• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, if FPSSJ is Shintani exclusive, wouldn't that mean manga Broly would have never had the transformation?

I would argue anime, since the manga probably is just doing the same thing it did with RoF (Where it references the events but they're not necessarily the exact same)

Hmm, if they were going to add things that weren't originally apart of Toriyama's script, I wonder why they didn't include the SSBKK and SSBE techniques/forms.

Too many transformations? Perhaps they didn't have enough time considering what they had to cut out.

Broly will probably have it in the manga. Vegetto wasn't a Toriyama idea either, but he appeared in both the anime and the manga.

Akira Toriyama: "I've heard Broly is very popular. I'm bringing him back."

Also Akira Toriyama: "Haha gotcha! I'm not giving him the form that made him popular."

Can't find the thread at the moment, but basically since it never happened and would contradict that saiyans can't survive in space, it was rejected.

AKM sama said:
Can't find the thread at the moment, but basically since it never happened and would contradict that saiyans can't survive in space, it was rejected.
But it never happened because of run time, not because anyone though the characters couldn't do it.

Also saiyans can't breath in space but fighting at that speed, they wouldn't need to for just a fight scene.

I feel like the whole, "Saiyans can't fight in space" is a thing that isn't taken too seriously.

Like, I remember an episode where Goku is sent flying off Whis in the middle of space - and he is screaming just fine.

I really don't think anyone actually thinks about it to keep a sense of consistency.

Warren Valion said:
I feel like the whole, "Saiyans can't fight in space" is a thing that isn't taken too seriously.
Like, I remember an episode where Goku is sent flying off Whis in the middle of space - and he is screaming just fine.

I really don't think anyone actually thinks about it to keep a sense of consistency.
It was always inconsistent IMO, it's simply not a hard rule they follow and more something they pop up once in a while when convinient and ignoring it when it's not.

Saiyans can't breath in space. That's the entire reason why Frieza technically won in RoF. He can survive space just fine but Vegeta will die quickly and the others would have died if not for Whis and Beerus.

I think them developing some sort of technique or method to survive in space (via their aura or a shield) would make sense but they obviously didn't have it after a year of training with Whis. If they have such a capability it would have to be something learned after RoF but before Broly.

I remember an episode where Vegeta got out of his pod in space and destroy an entire planet, but I think it was a filler arc to show what Vegata and Nappa was going through to get to Earth

You know, Majin Buu was pretty fodder. I'm not saying he's weak, it's just he was outclassed a lot of times.

Ssj3 Goku vs Fat Buu, no contest.

Ssj3 Gotenks vs Super Buu, Buu almost died.

Mystic Gohan vs Super Buu, complete annihilation.

Vegito vs Super Buu, Buu literally had a tantrum.

Goku vs Kid Buu, Goku stated he could have destroyed Kid Buu but he ran out of stamina. So this one is close.

Yes, the same with Cell tbf.

Piccolo overpowered him during his introduction.

A-16 stalemated him.

Vegeta toyed with him.

Trunks was going all-out to kill him.

Gohan curbstomped him and after that defeated him with half of how strength.

Freezer funny enough didn't need other people to power up, he just had all that power by himself

I wonder what'll happen between Morro and Majin Buu in the future. I also home he has a ton of hax. Morro seems like he has potential as a pretty compelling villain.

Yeah, that guy is by far one of the most intimidating villains. Scaring the s**t out of Goku is something that no one has ever achieved.

I feel like Cell was more intimidating than Frieza. Don't get me wrong, Frieza got that cruel streak that makes anyone sane runs for the hill. This story defintely highlights that https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13131654/1/Dragon-Ball-R

But Cell now, Cell was intimidating because he was arguably the Z-Warrior's most difficult opponent and not just because he was strong but also because he was strategic (a rare trait for a Dragon Ball villain). During his Imperfection form, Cell himself wasn't particularly strong, especially compared to Super Namek Piccolo, so his strategy is basically to go from city to city absorbing the inhabitants one by one to increase his power level. Every time they let Cell slip away at least a thousand or more people would be absorbed. It was unlike any main Dragonball villain up to that point (with the exception of Pilaf) to utilize sneaky tactics like this instead of a more direct, head on approach. He is actively stalking his prey and takes his time enjoying killing every person he comes in contact with.

He' s also just ******* creepy, with his primary attack sucking the life out of people, literally. It is such a chilling way to kill someone, and the sounds the anime adds are absolutely horrifying. Also for added effect, when he powers up, the souls of those he has absorbed radiate from him. He feels like a horror movie monster in a Shonen battle manga.

He has the cells of all the Z-Warriors and their enemies (most predominantly Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Freeza) which he can use to his advantage both in fighting abilities and psychologically. He even not only made Goku give up (something that Goku would never do) but is the only villain to successfully kill him.

To be blunt. I think Cell became the worst villain when he became Perfect. His entire character is only 'good' because his voice actors are gods. Imperfect was a CHAD OF EPIC PROPORTION though.

CryoTheMayo said:
To be blunt. I think Cell became the worst villain when he became Perfect. His entire character is only 'good' because his voice actors are gods. Imperfect was a CHAD OF EPIC PROPORTION though.
I think Semi-Perfect Cell was the worse.

Any news on GP Goku ?

It seems to be CC Goku who defeated Kanbe when he went MUI after the whole prison planet explosion.

Manga leaks are coming out. I don't know whether or not it's fine to discuss spoilers in here so I'll just say Moro has some pretty strong hax and scales much higher than he did before (which should be obvious).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back