooks ratings.

Faisal Shourov said:
Derpmaster9000 said:
Not really. Each and every manga chapter is supervised by Toriyama. Each and every chapter. Toriyama personally draws and changes stuff that he doesn't like.
The 1000 ton panel was approved by Toriyama, that's undeniable. If Toriyama didn't like it, he would've changed it. That was said in the latest interview.
Ehh not really

a better word would be the storyboard

the conversation on question

"Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.

Toriyama:That's right.

Toyotarō:Since Chapter 1 I've used Toriyama-sensei's plot as a basis, but have been allowed to expand on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back