• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did people forget about the arm wrestling part, because you guys seem to be jumping to conclusions about who the most powerful GoD is. What if by strongest he meant physical strength, I mean, you need to be physically stronger than your opponent to beat them in arm wrestlng, like for example Superman is physically stronger than Silver Surfer, but not more powerful. Just an assumption though.

Arm wrestling isn't even that indicative of physical strength at times. Apologies for the anecdotal evidence, but I can casually rep some of my friends' max lifts, yet they constantly hand my ass to me in arm wrestling, even when I'm using better technique.

Or Fedor Emelianenko lost an arm wrestling match to Bob Sapp. For those who don't know, Fedor is heavily considered to be the greatest MMA fighter of all time. Whereas Bob Sapp has such a bad fighting record it's become somewhat of meme. Bob Sapp was even literally reduced to tears by a fighter Fedor beat.

There's also the time when literally one of the Top 10 World's Strongest Men lost an arm wrestling contest to a pro arm wrestler.

So yeah if Beerus was right and Whis is only basing what he said from an arm wrestling match, that doesn't really mean he's less powerful than that GoD.

Beerus1000 said:
Shit the tournament is only going to last for 2-3 episode since grand priest said it will 48 minutes long
And Frieza said Namek would blow up in 5 minutes...

• 300 seconds = 12,600 seconds
  • 2880 seconds = 120960
That would be like 33 hours and a half of fighting.

Well Dragon Ball's definition of 5 minutes is something like 3 hours. 33 hours of fighting for a tournament that lasts around 48 minutes isn't that much of a strech in Dragon Ball terms.

Idk why nobody's mentioned this yet but Goku's negotiation skills are on point, reminded me a bit of Goku Black. He's actually getting some decent character development where he didn't just rush into a battle with Frieza and knew he was playing his only "weakness" so he held back that anticipation

Well there most likely won't be a day and a half/around 100 episodes straight of fighting. Just that the tournament could be dragged out, even if it's supposedly 48 minutes.

Whis was probably basing everything on an arm wrestling, remember, GoD arent allowed to fight each other, why didnt the angels stop them if what whis said was true?

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think that the tournament will last 6 episodes tops.
Mat remember when 5 minutes namek is like a ton of episodes lol (it never ends :p) well if since this will last 48 minutes i wonder how many episodes will this be ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (i'm mostly joking on this being EXTREMELY long but you never know right lol)

MeleeniumRXJ said:
As everyone said here, the mortal that's stronger than the Destroyer Gods, might not even participate in the tournament. But even if he does enter, beating him won't necessarily require a power-up. Because what if multiple people gang up on this one character? After all, it's a battle royal. If this one character takes on multiple characters and loses, no one will scale above him.
Numeric advantage has never EVER worked in Dragon ball. Except for Radish, who was an idiot.

If this mortal is stronger than a GoD who is also stronger than Beerus he would demolish Goku, Vegeta, Frieza and Hit 1v4 probably.

It seems Roshi will fight next episode, with assassins that were send to kill a High 4-C character, Frieza in his final form. Will Roshi get upgraded to High 4-C if he defeats some of them? He was training up until now.

High 4-C is too low for Super standards, he will likely fight evenly with an assassin made to fight Golden Frieza and SSB Goku and there is the possibility of him sparring with them, so 3-A is more fitting from the writers point of view.

Maybe. Just because there is not Golden Frieza in the preview doesn't mean that he will not transform.

Speaking of Piccolo, nobody else finds it odd how Kamiccolo was > 17 and has been training and fighting actual opponents but is put as massively weaker than 17? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Piccolo is still likely going to superior to 17 because he damaged Current Mystic Goha, who is comparable to 3-A SSB Goku.

I know it can never happen but I would sudden out of nowhere crossover and Saitama ends up being the mortal who is stronger than the GoD who is stronger than Beerus.

@AquaWaifu hmmmm well this is DBS were talking about in which everyone gets to be 3-A. Knowing the series this might actually happen lol.

New big SPOILERS for episodes 94-98 confirmed to be true by Reddit admins and Herms.

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T SPOILERS.

To sums it up: Freezer goes to Universe 4 convinced by Quitela, leaving U7 with 9 fighters. Goku hopes he can figure out something about the 10th fighter at the tournament. When they arrive, Daishinkan reveals that whoever falls from the arena, will fall into the void forever.

Also, universes allies against u7 expect for a few (most likely u6 and 10) happy about it.

The only thing people had to defend Frieza coming back ("oh it'd be cool for Frieza to be forced to work with Goku") is gone now. Kek

RadicalMrR said:
Guess Cell is looking pretty relevant right about now.
Unless Yamcha begs to enter or Majin Buu suddendly wakes up because Cell needs some time to be found, recruited and trained, which is very little at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back