• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Actually to be large star level, you need to be 760.516 Quettatons
But aren't we talking about large star level? We are talking about High 5-A and Low 4-C.

Gowasu I highly doubt it, since he didn't sense Zamasu's killing intent, but Shin seems fine.
Well, they're both gods, so they automatically should have. At least gods of creation who are kind of on the level of destruction in terms of divinity.

hey guys, originally this was supposed to come out as a CRT as soon as I finished it, but I just found a job so I need to finish it as soon as possible and I would like to know your opinion:

I made a rework of Frieza's page, with new renders, new abilities, gif, etc. It is 90% finished, maybe tonight or tomorrow night it can be finished, and I would like to know your opinions and if you would change anything

old page

new page
It looks amazing, good job! Revamping the profiles just like the way you did with scroll boxes, manga renders and etc is something i really want to do for the verse, but having so much caprice takes time and i feel like i should make P&A pages first. Also, i am lazy. Glad to see someone was willing to do it too.

hey guys, originally this was supposed to come out as a CRT as soon as I finished it, but I just found a job so I need to finish it as soon as possible and I would like to know your opinion:

I made a rework of Frieza's page, with new renders, new abilities, gif, etc. It is 90% finished, maybe tonight or tomorrow night it can be finished, and I would like to know your opinions and if you would change anything

old page

new page
Limited Damage Reduction and Elasticity (via Battle Armour) DB Chapter 291/03

probably because the manga is explicitly stated to be its prequel
And yet super anime ignored the manga over the anime on major plot points, carries over anime only events and characters, which clearly means it follows the anime, not to mention it was also displayed as on between DBZ and dbgt, so that "statement" has been overturned
plus jaco exists
and the whole dragon ball minus-broly thing
Not sure what this has to do with anything, both super manga and anime canonized the Jaco Manga , more sure what broly has to do with it
and hell is different
Ah yes, hell looks artistically different , which has no implication whatsoever to the story, as opposed to future trunks super Saiyan origins, Gregory, Bulma being swapped into a frog all in Kai, and not on the manga, and in the case of trunks, outright going against the manga in favour of the anime?

Is there any incoherence besides the way hell is represented?
None, whatsoever

And yet super anime ignored the manga over the anime on major plot points
Gregory is not involved in ANY major plot points.
carries over anime only events and characters
And, suspiciously, manga-only characters and concepts, like the Galactic King destroying a planet-sized asteroid or the Galactic Patrol and the character of Tights in their entirety, or Future Trunks and Bulma sharing a hair color, or the Duo of Robbers that Videl encounters hijacking a bus,
not to mention it was also displayed as on between DBZ and dbgt, so that "statement" has been overturned
uhh...
2021 supersedes 2017, I believe.
Not sure what this has to do with anything, both super manga and anime canonized the Jaco Manga
No, Toriyama inserted Jaco the Galactic Patrolman (or, rather, the Galactic Patrol series) into the canon of the original series as its prequel—in 2013; shortly after the release of Battle of Gods. Occam's razor, Super incorporating characters and concepts from the Galactic Patrol series indicates original series -> Super.
Ah yes, hell looks artistically different , which has no implication whatsoever to the story
Hell is completely conceptually different. Is this merely ignorance, or are you simply being disingenuous? In the TV anime, Hell is a singular, ever-expansive, demonic plane of existence where evil, dead souls from across the entire universe—including the likes of Cell, the Ginyu Force, Android 20, King Cold, and Frieza—reside. In Super, the Hell that Frieza is trapped in is a multi-layered realm that apparently tethered specifically to Earth, with each layer holding different souls for different purposes.
as opposed to future trunks super Saiyan origins
Gohan dies all the same. The Future Androids rampage across the world all the same. Trunks finds Gohan's body all the same. The only thing that changed is that Trunks transformed upon finding Gohan's body, which could literally fit in any interpretation. And, is largely irrelevant.
outright going against the manga in favour of the anime?
"Going against the manga" or "supplementary, previously non-canon content being incorporated into continuity"?
Are Ado and Kado canon? Is New Planet Vegeta canon? Is Android 21 canon?

All thisnjust sounds like the merging of the two continuties to me. Because one on hand disregarding blatant anime shit as irrelevant based on actually nothing and bringing in equally irrelevant manga shit as a counter arguement is weak sauce, but with the differences in Hell's layout and whatnot also means it's simply not 1 to 1 anime to Super.

So to me it sounds like it's a cluster **** of merged continuities. Because contradiction exist for it existing solely to one continuity.

All thisnjust sounds like the merging of the two continuties to me. Because one on hand disregarding blatant anime shit as irrelevant based on actually nothing and bringing in equally irrelevant manga shit as a counter arguement is weak sauce, but with the differences in Hell's layout and whatnot also means it's simply not 1 to 1 anime to Super.

So to me it sounds like it's a cluster **** of merged continuities. Because contradiction exist for it existing solely to one continuity.
Very cool to nullify all the evidence we have with just a few mentions of the manga, but work showing the opposite. Lol

DBS has changed/retconned things in both media, but Trunks turning ssj for the first time after Gohan dies was a huge nod to the anime as the preferred canon for DBS anime , as this event was present in both but at odds with each other

But there's no point arguing for it anyway, manga seems to be the preferred canon

Back