• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dracule Mihawk vs Kenpachi Zaraki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we don't know much about Mihawk's powers and abilities outside of being the undisputed #1 swordsman in the verse, this would be hard to debate.

If it comes down to anything outside of raw physical capabilities, Mihawk wins. He's the more proven refined swordsman and he has superior range due to the nature of sword swings. He does not take unnecessary risks in combat, and tends to react to his opponent's movements, rather than be the one to engage--unless at an advantage. Kenpachi is definitely the type to fall for this kind of tactic.

Mihawk should be able to win this.

@Knight - sadly, it isn't confirmed that Mihawk uses Kenbunshoku haki. We've only been given information about him using Busoshoku haki, which boosts his stats.

Weird, I also thought he had that. I thought since lower skilled Haki users had that, the big guys should have it as well

Anyway, I'm also voting Mihawk because of arguments said above.

@BoomeYang - he could have taught Zoro to be a Busoshoku Haki-heavy swordsman with little regard to Kenbushoku, but i expect Mihawk to be a master of both. Too bad we have no confirmation on it.

Doesn't zoro having observation haki confirm that Mihawk has it?? Obviously Mihawk must have taught zoro, not that confirmation should even be needed for top tiers having haki

I'm going with Kenpachi here since he's physically stronger, his Shikai is more agressive than Mihawk's Yoru and he was able to defeat someone that is more haxxed than Mihawk (Gremmy).

Unohana was the first Kenpachi, a founding member of the Gotei from back when it was the Divisions, she is known as the most diabolical criminal known to the Soul Society.

Unohana was said to be a master of all the countless styles of swordsmanship that exist in the world, hence the meaning behind her previous name, "Yachiru". She is a combat pragmatis who firmly believes in taking any actions necessary — even sleight of hands such as hidden daggers — to get ahead in battle.

Her skill level in swordsmanship is far superior to even Kenpachi Zaraki, as she was able to easily overpower, fatally wound, and heal/revive Kenpachi numerous times in the course of their battle only losing when Kenpachi grew powerful enough to kill her.

Mihawk being known for his skill, and refinement as a swordsmen is nice and all but since Kenpachi had to defeat and kill Unohana to unlock his true strength and achieve access to his Shikai, I'd vote Kenpachi.

Mihawk's skill is realistically no where near that of Unohana based on canonical accounts, plus the fact she has over a millenium of experience and skill and Kenpachi ultimately defeated and killed her and finally took on the true mantle of the Kenpachi.

So yeah, I'd say Kenpachi has this.

@Halphas - Unohana, iirc, was actually completely outclassed by Kenpachi as a child, who nearly killed her and thus subconsciously held back so that he could enjoy combat. Unohana had skill, but Kenpachi absolutely destroyed with his level of power. When it came to them fighting "equally" during their final duel, Unohana cut him down several times and was healing him while putting him on the brink of death. He didn't even notice that she was cutting him down over and over again.

Mihawk in terms of AP and Dura is on par with Kenpachi, while Unohana was terribly outclassed. Comparing skill/intellect for Mihawk vs Unohana is pointless in this scenario. It's a matter of looking at how Mihawk vs Kenpachi would play out given the two's preferred fighting methods and limitations.

@CinCameron20 - You recall correctly, and he has only gotten stronger since then. Unohana has so much as said he was the only one to ever give her a wound. Her being weaker than a fully realized Kenpachi is more than reasonable, it was expected really and it was unlocking that power that overwhelmed her back then was her goal.

Kenpachi has actual feats to his name that justify his win, he has fought and bested individuals of comparable or respectively "greater" power, experience, and skill.

Mihawk stats have very little true substance to them, most of his known shown feats are against those obviously weaker than him, and beyond that he is mosty powerscaled to others who are known as being amongst the strongest such his matches against Shanks and the like. His stats are all mostly achieved through powerscaling.

Mihawks "greater skill" means little in the overall scheme of it, since there is very little concrete evidence of how he actually matches up to comparable fighters and based on feats Kenpachi is more than his match.

I'm just going to add more things onto this:

While Mihawk has much less showings in combat as compared to Kenpachi, it doesn't mean that Kenpachi has had anywhere as many serious confrontations as Mihawk, or prove that Kenpachi has overall superior combat experience. Suggesting that "Kenpachi has lived longer, therefore he has more combat experience" is quite a narrow mind-set.

Kenpachi has only been tasked with dealing with hollow fodder and the only time he has had a truly serious fight is when he actually realized his power and fought a tough opponent: against Gremmy and Gerard. All other fights he has had, he let himself get injured while also swinging at his opponent until one of them collapsed. I'm pretty certain he still has that habit of allowing his opponent to wound him if it means gaining an upper hand. Even in his two last fights, he lost the second one against Gerard, and he defeated Gremmy after the latter tried to... turn into a power-house like Kenpachi.

Mihawk came out of the war unscathed and in perfect condition, which is interesting because he was constantly receiving various challengers including Whitebeard Commanders, who were capable of posing a threat to the Admirals.

To be quite frank, I think Mihawk would have little trouble defeating Kenpachi since we're using Mihawk at Low 6-B. He has proven to be very versatile in a fight, while Kenpachi only knows and cares for heavy offense. Mihawk has excellent precision and timing, thus being capable of easily parrying the attacks of others and exposing their weakness. He's very calculating when it comes to sword-play, and having haki doesn't hurt.

If Kenpachi goes in full throttle at any point, don't you think he would be open to attack at several points?

You talk about serious showings for Mihawk and how he comes out "unscathed" despite facing various high-tier challengers of screen despite a real worrying lack of any real evidence of how those battles... You say my argument is narrow minded but I say yours has some fundemental flaws in its logic.

Nevermind the experience or power of opponents they have fought when it comes down to their capabilities when compared to eachother all of 6B Kenpachi statistics are solid set at 6B, Mihawk in comparison is only "Likely 6B", nothing on his file solidly places in that under at that tier own merit via feats that have been seen and can be referenced by readers, He is pretty much a top tier whose rank was earned by word of god and powerscaling alone,

Even then 6B Mihawk with all his powerscaled statistics, they are in generally a tad inferior to 6B Kenpachi's statistics based on his actual showings.

Kenpachi has solidly superior stats, in all cases, even if it is just by a slight amount. Check the profiles and you should be able to see what I mean. Mihawk's 6B questionable stats while roughly comparable if just slightly inferior to Kenpachi's own when it comes to actual ability.

Kenpachi performed a Small Country Level+ AP feat when he destroyed a meteorite in one hit with his Shikai even while still having his power being restricted by his Eye Patch. Without his Eye Patch it is fact that Kenpachi a good deal stronger, Kenpachi's AP with a restrained Shikai has is better than Mihawk's best actually shown feat, and not only that but Kenpachi's Shikai ignores conventionally durability as Kenpachi could cut through a pockect of space that surrounded exposing directly to it's vacuum.

In comparison Mihawk's best known case of actual AP was earned when he used an "unnamed" slash to tear apart the ice covering Marineford, which was then only and was only "barely stopped" by Jozu who only has "large" island level durability. Jozu doesn't even Country level durability and he can take Mihawk's attacks with some effort. Kenpachi has "Small Country level+, likely higher" durability where Mihawk has the same level of durability... Likely.

I could go on and continue to quote from their profiles as I make my point on that Kenpachi is in general Dracules over all superior by just enough that it actually matters and gives him the edge in this battle. People seem to forget the specifics of the stats that earn characters their tiers in match ups, but I have not. Kenpachi is better by enough, and Mihawk is too much of an unknown whose only real feats are Island level showings, a Tier too low for him to actually be in any position to defeat Kenpachi.

Dracule might injure Kenpachi but Kenpachi is a glutton for punishment and Mihawk can't dishout anything Kenpachi has already experienced and triumphed against, since Kenpachi treats every battle like a fight to the death. If Kenpachi goes full throttle, Mihawk will need some actual feats to give him any chance of surving this match Kenpachi.

Regarding your complaints about Mihawk's tiering: this isn't a discussion where you can just question his placement. Also, Kenpachi being "At least Small Country+, likely higher" doesn't automatically suggest that he is going into the next tier. He scales from a 5 Teraton feat, while Mihawk scales to people, one of which applied a ~7 teraton feat. If anything, Mihawk is stronger via power-scaling.

Well I wouldn't say complaining... But yes I guess I was.

Anyway the problem with your argument is that it lacks any substance because you keep on throwing the same tired argument about how strong people who Dracule is powerscaled to are, despite a real of any showing of this attributed strength that justifies the victory you see Mihawk having,

Mihawk loses because he does not have any actual feats to back up any sort of realistic victory against Kenpachi, Their Tiers, stats and feats say it all. Dracule is 6C and at most only "Likely Low 6B". Kenpachi's Tier 6 ranking is at a minimum of "At Least Low 6B, likely higher" and at most a solid 6B ranking.

Kenpachi in the first case Tier comparison is going by rank and stats Likely more than an match for Mihawk, then the straightup 6B Kenpachi is just outright superior.

Forgive me but I have to say at this point you might as well just be giving Mihawk your vote out of preference over any actual reason.

I will do that too, Kenpachi pwns.

Out of preference? I'm going by their profiles. Mihawk would have absolutely no problem with Kenpachi who is restricted to just his Shikai due to versatility and combative intellect.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Isn't this outdated? It should be changed to Bankai Kenpachi.
What do you mean outdated, people can choose the versions they want of the character and this one specificly mentioned Shikai Kenpachi.

His shikai without taking off the patch has an almost country lvl feat and Dracule is the very baseline country lvl so there is no need to change it on bankai Kenpachi.

7 teratons vs 5 teratons.

In the Hitsugaya vs Aokiji thread, it was mentioned that the Country level guys in One Piece scale to 49 megatons. Did something change?

We had a thread were me, blue and couple of other people contested the calc so now they are scaled from 7 teratons again.

And that low 6-B Mihawk comes from the same calc it's just that later it was improved on country lvl instead of small country.

Mihawk is 7 Teratons yes. @JSW they got downgraded to 7 teratons since using the deeps of the Mariana trench was apparently unbelievable.

However I'm digging up a calc that might upgrade the OP top tiers :^) expect it'll take me awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back