• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 53: when everything is cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the OBD, people actually calculate the power of a Black Hole and the durability required to survive inside one.

We really need to stop the "Black Holes are impossible to survive inside and require infinite durability to do so!" nonsense that goes on here. This was really only ever done to dismiss the plethora of Black Hole feats in american comics as all being outliers.

I'm saying this because the Pretty Black Hole is shockingly realistic. It is described as a great pressure focused on a single point to crease a mass of gravity, and being a cage from which not even light can escape. And it is also said that it would shatter the Earth and sink.

Also the Goku vs Jiren black hole was also very realistically depicted, rather than being shown as a nonsense vortex or whatnot. Also with the scene having no sound.

@Matt for future reference... What is the Durability required to survive a Black hole? One stellar in size and supermassive.

Or is there no difference?

@Matt I agree. Also if a black hole in story is stated to be able to destroy a planet, star, etc. I think we can at bare minimum scale them to that. However I've only brought up how the supposed black hole in OPM clearly doesn't act at all like a real one, or at least wouldn't be a very impressive one at all.

You have to calculate the Black Hole's Schwarzschild radius to obtain its mass, then apply E=MC┬▓ and you'll get the energies of the black hole which you would have to endure to survive inside.

Was there ever a black hole in OPM? All I recall is the alien comparing his Gravity manipulation to one. Which is obviously not near the case.

OPM is just gravity crushing this one in DBS ironically acts and describes similarly to one though ofc KAMEHAMEHA (father and son did at the same time lel)

Aizenishere said:
@Matt for future reference... What is the Durability required to survive a Black hole? One stellar in size and supermassive.
Or is there no difference?
It depends how close you are to the singularity. At the singularity, it really does require infinite durability. But you can still be inside a black hole and not be at the singularity, in which case, the needed durability is finite.

And believe it or not, it takes more durability to survive smaller black holes as the tidal forces are greater. A human can survive crossing the event horizon of a supermassive black hole as tital forces are negligable.

Hopefully this doesn't spark up the "Dragon Ball Super characters aren't faster than light debate" again. Then again the fact that Base Goku 17 and 18 couldn't get out of it is weird. Are they not FTL?

SuperDragoon978 said:
Hopefully this doesn't spark up the "Dragon Ball Super characters aren't faster than light debate" again. Then again the fact that Base Goku 17 and 18 couldn't get out of it is weird. Are they not FTL?
Goku's Kamehameha escaped it, which means his attack speed is undoubtably FTL.

And you forget, flying is nullified in the ToP. It doesn't matter if they are FTL. They would still need to use their flying ability to get out of it.

That means gravity manipulation would be OP in the ToP because if you manipulate gravity (which is what this was), you basically can control people's position in space.

MeleeniumRXJ said:
It depends how close you are to the singularity. At the singularity, it really does require infinite durability. But you can still be inside a black hole and not be at the singularity, in which case, the needed durability is finite.

And believe it or not, it takes more durability to survive smaller black holes as the tidal forces are greater. A human can survive crossing the event horizon of a supermassive black hole as tital forces are negligable.

There is a difference between infinite density and infinite energy. And like, every single Black Hole calc I've seen goes against what you're saying.

Black Holes are created through mass-energy, which can be obtained by calculating the Black Hole's mass through its Schwarzschild radius. The larger the black hole, the larger the mass and therefore the equivalent mass-energy. When a Black Hole collapses or is destroyed, it will be releasing said levels of energies.

Of course, this is for characters who survive black hole collapses.

We need to get Darkanine here.

Ezeriot said:
Why would anyone accept that as a black hole? And even if it was it wasn't that big.
It was stated to be a black hole and its description is pretty accurate to a black hole.

It's a black hole.

Matthew Schroeder said:
There is a difference between infinite density and infinite energy. And like, every single Black Hole calc I've seen goes against what you're saying.
Pretty sure tidal forces are actually infinite at the singularity. That is the destructive force any character would have to resist in proximity of a black hole.

This would still not give most characters who have survived black holes, infinite durability as they probably weren't at the singularity. There's no reason to believe Goku was, so I'm not proposing he should have High 3-A durability in base form or above.

Thanos survived the collapse of a super-massive blackhole 2 light-years in diameter. That got calced at high-end 4-A.

Matthew Schroeder said:
2 light-years in diameter.
Lol who the hell calced that? It wasn't 2 light years in diameter. It's gravitational pull pulled in everything within 2 light year distances. In other words something a much smaller black hole is capable of, making Thanos's black hole weaker than a normal.

Not like this is a black hole either.

Finally had time to get back into DBS, and everything is just going to hell in a handbasket. R.I.P Hit, oh and the billions of billions of unnamed inhabitats within it.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You have to calculate the Black Hole's Schwarzschild radius to obtain its mass, then apply E=MC┬▓ and you'll get the energies of the black hole which you would have to endure to survive inside.
That is not how it works. If this were the case, you wouldn't have real scientists saying it's possible for a human to stay alive for a limited time in a supermassive black hole.

http://jila.colorado.edu/~ajsh/insidebh/schw.html

"In a supermassive black hole like this one, you can fall deep inside the horizon before you are torn apart"

Meaning, there is a period of time where you are in fact inside a supermassive black hole, and are perfectly fine. Calculating the durability of a black hole feat has nothing to do with mass-energy, unless, like you said, the black hole is collapsing/blowing up/being converted into pure energy.

"In a supermassive black hole like this one, you can fall deep inside the horizon before you are torn apart"
They obviously mean a black hole appearing in the horizon and you flying to it feet first. Humans can't survive inside a black hole, it's countless times the Earth's gravity.

@Ezeriot

Don't you enter free fall for a period though? Which is why you get to live for a short period before being torn apart by anything and everything trying to escape

I have too much doubt that they're going to just permanently get rid of such popular and marketable characters like Caulifla, Kale and Hit. I think they're going to come back, most likely from using the Super Dragon Ball wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back