• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Revisions that will make u cry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, the time is here. This CRT will be divided into three parts. DB, DBS and DBS Chou.

DBS Chou
5546606-7430547063-061.p.png

The first one is the shortest section of the CRT Base Goku should be 3-B. Here, not only is Goku able to knock some hair off a suppressed Whis but it's shown (or at least implied) that Base Goku is on the level on SSG. This should make his base 3-B and likely 3-A with transformations, as well as everyone else that scales. Base characters have also shown feats far above what a 4-B can do considering 4-Bs get ROFL stomped by 3-Bs and Goku was even shown to slightly keep up with other 3-Bs.

DBS Anime
Next is the scaling for low 2-C characters. Starting with Hit, he was able to block several punches from suppressed Jiren and put a dent in his chest with a direct attack. This shouldn’t be an outlier because Hit is able to adapt and improve mid battle and this was where his scaling stops. I think Hit should at least be rated "Possibly low 2-C".

Next we have Anilaza. He was strong enough overpower the five strongest guys in U7 including Blue Goku. Blue Goku was low 2-C at the time because right after Anilaza's defeat, he was casually clashing with a suppressed Jiren. There are arguments that Goku wasn't low 2-C at the time but that makes no sense. Him holding back against Anilaza is head canon, especially considering Goku had help, it wouldn’t make sense. Goku getting stronger after the fight is also head canon as he gets his gigantic amps from UI sessions. His fight with Jiren literally happened right after Anilaza. Android 17 one shotting Anilaza doesn't make it an outlier for the following reasons.

Android 17 may be 3-A physically but he has better feats with his shields. Not only did he one shot Anilaza with his shield but he was able to use them to protect himself against GoD Toppo. It even took GoD Toppo multiple attacks for the shield to break. Jiren and Toppo were the only ones who were able break the shields. 17's shields should definitely be low 2-C.
As a side note his self destruction should be low 2-C as well. It stopped an attack from Jiren, as shown here.

Next is Base Goku. Base Goku at the end of the TOP should be low 2-C. Jiren was initially super weak, where he was slightly above Golden Frieza. However, after Toppo motivated him, he stood up and got his flaming aura back. This form of Aura only appeared when he was getting close to his full power as shown below.
b9d0098f84996307323e1c465ac96ac4973a306cr1-315-202_hq.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Gohan said Jiren at this level still had amazing power and Vegeta says he got over his issues, implying Jiren has regained some of his strength. He was even overwhelming Golden Frieza and 17's shield with his aura. Jiren was also able to tank 17's self destruct.
That's not all. Because of their infinite energy and stamina Androids AP doesn't get lower, at least when it comes to ki attacks. His barriers should still be as strong as they normally are and not only was Jiren able to break it but Base Goku was able to make an even stronger barrier that protected them against Jiren's attack. Plus Base Goku was able to clash with and hurt Jiren. This wouldn't be an outlier for Goku because the this is what he's been doing this entire tournament. UIS Broke his limits time and time again and UI should logically do the same, arguably even better than UIS. You could argue Frieza broke his limits too because of his ferocious potential (ie going from fodder to god tier in four months) but that point would be rather moot because he's stronger than Goku and Vegeta in the Broly movie anyway. If anything it's just a supporting feat.
This scales to Base Goku, Base Vegeta, Base Broly and Final Form Frieza.

Roshi's Infamous Moon Feat
It’s time to put an end to this. Roshi destroying the moon should not be an outlier. If we go back to Roshi’s profile in 2014 the outlier note was hasn’t changed other than the Tagoma part.
It reads:
Note: The moon destroying feat Roshi did during the 21st Budokai is often regarded as an outlier at this point of the series when it happened due to stronger characters not demonstrating such a feat until the Saiyan Saga. Roshi surviving Tagoma's kick in Dragon Ball Super is also an outlier.”

I could use this same argument to downplay the 3-A feat in DBS. Both Goku and Roshi get a dramatic increase in power (SSG and Max Power Mode). Both are feats way above previous ones (9-B/High 8-C to 5-B and 4-B to 3-A). Both don’t show feats on that level until later in the series (Next feat higher than 3-A happens in the Goku Black arc, next moon bust is in the Saiyan Saga). The only difference is the power scaling. In DBS characters immediately start scaling to 3-A but in DB characters start scaling above the moon bust when it’s almost over. This literally makes DB characters scaling to the moon bust more legit than DBS characters scaling to universal. Only in the second to last DB arc is when characters start surpassing max power Roshi and those characters are like the god tiers at that point.

Roshi
0014-013.png

When Roshi destroyed MT Fry-Pan, it was by complete accident. He only wanted to take out the fire. He also obviously destroyed the moon so he’s the starting point.

King Piccolo
He’s stronger than Roshi but suffers from this statement.
473b5b154772b5b047509de58046e210a4824475r1-935-234v2_hq.jpg

These two statements contradict each other. A small nuke cannot easily wipe away a city. A small nuclear bomb is 8-A. Destroying the moon is a feat, saying someone rivals a bomb is a statement that’s not even in the show and feats > statements. I find it funny how all of a sudden the Daizenshuu is such a reliable source when other statements Daizenshuu are straight up dismissed.
0150-006.png

0150-007.png

0150-008.png

0150-009.png

Here he blew away a city with no effort and he was just showing an example of his strength. He even states he can destroy the world. This outlier argument hinges on the AOE fallacy which DB has a lot of.

Shenron
Shenron recreated the moon and got murdered by King Piccolo.

AP and speed.
The calculation of the moon bust got the following results. It got 596 zettatons and 0.13c

There is also no quantifiable gap between EoDB Goku and BoDBZ Goku. He had very minimal training so all we know is that he barely got any stronger. So using Piccolo’s moon feat pretty moot but also another example of AOE abuse.

Arguments for moon bust
• Roshi destroyed the moon
• Numerous guide statements
• Shenron restored the moon and is weaker than King Piccolo.
• King Piccolo said he can destroy the world.
• Goku and co barely got any stronger between EoDB and BoDBZ.
• Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien being able to reach Saibaman level so easily.
• Scaling above the moon feat only happens when the DB is almost over.

Arguments against the moon bust
• Roshi accidentally destroyed a mountain.
• King Piccolo casually destroying a city.
• Nuclear bomb statement from Daizenshuu.

Conclusion

DBS Chou characters should be at least 3-B in base.

New low 2-C characters are Hit, Android 17 (with barriers and self destruct), base Goku, Base Vegeta and Base Broly.

Characters scaling to 5-B and relativistic are Max Power Roshi, King Piccolo, Goku, Kami, Popo, Tien, Yamcha, Krillin, Cyborg Tao (with Super Dodon Wave), and Piccolo Jr.

NOTE: Please do NOT bring up any cosmology shenanigans!
NOTE 2: This OP might be be updated.

It's been so long, but at last.
sddefault.jpg

I'm iffy on 3-B base Chou characters.
I agree with Possibly Low 2-C Hit.
Iffy on Low 2-C Base Goku, Vegeta, and Broly.
For the most part, I agree with Moon buster Roshi.

Not sure about 3-B base Chou characters
Agree with low 2-C Hit
Agree with low 2-C 17 shields Not sure about base Goku and co.
Agree with Moon busting Roshi.

Boy, that Moon level thing should have been a CRT on its own, because of how many characters scale to it and how controvertial the feat is.

Anyway, I agree with 3-B for Base Chou Goku, Low 2-C for Anilaza and Low 2-C barriers for 17. I'm not even touching the 5-C stuff since I don't have an opinion on it.

Gonna think about the other stuff.

Certainly disagree completely with the Roshi stuff, but I'll try to explain why latter.

Last edited:
Here, not only is Goku able to knock some hair off a suppressed Whis but it's shown (or at least implied) that Base Goku is on the level on SSG.
Last time it was brought up, it was rejected because it's from the spin-off promotional manga from Toyo on RoF movie. These chapters weren't a part of the original DB chou manga. Although, I am neutral on the canonicity of this.

I feel like the way we handle outliers seems a bit reductive sometimes imo. I feel the reason Roshi's feat could be considered an outlier isnt because of it's lack of measurable feats from similar characters in power but more so how it fundamentally changes dragonball (early) in a way that feels like it's in juxtapostion to how the series wants to portray the strength of its characters.

I do believe I agree with Low 2-C Hit and Co. Considering how Supressed Jiren legitimately couldn't be harmed by Son Goku in anyway minus a minor scrape, yet Hit's Timeskip Cage could not only put a dent in him but be sent flying from it with much more damage than anything UIS could ever do during the first fight. So at the very least with the technique I definitely see it. Aniilaza, I obviously agree with it since it's right before the fight and no UIS amp could be argued since the power boosts is only when post recovering after using UI, which didn't happen at all in that fight. The Barrier was legitimate since it didn't have a low showing against any 3-A in the Tournament, like at all prior. So really nothing stops the Barriers being Low 2-C especially considering they still held up after GoD Toppo's attacks. If they broke instantly I would disagree, buuut they didn't.

Base Frieza and Son Goku due to their potential and limit breaks makes sense, and also breaking apart the barrier does help because no where implied Android 17 got weaker considering he overall had the same level of performance throughout the entire tournament which backs it up and during the tournament they mention his stamina was 'limitless' in a sense.

No offense but Roshi I'm not touching with a thirty foot pole

The Roshi moon bust actually will cause quite a lot of scaling inconsistencies given that Roshi said he cannot beat 22nd Budokai Tien.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but nobody scales to 22nd Budokai Tenshinhan except for Goku in that same arc (who was also stated to surpass Roshi iirc), King Piccolo, and everyone above them.

Anyway, I think that AKM, Matthew, and Shadow make sense.

Why is Tien only high 8-C if he scales above Roshi? And 22nd Budokai happens right before the King Piccolo arc. All this does is add Tien to the scaling chain.

i agree with low 2-C hit and 17 barriers
can't comment on chou manga because i didn't read it
neutral on moon roshi

I agree with everything in the OP, though I agree with AKM that the RoF promotional manga probably shouldn't be used since it's more so in line with the DBZ movie rather than the DBS manga. In the manga Goku never absorbed SSG into his base form. Though I do think the characters definitely scale to 3-B via Goku Black scaling. Goku Black adapted to match SSB Vegeta as a SSJ, and Goku and Vegeta got to his level later in the arc.

I definitely agree with Low 2-C Hit and 17 via barriers.

I also agree with the Roshi upgrade, though naturally such a controversial topic will need much more discussion.

I agree with the Low 2-C stuff (except Baseku), and the Roshi upgrade (although it definitely should’ve been its own thread).

I’m neutral on 3-B Chou characters.

Last edited:
Okay, I have time, so let tackle this:

COMPARING GOKU'S 3-A TO ROSHI'S MOON DESTRUCTION

I could use this same argument to downplay the 3-A feat in DBS.
I'll be crudely honest, this is just outright bullshit of the highest order and disingenuous at best.
It is ridiculous just comparing a "transformation" like Max Power Roshi which is him simply using his power to its max capacity against Super Saiyan, an actual transformation that heightens and multipliers Goku's power many times over, especially since SSJG is made out to be such a big deal.

Now, are the feats actually comparable...? No, they really aren't.

CONSISTENCY

Goku not only has a total of 3 entire feats and a bunch of statements to supplement his 3-A (the punches destroying the Universe, matching Beerus' power and the angle of his own punches to nullify said shockwaves to make it abundantly clear he scales to the feat, the condensed energy ball that would destroy the universe, and then his Super Saiyan Punch that was too much for even Beerus' power nullification, which scales to the same universe destroying ball of energy), but he also pulls this off against the person that scales at minimum to half of these feats and keeps on being comparable all through the confrontation.

Roshi, meanwhile, has a literal single feat, by himself. That's it. Calling both situations comparable is mind-boggling, to put it mildly.

ANTI-FEATS

Now, do I consider the cases of no one pulling 3-A out of their ass again a fair time after Goku some sort of anti feat against what happened? Not really. Why? Because, and anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Goku already showed he could keep his power under control after causing the initial shockwaves while fighting Beerus. Why couldn't anyone else do the same...? It feels fairly consistent. There's also no real destructive feat by a character painted in story as some sort of achievement that showcases the absolute enormity of their power, on the contrary power tends to be shown by whatever new cool dude is around being able to put a fight against Goku and/or Vegeta, who scale to the 3-A feat.

What about Roshi, then...?
12.jpg

"I got too excited"
Everything indicates he aimed his Kamehameha directly at the mountain, used his Max Power Form, and his own words don't indicate in any measure that he was holding back. Quite the opposite in fact-

Yet the feat is immensely minuscular compared to the Moon one.

But what about King Piccolo's statement of destroying the Planet...? Well, it's even more simple:
  1. King Piccolo ain't Frieza
  2. King Piccolo ain't Cell
  3. He sure as hell isn't Buu
What does destroying the planet do except killing himself...? Even if we assumed he was being serious, why would Piccolo want to kill himself? This at best sounds like surface destruction, and one that would be overtime, if it's not an outright bluff to make the King submit quietly if he did mean the entire planet. And if you don't believe me, that is entirely consistent with the fact that Piccolo Jr., his reincarnation, already a lot stronger than King Piccolo and by consequence far above Master Roshi, has a feat that is Low 6-B at best. And you are gonna be lying to me if you say these aren't meant to be showing off the characters' powers and might.

So not only does Master Roshi already pull this off before with much, much smaller results, not only the best indication of King Piccolo Scaling is an offhand comment meant to threaten someone and which you would need actual proof he doesn't just mean destroying the surface, and not only does Piccolo Jr. have a feat nowhere close despite being far above the 2 aforementioned characters, he is the one to pull off another Moon Feat long after and has already become a lot stronger since his fight with Goku.

How in the hell Master Roshi's singular feat supersedes all of this and has more credibility than these consistent feats of destruction by increasingly more powerful characters, I haven't the slightest clue.

I don’t really agree with 3-B base Chou. Goku didn’t absorb SSG into base like this, so him being on that level is kinda...yeah... I know Goku’s done it before, having his base jump to his super forms, but this doesn’t really look to be it.

Alinaza, 17’s barriers, and maybe Hit I’m fine with getting Low 2-C. But base Goku? No. Even with EoS the circular scaling this will cause is insane.

You’d expect me to disagree with moon level Roshi but well...I mean I’m fine with it. I’m more or less indifferent on it. My mindset on outliers have changed but I wouldn’t touch this feat’s convo with a fully extended Power Pole.

Okay, I have time, so let tackle this:

COMPARING GOKU'S 3-A TO ROSHI'S MOON DESTRUCTION

I could use this same argument to downplay the 3-A feat in DBS.
I'll be crudely honest, this is just outright bullshit of the highest order and disingenuous at best.
It is ridiculous just comparing a "transformation" like Max Power Roshi which is him simply using his power to its max capacity against Super Saiyan, an actual transformation that heightens and multipliers Goku's power many times over, especially since SSJG is made out to be such a big deal.
It’s not ridiculous to say the context is similar. Both are huge amps with feats much higher than the last. Plain and simple.
Now, are the feats actually comparable...? No, they really aren't.

CONSISTENCY

Goku not only has a total of 3 entire feats and a bunch of statements to supplement his 3-A (the punches destroying the Universe, matching Beerus' power and the angle of his own punches to nullify said shockwaves to make it abundantly clear he scales to the feat, the condensed energy ball that would destroy the universe, and then his Super Saiyan Punch that was too much for even Beerus' power nullification, which scales to the same universe destroying ball of energy), but he also pulls this off against the person that scales at minimum to half of these feats and keeps on being comparable all through the confrontation.

Roshi, meanwhile, has a literal single feat, by himself. That's it. Calling both situations comparable is mind-boggling, to put it mildly.
Again it’s not mind boggling. You’re over blowing it. Also the shockwaves were 3-B, matching Beerus isn’t a destructive feat it’s power scaling, and Goku’s only feat that was 3-A was punching out the dense energy ball that had enough power to wipe out the universe.
ANTI-FEATS

Now, do I consider the cases of no one pulling 3-A out of their ass again a fair time after Goku some sort of anti feat against what happened? Not really. Why? Because, and anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, Goku already showed he could keep his power under control after causing the initial shockwaves while fighting Beerus. Why couldn't anyone else do the same...? It feels fairly consistent. There's also no real destructive feat by a character painted in story as some sort of achievement that showcases the absolute enormity of their power, on the contrary power tends to be shown by whatever new cool dude is around being able to put a fight against Goku and/or Vegeta, who scale to the 3-A feat.

What about Roshi, then...?
12.jpg

"I got too excited"
Everything indicates he aimed his Kamehameha directly at the mountain, used his Max Power Form, and his own words don't indicate in any measure that he was holding back. Quite the opposite in fact-

Yet the feat is immensely minuscular compared to the Moon one.
I never said he was holding back at all. I said he destroyed it by accident. Also AOE, DB characters know how to attack objects and people without destroying the planet.
But what about King Piccolo's statement of destroying the Planet...? Well, it's even more simple:
  1. King Piccolo ain't Frieza
  2. King Piccolo ain't Cell
  3. He sure as hell isn't Buu
What does destroying the planet do except killing himself...? Even if we assumed he was being serious, why would Piccolo want to kill himself? This at best sounds like surface destruction, and one that would be overtime, if it's not an outright bluff to make the King submit quietly if he did mean the entire planet. And if you don't believe me, that is entirely consistent with the fact that Piccolo Jr., his reincarnation, already a lot stronger than King Piccolo and by consequence far above Master Roshi, has a feat that is Low 6-B at best. And you are gonna be lying to me if you say these aren't meant to be showing off the characters' powers and might.
I have zero idea what Frieza, Cell or Buu have to do with this. You actually think King Piccolo would end up killing him self if he destroyed the planet with his own power? That’s some “core level Frieza” levels of illogical. King Piccolo can fly up and destroy the planet like every other DB character ever and I’m pretty sure Namekians can breathe in space. Again with Piccolo Jr, area of effect.
So not only does Master Roshi already pull this off before with much, much smaller results, not only the best indication of King Piccolo Scaling is an offhand comment meant to threaten someone and which you would need actual proof he doesn't just mean destroying the surface, and not only does Piccolo Jr. have a feat nowhere close despite being far above the 2 aforementioned characters, he is the one to pull off another Moon Feat long after and has already become a lot stronger since his fight with Goku.
Moot. King Piccolo destroying earth is a supporting statement, not a crutch.
How in the hell Master Roshi's singular feat supersedes all of this and has more credibility than these consistent feats of destruction by increasingly more powerful characters, I haven't the slightest clue.
Maybe because he did the feat and scaling above the feat happens super late into the series? It’s really not that hard. It’s not like a bunch of fodder scale to max power Roshi. You can’t even argue that Tien scales to Max Power Roshi if you actually see the fight.

This outlier ting just hinges on “muh one feat, muh inconsistent, muh anti feats”, etc. It’s super easy to say the moon bust is legit but the wiki has to use a bunch of twists and turns and mental gymnastics to say “nah B, outliner B.” Not only is this argument outdated (2014 for **** sake) but it’s stone walling and an Appeal to Association Fallacy.

Dende did say Goku reached god hood while healing his base form and saying it will take longer then normal because Goku has god ki as he is in his base form knocked out

So he does have god ki inside his base (Toyo just rushed BoG and only have RoF in a short story for the promo for the movie that's probably cannon to the manga)

Uh, I’ll just cut in for a second and say King Piccolo destroying the planet was absolutely never treated as a planet bust in that context.

At the absolute most it wasn’t him destroying different countries/continents over the span of years.

Like Cal, I’m not touching this with a fully extended power pole, but I will say that I don’t see how King Piccolo boasting about he’d destroy can be a supporting feat.

I share the same thoughts as AKM Sama. I need to get some for the grain arguments out of the way first though. I definitely agree that there are a lot of good points to argue for 5-C Roshi because most typical reasons for passing outliers are often too generic. Saying, "It's a one time feat that's far above the next best feat in the era" isn't really good enough context to call something an outlier anymore. As post DB saga, 5-C and above becomes extremely casual. Plus, Teen Goku didn't seem to train that much to go from 6-B to 5-C despite the 5 year gap. He even admitted all he did was just house work like gather firewood. But knowing future Dragon Ball, that's not the best argument. The 6-B feat was also very casual as it was just an explosive wave Piccolo used to nuke the Island by "Exploding from his body and taking 0 damage." But the problem comes from King Piccolo, Tien and Ozaru.

One could argue that Roshi's Tier 7 feat is due to Ki control, but that actually raises a lot of issues with the scaling. Master Roshi was too afraid to fight Ozaru head on, so he was desperate to destroy his source. Blowing up the moon was scene as lazy writing in that scene. Roshi also considers himself slightly inferior to Tien in the 22nd Budokai. And even compared Tri-Beam to his Max Power Kamahameha. Tri-Beam is also a life span shortening attack. King Piccolo on the other hand would definitely be above Roshi's max power Kamahameha. Roshi himself openly admits his strongest attack would do 0 damage to him which is why he used Mafuba. And King Piccolo's strongest attack was in the same context as Freiza's Death Ball or Cell's Solar Kamahameha and still calculated at City level+. Making the High 7-C consistent but not so much 5-C.

It seems like the staff consensus here is that it would be too inconsistent to consider the Dragon Ball series as 5-C almost from the start, but do we need a more elaborate explanation for why in the Dragon Ball verse page and Master Roshi profile?

Last edited:
And King Piccolo's strongest attack was in the same context as Freiza's Death Ball
Didn’t Freeza explicitly state that he held back the power in his Death Ball though?

Also I don’t see how Tenshinhan scaling is a point against 5-C Roshi, nobody really scales to Ten except 22nd Budokai Goku.

It seems like the staff consensus here is that it would be too inconsistent to consider the Dragon Ball series as 5-C almost from the start, but do we need a more elaborate explanation for why in the Dragon Ball verse page and Master Roshi profile?
Three people replied with actual arguments and there are still points on the opposing side, so no there isn't a consensus yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also the fact that for one Goku's Kamehameha was stated in the Daizenshuu to be capable of shattering the moon (obviously meant to mirror the Roshi feat), and as we all know Goku and Piccolo Jr. (Aside from the special beam cannon) have barely gotten any stronger during the 5 year time gap, which is supported by both the story and the official power levels. This means Roshi's feat would only scale to characters that gave good arguments to be 5-C themselves, which makes it rather consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back