• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball MWI undoing continuation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still in agreement with 2-C U7 and those parallel to it via Heaven having a spatio-temporal separation from the Living Universe.
But there's only 1 universe sized structure. Afterlife is stated to be universal in size in a guide sure but it was explicitly toei anime only and even marked as such.

Also about the afterlife being called "cosmos" is that we cannot assume it means universal in size going off of our own idea of a universe when it's
1. Drastically different from our universe. We cannot assume a metric based off our own universe when it's nothing like our universe.
2. "Cosmos" here is differentiated from the "Universe" which further supports the above.

Also, I want to point out that the Demon World’s appearance is identical to that of the mortal universe as the “reverse side.” Make of that what you will.
that just means that its aestetic is the "opposite" of the mortal universe, akira called it "small" when comparing to it

I am still in agreement with 2-C U7 and those parallel to it via Heaven having a spatio-temporal separation from the Living Universe.
taking out Toei stuff, what is the proof of spatial-temporal separation for the afterlife? Heaven is a planet btw, it is in the same space time as the afterlife, and outside of Toei again, what is the proof of it being universal in size for the afterlife to be universal in size for it to be low 2-C?

This is the current situation so far

Agree: @DarkDragonMedeus

Disagree:

Neutral: @Maverick_Zero_X
agree with what? this thread is to set the results of the last one, it isn't even proposing a solid proposal yet outside of the "cosmos" scan in the op

In fact, this was discussed here, since they are space-time barriers of the Universe
as the thread says, that is for Toei, which was separated from main cannon

Actually, canon too.
not in the thread you showed

But there's only 1 universe sized structure. Afterlife is stated to be universal in size in a guide sure but it was explicitly toei anime only and even marked as such.

Also about the afterlife being called "cosmos" is that we cannot assume it means universal in size going off of our own idea of a universe when it's
1. Drastically different from our universe. We cannot assume a metric based off our own universe when it's nothing like our universe.
2. "Cosmos" here is differentiated from the "Universe" which further supports the above.
Actually, what’s the ruling on what can be let in from Toei? The whole thread has been about disbarring all Toei evidence, but we know for a fact the cosmology Akira gave them was the objective one he wanted to use for canon, which we see in the DBS Manga. Meaning necessarily SOME PART of Toei’s cosmology MUST be allowed.

Actually, what’s the ruling on what can be let in from Toei? The whole thread has been about disbarring all Toei evidence, but we know for a fact the cosmology Akira gave them was the objective one he wanted to use for canon, which we see in the DBS Manga. Meaning necessarily SOME PART of Toei’s cosmology MUST be allowed.
We can't conveniently pick and choose here. It's either all in or none at all. To be frank we have almost no idea what was Toriyama's idea or what was the staff team's idea.

I disagree with this, Akira Toriyama worked on the cosmology of both, all the cosmology material in this guide is canon, due to being mentioned several times and even in manga stuff (cosmology was taken from Toei, but information from canon guides still remains),This is the point where Akira Toriyama worked tirelessly to maintain the same cosmology.
Being called a cosmos only further confirms what was said about the size of the heaven which is the size of the Universe, nothing you said refutes anything already mentioned in canon materials.

Actually, what’s the ruling on what can be let in from Toei?
that is also what this thread is trying to set......altho from the number of page in a single day with only 1 topic, maybe i have made a mistake making it so broad...........if this reaches 6 pages by the end of tommorow i might need to create another thread for organization purposes

The whole thread has been about disbarring all Toei evidence, but we know for a fact the cosmology Akira gave them was the objective one he wanted to use for canon, which we see in the DBS Manga.
that reasoning was rejected a while ago in recent thread, him aproving apparently doesn't mean that the ideas are cannon to the main cannon from what i remember of the disagreement, altho i suppose that can change, i will now say a warning for everyone in this thread

stay on focus for now on the "cosmos" point, which is the only one with a vote tally in the OP currently, we need focus here on the topics else this thread will likely get clogged, and if i does i will have no choice but to ask it for closure and try to sort the consequences myself, in which i can forget something by chance and some of you might get mad at me for doing so, so let's try to focus for now ok?

I disagree with this, Akira Toriyama worked on the cosmology of both, all the cosmology material in this guide is canon, due to being mentioned several times and even in manga stuff (cosmology was taken from Toei, but information from canon guides still remains),This is the point where Akira Toriyama worked tirelessly to maintain the same cosmology.

Being called a cosmos only further confirms what was said about the size of the heaven which is the size of the Universe, nothing you said refutes anything already mentioned in canon materials.
everything is not something we can assert, specially when Hell works and looks very differently between both Toei anime and Main continuity as seen in Super

We can't conveniently pick and choose here. It's either all in or none at all. To be frank we have almost no idea what was Toriyama's idea or what was the staff team's idea.
Well, considering Toriyama drew up literally all of it for Toei, I’d argue that anything from the Z Anime from the Afterlife Tournament-Buu Saga should be fine. However, things like GT’s Sugoruku space would be a no-no, (as Toriyama wasn’t involved with GT), and things they made up prior to that are also disbarred (Movie Goku’s Space-Time Transcending Dimension for IT).

that is also what this thread is trying to set......altho from the number of page in a single day with only 1 topic, maybe i have made a mistake making it so broad...........if this reaches 6 pages by the end of tommorow i might need to create another thread for organization purposes

that reasoning was rejected a while ago in recent thread, him aproving apparently doesn't mean that the ideas are cannon to the main cannon from what i remember of the disagreement, altho i suppose that can change, i will now say a warning for everyone in this thread
I was pretty sure what was rejected was the specifically MWI debacle, and at best compositing everything due to MWI. Not disregarding Toriyama’s efforts.

Well…

“In physical cosmology, the term cosmos is often used in a technical way, referring to a particular spacetime continuum within a (postulated) multiverse. The particular cosmos in which humans live, the observable universe, is generally capitalized as the Cosmos.”

I was pretty sure what was rejected was the specifically MWI debacle, and at best compositing everything due to MWI. Not disregarding Toriyama’s efforts.
A thread covering said efforts was made a little while ago

Frieza was specifically sent to earths hell there is a statement in manga that confirms the existence of heaven and hell in afterlife

which is clearly not a thing in the Toei continuity since beings who dies far away from Earth, like the Ginyu special forces, are in the same general hell as everyone else

Well…

“In physical cosmology, the term cosmos is often used in a technical way, referring to a particular spacetime continuum within a (postulated) multiverse. The particular cosmos in which humans live, the observable universe, is generally capitalized as the Cosmos.”
you know......he covered this right?

which is clearly not a thing in the Toei continuity since beings who dies far away from Earth, like the Ginyu special forces, are in the same general hell as everyone else
Dude that is not the point let me reword it for you frieza got the special treatment as clearly the things present in the afterlife hell won't budge him at all so he was sent into a cutesy hell so that he would be tormented

Iirc it was even mentioned in the anime and that place was a hell when you take frieza's point of view by my point of view I wouldn't call a place which has fairies and angels that are singing and dancing a hell

Last edited:
In fact, everyone is confused about Freeza's hell, he's about hell itself, at the beginning it's shown, all the mountains of hell, Ema has created her own little place for our beloved villain Freeza.

For those who have never seen the structures of hell in Dragon Ball, they are sharp-pointed mountains, where the place where Freeza is placed is shown. It is not hell on earth, but hell in cosmology, where it is below the other world, separated by strange clouds

Hell has several locations in it, some areas of which are unknown, some shown in GT, toei, and super.

In short, Freeza is not in a hell on earth, but in the hell of cosmology in a fish big enough to fit a garden for those cute little angels

Dude that is not the point let me reword it for you frieza got the special treatment as clearly the things present in the afterlife hell won't budge him at all so he was sent into a cutesy hell so that he would be tormented
which was specified to happened due to him not repenting his actions, implying that this always happens to those who doesn't repent and the ones who do get re encarnated, which wouldn't make sense with Toei as the souls there are cleaned of their sins as shown in the Janemba movie, so if one doesn't repent they are cleaned out of them

I like how nothing said here actually disproves the belief that Hell functions differently between the canon and the TV anime continuity.

Like, why is Frieza allowed to roam Hell freely in the TV anime in his original form when he was condemned to eternal torment in the form in which he died (Mecha Frieza), contained within a cocoon in Super?

guys, i'm serious, let us focus on the "cosmos" point of the afterlife at hand first please? back and forth about an already rejected topic will get us nowhere

will i really have to create another thread?

And curiously you ignore the part where it’s said "The cosmos"
And, curiously, you continue to ignore the up-in-your-face Japanese text, the literal description of the realm in question.
You're doing a nominal fallacy here, and not even a smart one—like calling the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon a 4-C attack.

which was specified to happened due to him not repenting his actions, implying that this always happens to those who doesn't repent and the ones who do get re encarnated, which wouldn't make sense with Toei as the souls there are cleaned of their sins as shown in the Janemba movie, so if one doesn't repent they are cleaned out of them
Dude how things function in the hell was never part of the discussion it was regarding its cosmological nature which toriyama decided to keep the same and what proof do you have that the souls aren't cleansed of evil,hell kid buu who is personified of evil reincarnated you know the guy who doesn't even have common sense and think of nothing other than destruction and I also think that kid buu is not the type who would repent

This exists in both Toei and the Manga, actually.

I like how nothing said here actually disproves the belief that Hell functions differently between the canon and the TV anime continuity.
Hell has several different areas where it kind of hasn't shown up to this day, your refutation doesn't refute mine.
Like, why is Frieza allowed to roam Hell freely in the TV anime in his original form when he was condemned to eternal torment in the form in which he died (Mecha Frieza), contained within a cocoon in Super?
Frieza is another area of hell, Frieza toei can travel through Hell, but he never showed other parts besides those shown recently, nothing actually refutes that hell has undiscovered areas, hell is very big.

[blah blah blah]
My point was never about whether or not Hell had a diverse geography, my point was that, in the canon continuity, a character like Frieza is bound and damned to an eternity of psychological torment for his endless sins, whereas in the TV anime's continuity, characters like Frieza, Cell, Dr. Gero, the Ginyu Force, etc. are never victim to such punishments.

Hell, in Bio-Broly, Goku and Pikkon had to venture back down into Hell to defeat a rampaging Broly. He was just allowed to do that.

And, curiously, you continue to ignore the up-in-your-face Japanese text, the literal description of the realm in question.
You're doing a nominal fallacy here, and not even a smart one—like calling the Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon a 4-C attack.
I showed that cosmos = Universe any case. And guy, you’re committing false analogy fallacy, bringing cases that have nothing to do with this context…
A synonym for the word "grenade" is the word "missile".
An M67 is not suddenly as explosive as a 3M22 Zircon, though.
Like for example this false analogy…

Well, considering Toriyama drew up literally all of it for Toei, I’d argue that anything from the Z Anime from the Afterlife Tournament-Buu Saga should be fine. However, things like GT’s Sugoruku space would be a no-no, (as Toriyama wasn’t involved with GT), and things they made up prior to that are also disbarred (Movie Goku’s Space-Time Transcending Dimension for IT).
I agree with this, especially the heaven being universal statement, nothing really contradicts it, and it being recognized by the guidebooks is a good thing/more supporting evidence, even if the original statement is from the anime. Honestly this whole thing with the afterlife not being universal is kind of silly, when we have actual valid material to go off of the cosmology, stuff that akira put in place himself. Also to add on, all that's needed for the afterlife to be a separate spacetime is to be physically separated from the other realms, we have statements of the rosat being between dimensions and the subspace being what separates all of them, if it's physically separated where regular 3D movement isn't possible, it is a separate spacetime, so we should just drop that argument.

My point was never about whether or not Hell had a diverse geography, my point was that, in the canon continuity, a character like Frieza is bound and damned to an eternity of psychological torment for his endless sins, whereas in the TV anime's continuity, characters like Frieza, Cell, Dr. Gero, the Ginyu Force, etc. are never victim to such punishments.

Hell, in Bio-Broly, Goku and Pikkon had to venture back down into Hell to defeat a rampaging Broly. He was just allowed to do that.
I liked blah, blah, blah ( this was so cool )

What a shame then, different stories with the same cosmology

¯⁠\⁠⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠⁠/⁠¯

Apologies, but until you can muster an argument that extends beyond "Well, the Wikpedia article says 'cosmos' is a universe", completely ignoring everything the diagram of the map has given you (i.e., 天界), I'm not going to entertaining your weird, humiliation thing any further.
The kanji next to the texts ARE meant to be the real japanese meaning of them, and all the other english texts have about 1:1 meanings with the japanese counterparts next to them

But the issue is that the kanji itself is not in relation to the "cosmos" text next to it (unlike the others which are in relation to their name, for example map of the DB world is consistent), since the kanji for cosmos is never 天界 or has a meaning relating to Heaven/Afterlife. It's a really weird situation and I'm not sure what to make of it. We should definitely have a translator to inspect upon it for some real confirmation but until then we should put it aside for now and focus on something else

The Otherworld as a whole is still stated to be larger than the living universe. And the living universe isn't just "The size of the observable universe." It still has Earth, and by extension the 47 billion lightyear telescope view and everything within the circular area, are all located within the "Edge of the universe." And I already talked about every planet, star, or galaxy in our universe exists in the Dragon Ball universe via Toriyama's notes; but and then some. We don't even need the "Heaven alone is the size of the Living Universe which is in turn very small compared to the rest of the Otherworld" statement. Otherworld as a whole is still universe sized and has criteria in other areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back