• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
SomebodyData said:
@Hri ye, thats why its considered EE.
it means if someone resists hakai that means if another character point their fingers toward them or snap their finger to use body destruction or soul destruction hax in the same manner he should be able to resist them too?

SomebodyData said:
Do I have to bring up Monster Rabbit working on stronger opponents?
Or literally every case of Mafuba? Frieza resisting EE? Cell's / Majin Buu's Absorption? etc
That's absolutely not the point we are trying to make. Yes there are non scalable abilities in Dragon Ball, Guildo's time freeze, Buu's transmutation (to a degree, he can change their form but not their power or their ability to remain aware), Sealing with the Mafuba. That's not the point. We are talking about abilities that have EXPLICITLY been resisted via AP. Hit's Time Skip is an example where both Goku and Jiren resisted it with their power alone. Exisitence Erasure was resisted via power on literally three occasions, Vegito resisted Buu's Absorption with his power. Logically any person who is stronger than the person that resist with their own power should have that resistance.

In regards to the big CRTs, I don't know the postgame or side content (Not looking to get spoiled too much after all) but the Dragon Ball multiverse could end up being 2-B, with likely numerous threads of people arguing for various games and films to be considered canonised, or at least some aspects of said games and films.

I'm eager to see if the skills and statements in the game could have implications for smaller things in canon like hax, resistances, speed and so on.

Ryukama said:
Hakai has never once been stated or shown to work on stronger opponents, and every time it's been tried against a stronger opponent it failed. On top of the fact that people with Hakai are still helpless servants to those who are stronger than them. The only reason people assume it works on stronger people is the site's standards on hax, which is to act as if Dragon Ball canon cares about what a foreign fan wiki's guidelines are. Whether that's deemed a resistance for everyone or a weakness to the attack I'm indifferent, but I'm tired of some people acting like Toppo could Hakai Grand Priest.

EDIT: This isn't in response to anyone in particular I'm just expressing my thoughts on the topic since it was kinda brought up.
No this.

Hmm so BoZ Goku is still roughly on par with EoDB Piccolo from what I'm getting in the image training at the beginning of the game.

Actually before I continue, how are we on spoilers?

SomebodyData said:
Hmm so BoZ Goku is still roughly on par with EoDB Piccolo from what I'm getting in the image training at the beginning of the game.

We don't have many spoilers about the game yet

Well, I meant like are we okay with spoilers on this thread.

Because I've already found out about some of the post-game, specifically a certain character. Just don't want to ruin it for any one.

HrishikeshM said:
because this site is hellbent on treating every verse with the same set of inapplicable rules......like saying 3-a and low 2-c are different when in many verses they are the same

glad that obd does not follow this shitty stuff and give soul destruction resistance to everyone who scale
Thank you This whole 3-A/ Low 2-c shit is redundant

Question, is Jump Force canon? I mean the main antagonist in that game Prometheus was designed by Akira Toriyama himself, and the entirety of Dragon Ball Multiverse is one of the Jump Worlds.

SomebodyData said:

Well I guess this makes 5-C DB characters legit!

What happened to that thread about downgrading early DBZ to moon level?

I mean...ByAsura also had a point in that thread tho

Shouldn't the U7 Spirit Bomb be Baseline Low 2-C?

Since Jiren was considered the strongest of that time by just holding it back and blinking it away?

WTF? So if that's denied why do we consider him Low 2-C if many of the statements that give him said rating were from that feat

AwkguyDB said:
WTF? So if that's denied why do we consider him Low 2-C if many of the statements that give him said rating were from that feat
Jiren is Low 2-C from powerscaling from the Gods of Destruction. THe U7 Spirit Bomb wasn't a factor in his Low 2-C justification

He's low 2-C cuz he made Jiren flex a little.

Frieza got a low 2-C just for being a punching bag for Broly, Goku's isn't a reach in comprasion.

Okay since it's those two, the likelyhood of it being canon is way higher than i though since they were made by Toriyama and was noted to be fond of them way back in DBO.

Well, well, so Toriyama finally used those two on one of his works again, I believed Online would be the last time he would be involved with them.

Ionliosite said:
Well, well, so Toriyama finally used those two on one of his works again, I believed Online would be the last time he would be involved with them.
Technicaly, the last time he got involved with them was to say they were married and had Baby Fuu, i wonder what he think of Xenovers and DBH retconning their marriage and making Fuu into just another experiment who can't be said to have any link to Mira.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back