• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Revisions that will make u cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the nice way of telling me to shut up? I'm actively pointing out a flaw, a blatant double standard. There are inconsistencies with the arguments on the opposite side but you don't see that. Telling people "we've been over this already" is such a dismissive and close minded argument (if you could even call it that). This a blatant Appeal To Tradition (This is when someone claims that an argument must be true because it's the way things have always been done previously, or the thing that people always believed before.) You've had the same arguments since 2014 and they make zero sense.
Look, a big part of the staff members' job is to render judgement in these types of situations, and you have to accept that as a part of this community. We have many different tasks to do that are very time-consuming taken together, and cannot indulge you forever in circular arguments.

Unless we all immediately and permanently drop the 5-C Roshi point, and focus on other issues, we will have to close this thread, and focus on another Dragon Ball discussion, as AKM sama mentioned. Sorry.

But see the funny thing about that is how we have a surplus of supporters, including staff such as admins, mods, etc. You just gonna shut them down too? I don't think they would be too happy about that, especially the admins. How does that fare your appeal to authority approach?

I implore you to reread our arguments.

Last edited:
Since there is another DB thread, according to the rule of only 1 ongoing thread per verse, I think we should close this one because like I said, each topic in the OP needs a thread of its own. Currently this is a clusterfuck of multiple topics. Moon level Roshi was being debated for the most part but such a big and controversial subject will require input from majority of the staff members so that it could be dealt with once and for all. And currently this thread is too much of a mess for that to be possible.
Are you kidding me? Now you wanna bring up the one thread per verse thing? And now that I made a new one just close this one? Did you refute my arguments? No you didn't.

You do know that another thread can be made after one is concluded, right? The fault is entirely yours on this one. You should have made 3 different threads after each one was concluded if you wanted things to happen smoothly and quickly. You should have had the common sense of not cramming 3 entire threads worth of controversial discussion in one so that people do not flip flop between different topics and something constructive could happen.

I agree with 3-B base Goku, and 3-A with transformation. There is clear evidence on the OP, I don't why people keep being denial.

"You guys need to actually prove that he can’t control his Ki."
No one is saying Piccolo and Piccolo Jr. can't control their Ki. That's stupid, of course they can.

We're not claiming that Piccolo and Jr. didn't control their Ki in those instances, because they obviously did, that's how you create energy attacks.

We're saying that unlike the Final Flash, the Big Bang Attack, the Shunkan-ido Kamehameha, the Destroy the Planet!, etc., all of which are explicitly stated to have been narrowed in beam size and attack range (FF), condensed to the point where it only does damage within a specific range (BBA), aimed upwards and from the ground as not to hit the Earth (SiK), are held back too much to instantly destroy the planet (DtP), the Explosive Demon Wave and the Hyper Explosive Demon Wave were not narrowed, or condensed, or held back, or aimed away from the Earth. In fact, the Hyper Explosive Demon Wave is an omni-directional explosion, so it couldn't have been aimed away from the Earth.

And, I already know you plan on countering this argument by mentioning the Final Explosion, or the Angry Explosion, or Vegeta's Super Explosive Wave in the Saiyan Saga, or any explosive attack of that caliber. But, before you do that, I'd like to remind you that Majin Vegeta and Buu scaled above consistently 4-B and High 5-A to High 4-C characters, so those examples can't be used as anti-feats, and in the Saiyan Saga, Vegeta consistently scaled above 5-C feats and statements, as well as having numerous 5-B statements of his own, so that can't be used as an anti-feat either. Along with that, in both Vegeta cases, he was incredibly battered and abused, and weakened as a result. As for Piccolo and Piccolo Jr., they have that one 5-C Roshi feat in the chain, and then Tier 7 and Low 6-B feats and statements after that, which isn't consistent.

The roshi stuff has statements and back ups too. That one statement says that Goku's Kamehameha is above Roshi's kamehameha which can shatter the moon and Piccolos beam matched there's. Roshi himself is terrified by the power of Piccolos attack and believes there is nothing Goku can do, the same man who destroyed the moon.

How are y'all pulling "The Daizenshuu is saying that Roshi's Kamehameha can shatter the moon" from "The Super Kamehameha is more powerful than an ordinary Kamehameha and can shatter the moon"?

I am just saying considering it an outlier in the first place in wrong if you have stuff like this from the get go. And as soon as I verify something I'll have another point to add.

At this point a few members are just being argumentative time-wasters, given that they keep relentlessly and stubbornly pushing what they want to force through even though it has been rejected by a staff consensus, and they are required to comply.

As AKM sama said, if you wanted to get something done, you should either not have crammed three revisions into one thread, or have dropped the points that you were told to drop and focused on the rest instead, so we could get something productive done.

Since you have repeatedly refused to do this by behaving in an unreasonable manner rather than accept that this revision won't be applied no matter how much you complain about it, and we are busy with many different tasks, and cannot indulge you forever, you are forcing us to close this thread, which makes all of this a colossal waste of time, rather than allowing us to get something productive done.

Do not bring up the Roshi discussion again in the future, and do not throw any fits or harrass our staff about that we closed this thread afterwards. You only have yourselves to blame in this case.

However, you are free to create revision threads for the other topics here.

Last edited:
Well, currently there is no rule against discussing Roshi's moon feat and a few staff members seemed to be debating for it too, so I think it can technically be brought up again at a later date, preferably in a staff only thread, when most of our knowledgeable staff members are active so that we can reach a proper conclusion.

I wouldn't mind we revisit the 5-C topic later, though given this seems to be a staff v member issue, making it staff only is begging for issues.

@DDM I wouldn't be arguing on the Cell front here, given every argument you made for 4-B applies to the 5-C ones (if not more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back