• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball MWI undoing continuation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, that’s like saying the Flash “running so fast he travels dimensions” is “just running.” It’s technically just running, yes, but it’s running with aspects of teleportation in the mix.
If someone said "the only way to enter this place is by swimming" and someone later parted the waters to enter

Would you say the only way is swimming when an alternative is found? That's the point here. Trying to frame it as "only one action is possible" is incorrect, because we clearly see an alternative.

Reminder, even so, that in-universe, Warp isn't referred as having these properties. We inferred them through special showings that may or may not be contradictory without such inference , and that's the entire point here. We have to infer things because the source material isn't clear or direct enough. And that's a fair criticism of it, and for many enough for it to not be in line with our standards.

It’s technically just running, yes, but it’s running with aspects of teleportation in the mix.
Except, when Flash runs through dimensions, he is powered by the Speed Force,—DC's multiversal cosmic concept of speed and motion itself,—and explicitly bypasses dimensional barriers through sheer speed. Helps that he can match the vibrational frequencies of alternate dimensions and travel across the Speed Force.

Warp lacks that same privileges.

Except, when Flash runs through dimensions, he is powered by the Speed Force,—DC's multiversal cosmic concept of speed and motion itself,—and explicitly bypasses dimensional barriers through sheer speed.
This isn’t really relevant to the point. Which is that the Flash’s running, regardless of how it does this, has extra characteristics mimicking that of teleportation. Thus if I said “You can only get there through teleportation,” the Flash running there cannot feasibly be an anti-feat. His running is teleportation-adjacent/teleportation with travel time. Similarly, Whis’ Warp, while not “transcending dimensions” or “using sheer speed,” is still, demonstrably, utilizing teleportation-adjacent properties/is teleportation with a travel time, and thus, cannot be an anti-feat.
Helps that he can match the vibrational frequencies of alternate dimensions and travel across the Speed Force.
This is relevant, because the Flash’s multiversal traveling via vibrations rather than “simple movement” is technically a detractor from the analogy, but as far as I know Barry, Wally, etc. can do both vibrational travel and straight up “running normal” travel.

This isn’t really relevant to the point. Which is that the Flash’s running, regardless of how it does this, has extra characteristics mimicking that of teleportation. Thus if I said “You can only get there through teleportation,” the Flash running there cannot feasibly be an anti-feat. His running is teleportation-adjacent/teleportation with travel time. Similarly, Whis’ Warp, while not “transcending dimensions” or “using sheer speed,” is still, demonstrably, utilizing teleportation-adjacent properties/is teleportation with a travel time, and thus, cannot be an anti-feat.

This is relevant, because the Flash’s multiversal traveling via vibrations rather than “simple movement” is technically a detractor from the analogy, but as far as I know Barry, Wally, etc. can do both vibrational travel and straight up “running normal” travel.
iirc DC's Multiverse never stablishes that traveling to other universes is only possible via Teleport......so the example doesn't work here since we do have a statement saying that only teleportation should work to go to the likes of the Kaioshin realm

iirc DC's Multiverse never stablishes that traveling to other universes is only possible via Teleport......so the example doesn't work here since we do have a statement saying that only teleportation should work to go to the likes of the Kaioshin realm
That…doesn’t matter? Furthermore, I said “if.” As in, if I hypothetically pointed at a place and said “teleporting only,” Flash’s running would not be an anti-feat because his movement, running, has teleportation characteristics within it, making it qualify despite not actually being teleporting.

That…doesn’t matter?
......except it literally does?

Furthermore, I said “if.” As in, if I hypothetically pointed at a place and said “teleporting only,” Flash’s running would not be an anti-feat because his movement, running, has teleportation characteristics within it, making it qualify despite not actually being teleporting.
Flash is said to be speed, only speed, going so fast that he made a space warp, he has statements explaining how he did it, Whis...doesn't have that, so idk why you are trying to say both do the same thing when you gave nothing to indicate as such.............point is, as you said, it isn't teleporting, the guide said it only travels there by teleporting, therefore since you don't need teleporting, the guide is contradicted, btw before you say "Flash" again......Flash isn't even teleporting between universe exactly, so that example doesn't even make sense

This whole discussion is...kinda flawed? For the 181828th time, if someone can travel to separate space-times via speed
the point is.......no one presented a source for Whis' stuff to be via speed so fast he can just do that, as lephyr said, this is just an assumption, which in itself is not proof

That's exactly what Whis does, where he travels to the kaioshin realm through speed and opens a kind of portal

Furthermore, debating points already refuted in other threads will get you nowhere, since you can access these realms through dimensional travel or teleportation.

see? this is the evidence i was looking for, makes enough sense to me now

the point is.......no one presented a source for Whis' stuff to be via speed so fast he can just do that, as lephyr said, this is just an assumption, which in itself is not proof
Broski, traveling between dimensions via speed isn't even 'being fast', I hope you realize that. We don't even have a rating for that because guess what? We list it as dimensional travel.

Broski, traveling between dimensions via speed isn't even 'being fast', I hope you realize that. We don't even have a rating for that because guess what? We list it as dimensional travel.
.......you didn't get the point, what you said.....didn't really addressed it at all

altho it is irrelevant with the scan luffy posted

That's exactly what Whis does, where he travels to the kaioshin realm through speed and opens a kind of portal

Furthermore, debating points already refuted in other threads will get you nowhere, since you can access these realms through dimensional travel or teleportation.

you got like a video link?
or even an episode number?

Not gonna participate too much but didn't Whis literally use Warp to travel to another timeline at the end of the Future Trunks arc?
While Whis did travel through time, I don’t believe we’re at all told his methods. He just says he will do so and then leaves with Beerus via Warp. Unless we’re to interpret that as the moment he literally travels through time (which I don’t, because while the Kaioshin and Angels are allowed to travel to the Future, Beerus, as a Hakaishin, is not). From what I remember, it’s totally offscreened.

So the discussion is that since Whis uses speed, isn't it a different dimension or something?

Because like, from what I remember, Whis uses speed for everything, whether it's going to another universe or going to Zeno's palace.

And in the case of going to another universe, there is this effect that Luffy showed, and the executor translated something that says that Zeno's palace is in a different space than the 12 universes.

So like, I don't understand.

So the discussion is that since Whis uses speed, isn't it a different dimension or something?

Because like, from what I remember, Whis uses speed for everything, whether it's going to another universe or going to Zeno's palace.

And in the case of going to another universe, there is this effect that Luffy died, and the executor translated something that says that Zeno's palace is in a different space than the 12 universes.

So like, I don't understand.
Whis has dimensional travel through his raw speed that is capable of creating portals to enter another realm, I think Whis used the same thing to go to the future of another parallel world, once you cross a void between the timelines and you are able to cross time lines with dimensional travel.

And in the case of going to another universe, there is this effect that Luffy showed, and the executor translated something that says that Zeno's palace is in a different space than the 12 universes.
Oa7tGTI.png

This isn't the translation he made but it is from the same source (The first DBS interval special from around 2022).

I got like 10 other verses that need my attention, and a large number of other stuff I need to take care of. Someone post the new counter arguments please because the fact that y'all still on this topic for 17 pages is madness. I don't have time to keep coming back here and then the discussion has flipped to another topic. Come on now.

I got like 10 other verses that need my attention, and a large number of other stuff I need to take care of. Someone post the new counter arguments please because the fact that y'all still on this topic for 17 pages is madness. I don't have time to keep coming back here and then the discussion has flipped to another topic. Come on now.
Basically, only new info is the afterlife confirmed t be called the upper half of the total sphere, which means it has a similar volume as the living world, further emphasizing it's low2c nature, it's also stated to be the contrast /counterpart of the living world

Isn't that expected from every Dragon ball thread at this point?....

The summaries of the new arguments for and against are linked in the OP

Basically, only new info is the afterlife confirmed t be called the upper half of the total sphere, which means it has a similar volume as the living world, further emphasizing it's low2c nature, it's also stated to be the contrast /counterpart of the living world
That is not the only new one since he voted tho

Isn't that expected from every Dragon ball thread at this point?....
It shouldn't be. I don't know how one topic leads to constant debate on other topics that not all contribute to the main discussion.

The summaries of the new arguments for and against are linked in the OP
The ones at the bottom of the OP? Looking over those new arguments, my overall opinion hasn't changed really. I still think likely 2-C is the way to go.

If we've got 2 votes for 2-C, 2 votes against 2-C and 1 vote for "Likely 2-C", then one compromise solution for this would be to go for "Likely 2-C" if we don't end up recieving more staff votes.

This one is an exception even still, somehow it became a question of whether there are other spacetimes and if warp is just normal flight
oh it isn't, a cosmoslogy DB thread that doesn't pass 10 pages is not the norm at this point

If we've got 2 votes for 2-C, 2 votes against 2-C and 1 vote for "Likely 2-C", then one compromise solution for this would be to go for "Likely 2-C" if we don't end up recieving more staff votes.
yeah i guess.......let's wait a little more tho, if it doesn't get more votes by the weekend i will just finish this thread as concluded with a "likely" rating and start planning my last thread on the matter this thread was supposed to cover more stuff....the afterlife size itself covered far more ground than i expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back