• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
Without a timeframe, we'd use the GBE, so it would be Moon level. Actually, we were supposed to downgrade it to that...
The thing that I never understood about that supposed lack of timeframe is that people actually ignore a rampaging Oozaru Gohan that could've turned his attention to Piccolo if the blast took more than a minute. It's mind-blowing, honestly.

If they have a flashback when they see Kale transform to Broly then he becomes canon since Movie 8 was suppose to take place within the 10 day break for the Cell Tournament

It just occured to me, but considering how Toei seems to mostly care about what grabs money, there is an insentive to make Broly canon considering his popularity.

The only way for Broly to be canon is to be mentionned in canon material. For example If Goku or someone else reacts to Kale's transformation by saying "it reminds him of Broly".

Jeune fou said:
The only way for Broly to be canon is to be mentionned in canon material. For example If Goku or someone else reacts to Kale's transformation by saying "it reminds him of Broly".
Considering Goku's intelligence level in super he wouldnt even remember broly but Vegeta may remember

Anyway if no one remember Broly that simply mean Broly never existing for "canon Goku". Toriyama himself stated animated films (except battle of gods and fukkatsu no F) happened in "another dimension" (or a similar statement).

I'd say it would be catastrophic if Broly became canon because that would mean anything that happened in his movies is canon. And there are a lots of things that contradict canon material such as:

- Broly destroying south galaxy but south Kai never mentioned the destruction of his domain in canon material.

- Dragon balls were used in the 2nd movie Broly appeared but that contradicts what happened in canon material:

Goten and Trunks know Videl so that happens a few days before the tenkaichi budokai (and we know it doesn't happen after that because Goku is dead). So if that was canon, and if dragon balls were used then how did they use them a few days after that to revive those who were killed by majin Vegeta?

That would create way too many contradictions to make Broly part of canon material.

Jeune fou said:
Anyway if no one remember Broly that simply mean Broly never existing for "canon Goku". Toriyama himself stated animated films (except battle of gods and fukkatsu no F) happened in "another dimension" (or a similar statement).

I'd say it would be catastrophic if Broly became canon because that would mean anything that happened in his movies is canon. And there are a lots of things that contradict canon material such as:

- Broly destroying south galaxy but south Kai never mentioned the destruction of his domain in canon material.

- Dragon balls were used in the 2nd movie Broly appeared but that contradicts what happened in canon material:

Goten and Trunks know Videl so that happens a few days before the tenkaichi budokai (and we know it doesn't happen after that because Goku is dead). So if that was canon, and if dragon balls were used then how did they use them a few days after that to revive those who were killed by majin Vegeta?

That would create way too many contradictions to make Broly part of canon material.
to counter your agement

1 in canon the south galasy would just be a part of the univeres with many galixeys so broly would have only destroyed one of thos galxlys which would not be worth noteing in the grand of the univeres

2 no remeber denday dragon can grant 3 wishes so even if shenron only used one he would still have 2 wishes left.

Darkmon cns:

About 2nd argument that would still not be possible so to use dragon balls. When only 1 wish could be granted you had to wait 1 year before you could use dragon balls again. But if you use only one wish while you could have 3, then you have to wait 4 months before you can use dragon balls again (12/3). This doesn't come from me: this is canon.

That's why I said it would be impossible to use dragon balls again only a few days after that.

Jeune fou said:
Darkmon cns:

About 2nd argument that would still not be possible so to use dragon balls. When only 1 wish could be granted you had to wait 1 year before you could use dragon balls again. But if you use only one wish while you could have 3, then you have to wait 4 months before you can use dragon balls again (12/3). This doesn't come from me: this is canon.

That's why I said it would be impossible to use dragon balls again only a few days after that.
it could just be that the dragon balls do not turn to stone unless all three wishes are used and waiting the time refiles the used wishes alowing the dragion balls to be used after the movie.

they actually turn to stone. And even if they don't, Shenron still clearly stated they had 3 wishes (if Broly's return was canon then they should only have 2 wishes).

Lol Kale is being hyped so much that she might actually be SSJB Goku level in the tournament.

I mean everyone nowadays can reach the realm of the gods in DBS I mean look at 17.

Vegan Gains said:
Screwattack released their bio for 18 today.
Did they give her a comprehensive overview or just alot of fluff? Like they usually do with DB characters. I gurantee no stone will be left unturned with Captain Marvel.

They said the basics, mechanically enhanced by Gero, how she's a cyborg not android, how her real name is Lazuli,and how she fodderized Vegeta. I really don't care if she loses or not, I just want to know their reason for creating this deathbattle.

Power Girl would have been a better match.

But knowing DB this could go both ways (they are the guys who said Goku could only lift 40 tons in base, while claiming Satan could lift 60), there not above using that scene of 18 kicking SSB Goku or downplaying the crap out of Carol.

RadicalMrR said:
Power Girl would have been a better match.
But knowing DB this could go both ways (they are the guys who said Goku could only lift 40 tons in base, while claiming Satan could lift 60), there not above using that scene of 18 kicking SSB Goku or downplaying the crap out of Carol.
Power Girl kinda demolishes Pre-Super DB, tho.

I mean as an opponent for Carol not 18. I have no clue who would be better against 18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back