• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sidali891 said:
Ssr4vegito

It doesn't matter. Because it seems the staph have agreed that the DB universes share the same space-time. Even if he what you said is true, he would still be Low 2-C due to that..
I don't see why them sharing one SpaceTime affects anything.

Sharing the same space-time would basically make them a single very large universe, since it's not every single universe with its own space-time, but every single universe with 1 space-time.

So due to this, the DB universes will function as a single big universe from now on (On VSBW that is)

Which is why it wouldn"t matter for Zamasu's tier to be changed, since becoming one with the entire 12 universes would still be Low 2-C.

Sidali891 said:
Sharing the same space-time would basically make them a single very large universe, since it's not every single universe with its own space-time, but every single universe with 1 space-time.

So due to this, the DB universes will function as a single big universe from now on (On VSBW that is)

Which is why it wouldn"t matter for Zamasu's tier to be changed, since becoming one with the entire 12 universes would still be Low 2-C.
that dosent make seanse it's not any smaller then before there just joined now.

My point is not that it's small, it's that the 12 universes function as 1 giant universe since they share the same space-time (according to this wiki)

Sidali891 said:
My point is not that it's small, it's that the 12 universes function as 1 giant universe since they share the same space-time (according to this wiki)
that wouldn't matter it's still doing the same amount of stuff as before.

It matters for tiering. Being able to destroy a single space-time continuum, no matter the spacial size, is Low 2-C. If the space-times were seperate, destroying them would be 2-C. Number of space-times and dimensional complexity determine the tiering of the supreme beings and all others applicable in their respective multiverse.

Assaltwaffle said:
It matters for tiering. Being able to destroy a single space-time continuum, no matter the spacial size, is Low 2-C. If the space-times were seperate, destroying them would be 2-C. Number of space-times and dimensional complexity determine the tiering of the supreme beings and all others applicable in their respective multiverse.
that's stupid it's like saying destroying the sun is the same as destroying the earth

@Darkmon you're forgetting that what makes Low 2-C special is time, not space.

SomebodyData said:
@Darkmon you're forgetting that what makes Low 2-C special is time, not space.
it's still the same amount of time as it would have been if the univeres had sepret space times.

What? No, this is one sole timeline, there is no more "time" as you're using it here.

Just because Dragon Ball's timeline has more physical matter than other timelines, doesn't mean it has more time. Which is what matters when judging Tier 2 here.

SomebodyData said:
What? No, this is one sole timeline, there is no more "time" as you're using it here.
What? More space would mean more time are trying to say that all timelines automatically have the same amount of time?

That isn't how space-time interactions work. A single timeline is a timeline. The universe could be tiny or huge, but it is still 4-D, yielding the same result. If anything a timeline would be "bigger" if it was longer, not if it's universe was bigger.

Assaltwaffle said:
That isn't how space-time interactions work. A single timeline is a timeline. The universe could be tiny or huge, but it is still 4-D, yielding the same result. If anything a timeline would be "bigger" if it was longer, not if it's universe was bigger.
A tiny universe is a pocket universe which destroying doesn't equate to being Low 2-C, so size still does matter.

Assaltwaffle said:
I'm sorry your logic just doesn't make sense to me

@FTW395 Why is that? A universal timeline is a timeline, and destroying anything 4-D equates to tier 2 or higher in power, unless it involves hax.

@Assaltwaffle I don't know either, but Kaguya for example isn't Low 2-C even though she did exactly that.

A Space-Time Continuum needs to contain matter that's at least Observable Universe sized to be Low 2-C. Anything significantly less is hax, and unquantifiable. Specially pocket-sized realms like Kaguya's tiny dimensions and the RoSaT (Planet Sized) don't matter much. Unless we'd have to rank everyone who busts and created pocket universes as Low 2-C, which is idiotic.

Matthew Schroeder said:
A Space-Time Continuum needs to contain matter that's at least Observable Universe sized to be Low 2-C. Anything significantly less is hax, and unquantifiable. Specially pocket-sized realms like Kaguya's tiny dimensions and the RoSaT (Planet Sized) don't matter much. Unless we'd have to rank everyone who busts and created pocket universes as Low 2-C, which is idiotic.
I don't really understand this reasoning though. In the other thread you were hammering about Time being the only deciding factor to be Low 2-C and Space not mattering, yet when the size is too small it does matter?

It does. If it didn't, then anyone with any matter of Space-Time hax would be considered Universal, which is idiotic.

Sidali891 said:

If it's 1 giant universe, then how is it that Zen'o was able to destroy only 6 of them while leaving the other 12 intact?

Let me see if I can clear things up a bit.

Instead of saying 1 Large Universe which may confuse people, say it as 1 Large Dimension. In this case, we are treating both words the same but Dimension sounds less confusing.

Imagine the DB multiverse as 1 Large Dimension with several universes that make it up. It would make more sense then saying 1 large Universe with several other ones within it, right?

Or did I mess up too?

MeleeniumRXJ said:
If it's 1 giant universe, then how is it that Zen'o was able to destroy only 6 of them while leaving the other 12 intact?
???

What kind of backwards non-logic is this?

That's like saying "How can a missile demolish a building but leave the rest of the city intact?"

Matthew Schroeder said:
MeleeniumRXJ said:
???
What kind of backwards non-logic is this?

That's like saying "How can a missile demolish a building but leave the rest of the city intact?"

Because destroying a building is simply destroying (or disasembling) physical matter. But unless Zeno simply destroyed all the physical matter in 6 universes, it doesn't add up. It's been said time and time again that he can completely erase universes, so presumably, he completely erased 6 universes, including it's spacetime.

Does it make sense to only partially destroy a single spacetime?

If all 12 physical universes share the same space-time, at least with how this site treats such feats, I don't see why one would need to destroy space-time to destroy the universe. Like how one needn't destroy space time to destroy a planet.

þòîþÄïþÑ×þòî/kaioushin-kai Translation: Kaioshin World, Kaioshin Realm Other Names: Planet of the Kai (Funi), Kaioshin's faraway planet (Viz)The Kaioshin Realm is, well, the Realm of the Kaioshin. It is a special realm completely separate from the macrocosm that the afterlife, universe, and Demon Realm are all enclosed within.

So wouldnt destroying these intangent with the Universes be 2-C?

RadicalMrR said:
þòîþÄïþÑ×þòî/kaioushin-kai Translation: Kaioshin World, Kaioshin Realm Other Names: Planet of the Kai (Funi), Kaioshin's faraway planet (Viz)The Kaioshin Realm is, well, the Realm of the Kaioshin. It is a special realm completely separate from the macrocosm that the afterlife, universe, and Demon Realm are all enclosed within.
So wouldnt destroying these intangent with the Universes be 2-C?

Funny how it shows Whis travelling to places like Otherword with what seems to be conventional travel through space.

Whis has to have some sort of interdimensional capabilities. People are assuming the 12 universes share the same space time simply because it takes Whis time to travel to them. Just because he experiences a passage of time, doesn't mean he isn't travelling through dimensions. There's been plenty of times in fiction where people time travel, and it's not instantaneous. Sometimes they go through a sort of hypserspace and there's a noticable travel time.

On top of that, Whis basically stated that he's capable of time travel.

I think the 12 universe simply share the same "passage of time" in the same way Otherworld and the Living World are part of the same timeline. But they're not separated by distance. You still have to go through some sort of portal or something to get to them.

@FTW How does something that is completely separate with the universe also share something with it?

RadicalMrR said:
@FTW How does something that is completely separate with the universe also share something with it?
It's very likely the cosmos structure has been retconned just like 4 galaxies. The information you posted from Kanzenshuu are long before battle of gods was created. I wouldn't use the databooks for Super if it was me

RadicalMrR said:

They share the same timeline, but they're not separated simply by distance. Meaning you can't travel to them simply by traversing through space.

RadicalMrR said:
The Kai realm is still a part of the Dragonball multiverse or I guess now it's just the universe.

@MeleeniumRXJ

Replying to your question to me. I agree with you there is no way the universes share the same space-time if Zen'o destroyed six of them and the others are intact. And, there is no way he only desteoyed the physical matter of those six if there is no traxe of them on the map, as the DB map only shows 12.

I would like to establish that In any circumstance, I do not agree with the staff's decision about this topic, and what I stated in my above replies are merely what they said and believe, not my words

While I disagree with all the universes sharing 1 space-time. We will have to wait for further confirmation that they have separate space-time....I guess. I feel we are being too restrictive, but I can't prove anyone wrong as of yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back