• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grudgeman1706 said:
If really like to hear what you have to say about this pls. I know it isn't.
It's because Base Vegeta casually killed Ginyu Tagoma, who powered up considerably after before and was compared to Ultimate Gohan by Gohan himself and SS3 Gotenks attacks were completely useless (Also said that he is much much much more powerful than SS3 Gotenks) to Base Copy Vegeta, who was compared to Base Vegeta at the time.

Multipliers and power levels were only mentioned in the first two arcs, then in the next two arcs and super they were never brought again.

Dark649 said:
Grudgeman1706 said:
If really like to hear what you have to say about this pls. I know it isn't.
It's because Base Vegeta casually killed Ginyu Tagoma, who powered up considerably after before and was compared to Ultimate Gohan by Gohan himself and SS3 Gotenks attacks were completely useless (Also said that he is much much much more powerful than SS3 Gotenks) to Base Copy Vegeta, who was compared to Base Vegeta at the time.
Tired SSJ Gohan who was believed back then to be Ultimate Gohan Level destroyed him... And Ultimate Gohan >>>>>> tired SSJ Gohan.

FTW395 said:
Aight ma boy master roshi becoming 3-B?
Or 3-A since Base Ganos fought and gave pressure to Base Goku, who seems to be always distracted and takes attacks from nearly everyone, then Transformed Ganos became more powerful and said he was quickly getting stronger, but Roshi oneshotted him.

Does the current god hierarchy remind anyone of Lovecraft a little bit? The fact that Zeno is this amoral and wrathful god, and the Grand Priest and many of the Angels are indifferent to lower lifeforms that are beneath them. It feels a little bit like cosmic horror.

Although DB doesn't have anywhere near as many dark, disturbing or deep themes, Zen'ō and Grand Priest do often give me that same impression of "horror derived from cosmic insignificance and the feeling that we're absolutely nothing in the eyes of higher beings" that comes from Lovecraft. What with how they just effortlessly wipe out universes with a smirk and no second thought. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Yeah, it doesn't take it nearly as far as Lovecraft (not yet anyway), but I feel like it's such a stark contrast to DBZ and Dragon Ball. Up until BoG, pretty much all known deities and higher beings were benevolent to some extent, and had a genuine concern over mortal life. And then in BoG and Super, it just flips a switch.

This is not at all a complaint though. I like the dark turn Dragon Ball has taken.

Also the Goku vs Jiren fight is happening much faster than I and I think many other people expected. Maybe that isn't the actual main event and some twist is going to happen in this arc. I hope something like that happens.

Y'all remember Anthony Fremont from The Twilight Zone? I'd like to think he and Zen'ō are exactly the same: two childlike beings seemingly devoid of emotions that only care about their own satisfaction and wield frightening powers

MeleeniumRXJ said:
Does the current god hierarchy remind anyone of Lovecraft a little bit? The fact that Zeno is this amoral and wrathful god, and the Grand Priest and many of the Angels are indifferent to lower lifeforms that are beneath them. It feels a little bit like cosmic horror.
No because I know everyone will just come back anyways.

Doesn't feel like death or horror as much as it feels like they took a trip to Notropolis for a few days or are playing dead in the meantime.

FateAlbane said:
No because I know everyone will just come back anyways.
I'm starting to think that this won't happen anymore. A wish to Super Shenron has to be spoken in the Language of the Gods, so I'm pretty sure any wish that the best fighter requests, will have to be approved by the Grand Priest or Zeno, and the Grand Priest will speak their wish on their behalf if they approve it.

If the best fighter asks for the revival of the universe, I'm pretty sure the Grand Priest will deny them of that request and will ask him or her to choose a different wish.

What do you guys think is coming after the Tournament of Power?

I mean, it's obvious that there are some pretty big developments as it is, the ulterior motives of the Angels, Jiren's potential as the strongest mortal and the secrets surrounding him, Frieza plotting against Goku AND Zen'ō, Goku's new forms, and so on and so forth, but what's next?

Personally, I think we're gonna be getting a rematch between Goku and Beerus soon. SSB Kaioken X10 Goku already managed to surprise Beerus with his raw power, and he's had multiple boosts since then. And of course, it would align with his habit of him surpassing his masters

Also, I think it's already been established that Goku and Beerus don't really see eye to eye. Should U7 survive the tournament, I think Goku and Beerus are gonna be butting heads soon, mostly because of this scene. Say what you want about Beerus' laziness, but he at least is willing to draw the line at wanton destruction. (But seriously, can we talk about that scene? I feel like it was a huge moment for the series and no one wants to talk about it.)

Has Beerus actually displayed outright malice? It seems that there's usually a reason albeit a poor one but still a reason. Like busting the planet that tried to poison him, blowing up the caveman planet after they attacked him, etc And he let earth survive and obviously pulled his punch when he hit Bulma.

I honestly thing Jiren isn't going to be the final threat. Goku will beat him with his new form, and he's injured or whatever. Then comes Frost and Frieza who've literally had 1-2 showings of them neg-diffing fodder opponents.

Then the Black arc part 2 begins. :^)

Most of his rage moments are just slapstick comic relief, but this scene is one of the few times (the other being his confrontation with Zamasu) where Beerus was dead serious, and from the tone of his voice and the intimidating atmosphere around him, we get a glimpse at why he was deemed God of Destruction, which is why I love this moment so much.

There's tension, there's character, there's interpersonal conflict that has been building up, there's a moment where it looks like Toei is actually trying to write an interesting and coherent story that goes beyond "A new strong bad guy appears and now I have to get stronger."

Unite My Rice said:
I honestly thing Jiren isn't going to be the final threat. Goku will beat him with his new form, and he's injured or whatever. Then comes Frost and Frieza who've literally had 1-2 showings of them neg-diffing fodder opponents.
Then the Black arc part 2 begins. :^)

I totally wouldn't mind there being a big reveal of Zamasu still being alive. A part of me is even hoping for this and that, somehow, he is behind Zeno's and Grand Priest's plot of erasing universes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back