• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter1129 said:
Wait a minute so is this average scale the same as from Battle of Gods?! Because if it is than that means that universes 1/12/5/8 all have a average fighter of Super Saiyan God lvl!
No, it means quality of life and not only that U7 is the second weekest Universe but that doens't mean that Goku and Vegeta are week compared to the other, for the contrary I think they are the strongest ones

Oh sorry didn't really quite get that at first. Thanks

Edit: Also in the preview Bergamo turned into a giant and the leaks stated that he can turn enemy attacks into his own power. So is it just me thinking that Dragon Ball Super is now copying the Miracle's power from Bleach.

Bergamo has limitless omg because goku has limits so obviously bergamo has the limitless power the title is talking about.

Just watched episode 80 and I got to admit I really didn't like the Gohan vs Lavender fight. They fight evenly at the beginning and then it goes down hill from their Lavender's poison takes for even to affect gohan and it apparently dosent weaken you that much as he still got KOd by SSGohan even though he was fighting him equally in his SS form before the poison spread as far as it did. I Lavender won at least with a hard fight so it be a better motivation for gohan to train but we get a tie. I hope bargamo puts on a good show.

@Griffen

Well you're the one in a million that didn't enjoy the fight. Literally everyone on youtube comment section loved it. His poison did affect Gohan also, Whis stated the more Gohan powered up, the more it weakened him. But Gohan pushed his limits as best he could and ended the fight.

Well funny that Gohan ended the fight with a rolling crush/hidden lotus style LOL

Gokuiscool144 said:
@Griffen
Well you're the one in a million that didn't enjoy the fight. Literally everyone on youtube comment section loved it. His poison did affect Gohan also, Whis stated the more Gohan powered up, the more it weakened him. But Gohan pushed his limits as best he could and ended the fight.
I kinda get where LordGriffin1000 is coming from. Gohan was losing badly, and then out of nowhere KOs Lavender. The fight was good until that happened. It kind of ruined the rest of it, but it's whateves because it's just an excebition.

If I were the one writing it, I would have had Lavender win. Gohan KOing him like that requires me to suspend too much disbelief for me to enjoy it. I'm sure people in the youtube comment section loved it because we finally get to see Gohan in action after a long time. That's a big factor right there as to why the fight is getting so much praise.

In terms of animation quality, though, this fight, and the Buu fight have been really good. DBS has reached a new peak in terms of animation quality. But in terms of how the fight actually played out, I don't think this fight delievered, at least in terms of how it ended.

@Gokuiscool

Well I'm happy to be that one in a million and I said it didn't weaken him that much. Also this episode just got rid of like half the roster since some universes don't need to compete

I'm actually glad not all universes are participating. Save them to be fleshed out later, and the reason for them being exempt makes me even more curious about them.

Now I want goku to lose so it can be a complete tie as well for Gohan to see that ohh my father lost I really need to train more :)

Although I originally loved Whis, I am starting to hate him. He is just so above it all. The angels are so much stronger than everyone else that they don't feel any compassion or empathy for others. Originally his lackadaisical-ness was funny, but now, even faced with the complete erasure (worse than death, since Otherworld is gone too) of all his companions and his universe as a whole he just laughs and says how much higher he is than Beerus. I really want the angels to get knocked off their pedestal of superiority.

@Assalt

Considering the lyrics of the outro of the angels possibly having an evil side, it is very much possible. And knowing that 6 of Daishinkans children have already been killed by omni-king, he could hold a revolt with the children he has left.

eh..i'm still thinking in the end they'll reveal Zeno never planned to destroy any universe and they were saying all that just to motivate the fighters.

Hopefully. Having a bunch of nigh-unkillable people that are completely cheerful and uncaring towards universal destruction run the mutliverse is really disturbing. The bad thing is, Zeno has already displayed virtually no care for the other universes and their inhabitants.

What @Saitamax says is certainly a possibility.

Another is that Daishinkan and the other angels got Zen-chan to go along with all this in order to make all the gods of destruction take their damn jobs more seriously. Remember when Whis and Vados complained to Zen about Beerus and Champa's laziness?

I personally want to see if Daishinkan is a true villain who wants to see universes destroyed.

I love the fact that he pointed out that DB fans would much rather make up their own head canon, rather than provide evidence to prove their points, Danny is the best.

Anyone pick that Toppo was surprised to see Gohan go SSJ? Its interesting because fem-broly is one of the pride troopers.

There is a slight error in the lavenda profile.

His venom does not deny durability, what happened is that when turning into super sayajin, the effects of poisons are accelerated (this happened once when the goku became super sayajin in Z and this caused the virus in his heart to have effects More negative.

I am not a dowgrader, but now you have to add a weakness to the super sayajin transformation, which scelerra the effect of diseases (like the heart disease that goku contracted in namek or the planet he learned to teleport) and poisons powerful enough The poison of the lavenda that had its effects accelerated due to the gohan to have turned into super sayajin)

not necessarily: the poison's speed of propagation might be proportional to the strenght of the one who's affected by it.

Hakaishim said:
There is a slight error in the lavenda profile.

His venom does not deny durability, what happened is that when turning into super sayajin, the effects of poisons are accelerated (this happened once when the goku became super sayajin in Z and this caused the virus in his heart to have effects More negative.

I am not a dowgrader, but now you have to add a weakness to the super sayajin transformation, which scelerra the effect of diseases (like the heart disease that goku contracted in namek or the planet he learned to teleport) and poisons powerful enough The poison of the lavenda that had its effects accelerated due to the gohan to have turned into super sayajin)
it may be a side effect of multiplying all natural processes of the body The effect most extend to foreign invaders as well that's actually pretty interesting.

Jeune fou said:
not necessarily: the poison's speed of propagation might be proportional to the strenght of the one who's affected by it.

Could be, but nonetheless, in the meantime. The super sayajin, has already accelerated the heart disease of the goku in a previous saga (in a part of the saga of Z)

In short poisons and diseases strong enough to affect sayajins has its effects potentiated by the transformation of super sayajin. At least the ordinary transformations, I do not know about ssj blue, but the yellow levels do this

What tier do you guys think Goku will be at the end of Dragon Ball Super?

One for assuming that infinite timeliness will be anounced. And one for what we know so far. I mean.... Tier 8 at the start and now 3-A just by pure training (Already shown 3-A is possible by pure training via Vegeta)

I wouldn't be surprised if he and Vegeta ended up at Low 2-C at least. I'm not sure if they will but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

Gokuiscool144 said:
What tier do you guys think Goku will be at the end of Dragon Ball Super?
One for assuming that infinite timeliness will be anounced. And one for what we know so far. I mean.... Tier 8 at the start and now 3-A just by pure training (Already shown 3-A is possible by pure training via Vegeta)
I think he wud be in tier 2. Anywhere from Low 2-C to 2-B

Who else likes how they shifted the blame off of Goku and the fact that they made the fact that him asking Zeno to have the tournament actually came with benefits? Zeno was gonna destroy the universes at anytime without consent, this gave everyone a fighting chance.

I hate how carefree Goku is acting in regards to such an atrocious and tragic event taking place, though I never got why people blamed him for it or made him out to be this evil guy.

It's not like Goku knew that Zen'ō was going to use this simple tournament of theirs as an opportunity to destroy the universes. And he certainly wasn't okay with the idea once he found out. Wanting to at least try to stop it at first. Was it very stupid of him to disregard Beerus's advice and engage such a dangerous person? Definitely. But I've heard a bunch of people online now say that Goku is some horrid villain who will happily indirectly kill countless just for a fight.

Ryukama Since the fight take place in infinite of nothingness. Which means no planets, stars, galaxies, space and time, but character like Hercules and Majin Buu can survive it. I think that he concept is that you cant harm the universe/life in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back