• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight spoiler...

But in the story "codex" that basically summarizes the story of DBZ, there are little extra notes you can click on that reveal extra lore tidbits.

This is one of them.

Source I got this from also claims the synopsis for Dragon Ball-era stuff legitimizes Roshi's moonbust in comparison. Piccolo's moon feat? LOL IT WAS AN ILLUSION.

Roshi's, which we consider an outlier? 100% LEGITIMATE

Technicaly, the last time he got involved with them was to say they were married and had Baby Fuu

I mean, Baby Fuu was on the guide for Online but was never actually added into the game, so that's technically still Online.

https://twitter.com/EmperorBigD/status/1218147567353180160

Didn't Toriyama only got involved in some part of the backstory that was not in the manga? That doesn't make the whole game canon and neither the stuff that directly contradicts the manga.

I mean even for a game to say Piccolo's was just an illusion is pretty stupid lol...I don't know what the writers involved in the story were going for with that.

And yes, Roshi legit destroys the moon in canon. Only the power scaling and debating community treats it as outlier but it doesn't change what happened in the manga.

AKM sama said:
Didn't Toriyama only got involved in some part of the backstory that was not in the manga? That doesn't make the whole game canon and neither the stuff that directly contradicts the manga.
So things like Goku vs Piccolo in image training would be canon?

AT's level of involvement doesn't matter, just his approval of the material itself. If he says Kakarot is canon, it's canon. Just as him claiming Xenoverse is canon would make it canon.

We can never truly know his level of involvement in anything, such as Super, Toyo's manga, BoG, RoF or Broly. But we approve of them as canonical due to Toriyama approving of them.

So, it really depends on whether or not he agrees with DBZ Kakarot. Not if he did anything beyond writing the character interactions and backstories.

This is just my perspective on canon, though.

People are over reacting to what the codex say, it refer to when Piccolo tried to blow up the holographic moon in that one filler episode, i don't know if it's in the japanese version but it was probably added by a translator who missunderstood which scene it was talking about.

Also the english version changed a few dialogue apparently so we'll have to look out for that.

As for the 'canon' thing, it's extremly likely TBH, Toriyama was involved, liked the project according to the team, made characters and backstory for it (to an unknown extent obviously) and Towa and Mira are his characters to begin with, if it had been like one of the guys made for DBH without Toriyama, i would have probably went with 'not canon' but here ? everything fit TBH.

Also I think the scaling for the entire verse would be changed a little because of Kakarot.

AwkguyDB said:
Shouldn't the U7 Spirit Bomb be Baseline Low 2-C?

Since Jiren was considered the strongest of that time by just holding it back and blinking it away?
No. Jiren is not stronger than Merged Zamasu in 109/110, nor is the U7 Genki Dama.

AKM sama said:
Exactly. There were some additions to the story that he was involved in, but I see no reason to take EVERYTHING seriously with respect to canon. We don't know that he actually did much for that, nor should we respect all of these contradictions of the manga with an only arbitrary at best amount of involvement from AT.

I'm going to post a few things from the game that I don't recall seeing before.

Saiyan tails
  • Saiyan tails only have an 8% chance of growing back, and will never grow back if the Saiyan 'surpasses' their Great Ape transformation. I'm assuming it refers to going Super Saiyan?

Frieza recovery
  • Gohan claims that Frieza is recovering from fighting Piccolo, after transforming into his 3rd form. This is more evidence for Frieza's transformative Regenerationn, but I find it interesting that Gohan seems to refer to it, as if it happens as he speaks in the fight.

Frieza boiling
  • This might just be the lighting, but it seems almost as if Krillin is being boiled internally by Frieza, before he explodes.

Death Beam
  • Frieza's Death Beams are invisible to the naked eye.

Sorry if these were already known. I haven't heard of these scenes or details outside of Kakarot, so I figured I'd post them.

In this video when Nappa n Vegeta arrive to earth you can still see the moon https://youtu.be/rtCbUZpXLSY People just don't want this game to be canon cus piccolo feat only thing that makes them 5-C or higher till Frieza. They would only scale to 6-B scaling from 23rd Budokai and have relativistic speed. This makes sense. I don't think AT intended for his characters to be able to destroy a moon with little to no effort in the early stages of DBZ.

It's Xenoverse RNG canonized.

Also this game gave us a fight between non injured SS2 Teen Gohan and Super Perfect Cell.

They're even it seems.

I'd guess that would scale it as:

(Mental release) SS2 Gohan > Super Perfect Cell = SS2 Gohan (Mental block) >> 50% SS2 Gohan > SS Gohan

Somewhat like that.

Apparently Goku was giving Gohan power in the KameHameHa duel, on the other hand it's stated that SPC was giving his all to overpower Half Power Gohan.

Can somebody please make a new thread now? It's already over 427 comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back