• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume this is what the transformation for Goku is like

Base is Base

Super Saiyan is actually Super Saiyan God. Meaning Goku has absorbed Super Saiyan God in his SSJ form. Not base

Super Saiyan Blue- Super Saiyan Blue is equivalent to Super Saiyan 2.

Basically, Super Saiyan Blue is a replacement for SSJ2, and Super Saiyan God doesn't exist anymore

This is just a theory, but it makes sense to me

The Living Tribunal1 said:
you do know that heat is liely strongest in the other team and gohan isnt even at chou levels
heat wud WRECK gohan

also, that theory was prolly put forth by geekdom or some other dbz youtuber, and they are not clear about vs related stuff (but good in dbz otherwise)
Vados said that frost is the strongest in universe 6 in chap 9, so hit is weaker.

Faisal Shourov said:
I assume this is what the transformation for Goku is like
Base is Base

Super Saiyan is actually Super Saiyan God. Meaning Goku has absorbed Super Saiyan God in his SSJ form. Not base

Super Saiyan Blue- Super Saiyan Blue is equivalent to Super Saiyan 2.

Basically, Super Saiyan Blue is a replacement for SSJ2, and Super Saiyan God doesn't exist anymore

This is just a theory, but it makes sense to me
false

ssjg is an unstable version of god ki

when god kiis absorbed and trained, the base is called saiyan beyond god, which is similar to ssjg in power

ssjgss is essentaially a god ki base going ssj

ssb is a replacement for ssj itself

yama himself said he wont be using ssj2 or ssj3 from now on

^There is no canon term named Saiyan Beyond God, it's taken from a non-canon game. I don't remember any statement that Goku absorbed God ki in base. Is there?

Also, if goku can turn into Super Saiyan, that should mean SSB is not replacement for Super Saiyan

Faisal Shourov said:
^There is no canon term named Saiyan Beyond God, it's taken from a non-canon game. I don't remember any statement that Goku absorbed God ki in base. Is there?
Also, if goku can turn into Super Saiyan, that should mean SSB is not replacement for Super Saiyan
when did he turn ssj?

in a recent french sub manuscipt of the manga, it was stated that he went ssjgss

also, ssjg was not meant to be a replacement, instead it is just a phase, goku cannot go ssjg as of now

also, it was indeed stated that goku did take in the god power into himself (when he went ssj against beerus near the end of the fight)

As I said, what I'm saying is not fact, since this is about future events. Episode 33 title says Goku turned Super Saiyan. Not Super Saiyan God

I know Goku absorbed God ki, but Im saying there's no proof he absorbed it in base. Also saiyan beyond god doesn't exist in canon, it's a strict video game term

did goku truly turned ssgss(blue) fighting frost? it looks like a regular ss transformation to me

have a look at the hair colour from ssb here

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/16093/007.0/compressed/g012.jpg

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/16093/007.0/compressed/g013.jpg

and during the fight with frost

http://i.imgur.com/puawFsa.jpg

it resembles the regular ssj transformation

---

paired with the "god ki absorbed while being a ssj" this seems to be the most reasonable.

also: hit is the strongest in my opinion. not frost. he got focus from goku in the current chapter

anyone in with me on the "hit is #1" train?

i suppose goku will fight through to him and then him, piccolo, vegeta will lose

monaka maybe saving the day - starting the new arc (if any)

highly speculative and wishful thinking tho

it does look like ssj, but the manuscript clearly said it wasnt a normal ssj
we will have to wait for the anime to find out
Doesn't look that different to me though (if you have seen the image above)

RavenSupreme said:
i suppose goku will fight through to him and then him, piccolo, vegeta will lose

SPOILER ALERT below

Goku is most likely going to lose against Frost, since Piccolo will fight Frost in Ep 34.

Hit might be the strongest, however I don't want to jump bandwagon since Toriyama is highly unpredictable.

i have seen the image above, but the translation contradicts that for some reason (and yes, the translation has the people saying specifically that it is not a normal super saiyan)

Faisal Shourov said:
RavenSupreme said:

SPOILER ALERT below
Goku is most likely going to lose against Frost, since Piccolo will fight Frost in Ep 34.

Hit might be the strongest, however I don't want to jump bandwagon since Toriyama is highly unpredictable.
oh thanks for that. there goes my theory lol

i have seen the image above, but the translation contradicts that for some reason (and yes, the translation has the people saying specifically that it is not a normal super saiyan)
Its really unknown whether or not goku went ssj or ssb it was stated it wasnt a normal ssj but vados could have meant in reference to what she knows of ssj from universe 6.We wil just have to wait and see what happens in the anime.

SSJ Goku looks different in that scan, his hair is larger and more detailed. It might be just a different artstyle compared to Akira Toriyama or it is a different form.

Lol imagine if right after the tournament arc the new villain shows up and has the power to wipe out the entire multiverse (space time included) and as a plot twist he actually does.

Darkinx said:
RavenSupreme said:
can i see the translation where vados said frost is the strongest?
Soul01 posted it in this page. Scroll
yeha. "Vados : Obviously, they're the strongest of our universe.

which to me just indicates the team they have chosen are the strongest in their universe, not frost by himself, since vados used the plural form

this also is the same as this panel

http://i.imgur.com/GpP93HO.jpg

where its also "the strongest in our universe" - but speaking in plural form

i am certain vados speaks of the team itself. not the individual, frost

Vados didnt say frost was the strongest she meant collectively as in the whole team is the strongest from their universe

well, apparently, according to geekdom's video, the manga chapter cover has blue haired goku and vegeta

so the only way to know is to wait for a few weeks

Yea we will have to wait and see.These fights seem like they are going by way too quick.From what i can guess half next episode will probably be them getting to the tournament and the other half might be goku vs botama or they will just end the episode right as that is about to start and which case goku will beat botamo maybe half way through episode 33 and will start fighting frost through that episode and then lose in episode 34 most likely half way through the episode and then its frost vs piccolo.At this pace it wont be long until the tournament is over as these fights only take up an episode at most.I think there is definetly more to this tournament either its gonna be interrupted or something happens afterwards.

paced out stuff with content would be better
like a 150 or 180 episode series (ideally up to 200)
200 episodes dont know for this current arc cant see it being longer than 100 episodes no maybe 50.They would definetly have to explore the other universes for it to be that long.We will see.

97 Episodes or so (Same as Kai) is a good number in my opinion.

I actually wished certain bits were better paced.

Also, from my understanding, Goku going SSJ 1 is still perfectly possible. Toriyama gave an interview that said that after Goku acquired God Ki in the end of BoG, he completely mastered, or would begin to completely master the Super Saiyan transformation, essentially making SSJ1 as powerful as 3 but less energy consuming.

Gonna try to find it.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/

Got it.

"Goku endlessly keeps getting stronger, with Super Saiyan 3 in the manga and Super Saiyan 4 in the anime; does Super Saiyan keep getting limitlessly stronger too? Might we eventually see things such as a Super Saiyan 5…?!"

"Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won't become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more."

Matthew Schroeder said:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/saikyo-jump-june-2014-issue-twel-buu-mysteries/Got it.
"Goku endlessly keeps getting stronger, with Super Saiyan 3 in the manga and Super Saiyan 4 in the anime; does Super Saiyan keep getting limitlessly stronger too? Might we eventually see things such as a Super Saiyan 5…?!"

"Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered-up variations of Super Saiyan. After the fight with Beerus, Goku realized that mastering his normal state and Super Saiyan would raise his level more and sap less strength, so I think he probably won't become Super Saiyan 2 or 3 any more."
old news

Yea old news and when he said he wont use super sayain 2 or 3 anymore i think he means goku using ssb instead.Why would he use ssj 2 or 3 when ssb is so much more powerful.

well the actual translation is out on **********, vados/champa merely say hes no ordinary saiyan, not that hes no ordinary super saiyan, so these next few DBS episodes will be interesting.

i saw a manga cover on geekdom's vid and apparently they are blue haired, so only the anime can answer our quesstion on this topic

Also, I don't think it's right to remove the MFTL rating on the Cell and Buu sagas, iirc SSJ Goku and Final Form Freezer were like x15 FTL... and you only need to be roughly 6.6 times more powerful than them to be MFTL, and considering that Cell and Buu sagas can one-shot that Freezer (in SSJ for Cell saga, and in base for Buu saga, as they are stronger than the Kaio-shin that can one-shot Freezer, and Freezer was born in his "Final" Form, so he must be referring to that one), they should reach MFTL between the Cell and Buu sagas.

Alexcar3000 said:
Also, I don't think it's right to remove the MFTL rating on the Cell and Buu sagas, iirc SSJ Goku and Final Form Freezer were like x15 FTL... and you only need to be roughly 6.6 times more powerful than them to be MFTL, and considering that Cell and Buu sagas can one-shot that Freezer (in SSJ for Cell saga, and in base for Buu saga, as they are stronger than the Kaio-shin that can one-shot Freezer, and Freezer was born in his "Final" Form, so he must be referring to that one), they should reach MFTL between the Cell and Buu sagas.
Make a thread about it

Alexcar3000 said:
We dont bump speed based on multiplier, rather feats or statements

i feel real greedy now

at first i wanted tier 3 beerus, now I am hoping for a tier 2 god tier ...

but im sure my hoping will stop at tier 2 =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back