• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 88

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragomer said:
Omegas03 said:
Xeno Goku has gone through the SSG ritual, GT and a lot more. The dude should have SSJ5 already smh.
I though Xeno Goku was seperated from GT Goku ?
Somewhat. Xeno Goku has some of the DBZ movies under his belt, namely Lord Slug and Fusion Reborn IIRC (He was apparently alive during in his version) but as Omegas said, he's gone SSG once and has experienced most if not all of GT.

FFS, what the hell are they doing ? did the one piece people bribe them to stop it because it was making more money than it ? or maybe the gundam people ?

I can't understand why you'd go radio silents for a year, outside of video games, for a franchise that was your best seller two years in a row, i just don't get it.

I'm blaming Geekdom.

Ionliosite said:
Dragomer said:
did the one piece people bribe them to stop it because it was monkey more money than it ?
>Making more money than One Piece
Ha, good one.
Pretty sure i saw DBS made more money than One Piece, not sure about Gundam anymore but i saw it for one piece at least.

I swear if their plan is to push DBH as a replacement or something, that's the dumbest business plan EVER.

What we know for now is that there is a new movie in production and the villain sounds a lot like Moro taking into account what the head of TOEI said.

ArgosaxDespair said:
What we know for now is that there is a new movie in production and the villain sounds a lot like Moro taking into account what the head of TOEI said.
If it's true, i hope the movie is better than the manga.

Ionliosite said:
>Making more money than One Piece

Ha, good one.
I was sure this was common knowledge that DB was already more than twice of One Piece and only a little behind Gundam in 2017. It has been faaaar ahead of Gundam, OP and literally everything else since 2018, even after it stopped airing. Making more money than Gundam and One Piece combined and roughly 4-5x of OP.

DcxK4yPVAAA603G
AjID1sl
D6HJl91X4AAYmqH
APnu6ii
K72XZBk

Legends and Dokkan are always within the top 3 of most profitable mobile games in most countries, It's crazy how DB is still this successful

AKM sama said:
Zamasu Chan said:
Can't believe they are making more of this but not the actual show.
Same, it's the weridest business plan i'v ever seen but i shouldn't be surprised after they didn't capitalise more on concepts like reincarnated as Yamcha, which was surprisingly good.

That and DB never capitalised on crossovers outside of Dr Slump when there are so many possibilities.

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
I literally haven't heard much at all about that Yamcha Manga. What ever happened to it?
It was finished, it was pretty cool and i never heard about any other project like that.

Dragomer said:
AKM sama said:
Zamasu Chan said:
Can't believe they are making more of this but not the actual show.
Same, it's the weridest business plan i'v ever seen but i shouldn't be surprised after they didn't capitalise more on concepts like reincarnated as Yamcha, which was surprisingly good.
It's just a glorified advert for the game. It's weird that they're going to the effort of making it a full series, but it's not like they're banking on it.

(Coincidentally the reincarnated guy is actually in Heroes, though unfortunately I believe he's identical to the regular Yamcha)

Zamasu Chan said:
Maybe because they're working on the movie?
Maybe but they're doing no teasing, no advertising, no 'here's our plan', no nudge at the fanbase, nothing, even if they are focusing on a movie, they aren't preparing the public for it in a way that would maximise it's success.

Unless they're planning to release it in like 3 years and if that's the case, leaving us with so little while working just on a movie for so long isn't a good idea IMO.

The funniest part is that Toei isn't getting a cent from the Heroes anime. It's honestly a nice chance of pace to see Toei not thinking on their wallets all the time and doing a DB series for the sake spreading the brand rather than instant money.

Out of curiosity, Zeno doesnt exist in the DBH continuity? Because of what I read about Mechikabura in the omnipresence thread, he was begging to be Zeno'd.

PaChi2 said:
Out of curiosity, Zeno doesnt exist in the DBH continuity? Because of what I read about Mechikabura in the omnipresence thread, he was begging to be Zeno'd.
He exist, the whole Universal Seed plot was basicaly 'we need to stop that Hearst dumbass before he actualy try to go at Zeno and get us all killed'

No idea how the Mechikabura's plot could be taking place at the same time, let alone without getting Zeno'd.

Yeah, yeah. I saw thr Universe Seed thing.

It just stroke me as weird that someone could absorb timelines without Zeno saying "bruh".

Which rises the question: shouldnt Mechikabura have absorbed copies of Zeno if he absorbed timelines in their enterity? Hmmm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back