• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp. Diverging paths for how Jiren got so strong could include but are not limited to

- Secretly trained by his universe's GoD and Angel for much much longer than either Goku or Vegeta have

- Belmod is secretly siphoning energy into Jiren so his universe doesn't lose

- Is part of a grand plan by the Grand Priest to destroy all other universes and Zen'o

- And last and definitely what it shouldn't be, he's just stupidly strong.

I'm not sure how likely that theory is, but I'd love the twist that U11 is cheating and Jiren's been borrowing energy from Belmod.

It would kind of ruin Jiren if he is receiving power from his GoD IMO. It would be an awesome plot twist but it would be better if they go about it another way.

It'd do the exact opposite of ruin Jiren. It's add some sort of aspect to his character that isn't "he's super, duper strong".

Besides, I have some skepticism on if Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren are really at the level of GoDs. Wasn't it one of the rules in the tournament that a being with power that rivalled a god couldn't enter, or is that just my memory being crap?

I am content with this fight because they didn't do the BS of having hit do an attack that would sacrifice himself to hurt Jiren badly. Jiren beat him soundly but it makes sense that Hit was one of the enemies that Jiren had to beat because hit is one of the few characters with actual hax here.

Also, since when could characters just heal each other by giving energy? Why don't they do this more?

@JaMa. Roughly around the Frieza Saga, it was used once but then widely forgotten, it was when Goku gave some of his ki to Frieza to let him live, then Frieza then tried to kill him. So...Yeah.

That was disappointing tbh i can't believe they utterly BTFO Hit like that to hype up jiren, and jiren is super cocky holy shit =___=

Anyway Hit is around SSBKKx20 or bit weaker considering he couldn't block that one attack where Jiren hit too fast, his trump card were great but too bad he ****** up

Goku have way more raw power while Hit could keep up with hax

LOL that would be for everyone i the tournament battle ground, jiren would be a sufficient warm-up for the angels if he gone full-power.

ProspectX said:
LOL that would be for everyone i the tournament battle ground, jiren would be a sufficient warm-up for the angels if he gone full-power.
Stop with the BS Jiren stomp Grand priest ~

Is anyone starting to feel like Jiren is becoming very unlikable? I know people considered him bland before, but I mean legitimately unlikable! That whole cockiness he displayed at the end of 111 where he felt like he didn't have to fight anymore, left a bad taste in my mouth. Like does he not realize that his team only has 3 fighters left and is technically in dead last place? The logical thing to do would be to just solo the remaining opponents and just win the whole damn thing right away. But noooooooooooo!

^It's because of plot, any one with some barin cells should just wipe out the rest of the fodders and grant his team victory but NO! i will just sit here and act cocky until Goku gain his UI again lol

What if there some OP fighter that still hide his power ? you are not the only who save his strength, da **** 0_0 ?

Remember that BS of Jiren having to "spare his stamina"? Why did he need to if he could fodderize everyone so effortlessly?

So according to Jiren himself and the feats,

Jiren>= UI Goku >>> Hit >>>>>everyone else

Well at least Hit got a new hax aka time lock.

Vegan Gains said:
Did anyone else catch that re-used scene ?, also, at least Hit didn't go out like a bitch.
That's exactly how he went out lmfao just like Kale (though she didn't get knocked out)

Also Jiren isn't cocky, what he stated was the truth. Goku doesn't have energy nor UI to compete, Hit got trashed who was the second strongest person on the field, and putting plot aside, Jiren could honestly one-shot everybody in the tournament right now, and U11 gets every universe erased no-diff.

I'm hoping that Goku doesn't beat Jiren, that they both just end in a tie, making U11 and U7 the final victors, then a plot twist comes.

Ryukama said:
Remember that BS of Jiren having to "spare his stamina"? Why did he need to if he could fodderize everyone so effortlessly?

Well that I could understand early on, because he didn't know what he could be up against. But now, he knows he's the top dog.

so no one going to talk about the "jiren's power surpasses time" thing?

so is that gonna get him to 4D level or no?

Jiren resisting time stop doesn't mean he is 4-D. You guys take those metaphors to seriously. Even Goku resisted time skip of Hit's and much before Jiren did.

"Time lock" had a another effect than time-skip, jiren broke through easly what Goku presumably would have trouble with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back