• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dracule Mihawk gets challenged by a Slayer (W:5 M:0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracule Mihawk vs. Slayer White (Prime key)

both at 6-B (kullinan restricted)

speed is =ized

battle start

White: 5
Mihawk:
Incon:

Last edited:
Following. Does Mihawk have an answer to dozens of ranged slashes from multiple directions and angles that can't be blocked?

Well, Mihawk and Prime White seem to be pretty close in AP, with their respective scaling being like this:
Mihawk > Shanks = Old Whitebeard = 26,5 Teratons
Prime White >= Restrained Essence of Bravery Form Kallavan > Base Kallavan = Ha Jinsung ~=~< Base Yama = 24,7 Teratons

Looks like Mihawk has an AP advantage, even if barely. Both seem relatively close in terms of sword skills, but I think Mihawk is still superior. Well, overall my vote is for Prime White, since the Arie Swordsmanship (which is a combination of Limited Spatial Manipulation and Limited Law Manipulation), making Mihawk's Attack Reflection kind of useless and even though Precog helps him react to his slashes, it's kind of impossible for him to parry, he can only dodge, but considering that White can spam several slashes at the same time which follow his target, I think that will also be difficult

Also, I think it's better to restrict White's Cullinan to let this match more fair
EDIT: Now that Cullinan is restricted, that's fairer, but I still vote for White because of what I said above

Last edited:
Well, Mihawk and Prime White seem to be pretty close in AP, with their respective scaling being like this:
Mihawk > Shanks = Old Whitebeard = 26,5 Teratons
Prime White >= Restrained Essence of Bravery Form Kallavan > Base Kallavan = Ha Jinsung ~=~< Base Yama = 24,7 Teratons

Looks like Mihawk has an AP advantage, even if barely. Both seem relatively close in terms of sword skills, but I think Mihawk is still superior. Well, overall my vote is for Prime White, since the Arie Swordsmanship (which is a combination of Limited Spatial Manipulation and Limited Law Manipulation), making Mihawk's Attack Reflection kind of useless and even though Precog helps him react to his slashes, it's kind of impossible for him to parry, he can only dodge, but considering that White can spam several slashes at the same time which follow his target, I think that will also be difficult

Also, I think it's better to restrict White's Cullinan to let this match more fair
EDIT: Now that Cullinan is restricted, that's fairer, but I still vote for White because of what I said above
Why does he need to dodge???? The best way to counter arie swordmanship is too tank it and mihawk has enough durability to do that

Unless the scaling Enryu posted is wrong, he doesn't. That's not nearly a large enough gap to just tank dozens of sword slashes.

Why do people always put speed equalized even when the combatants are close in speed?

According to his profile, a casual Mihawk easily scales to folk like Marco whose 0.57c, and Prime White ridiculously chains above normal Rankers at 0.35c.

I feel like using the absolute speed low ends would make this more interesting since Mihawk kinda needs the speed advantage fra

i mean mihawk scales to 26 teratons (though there seem to be revisions going down)

white scales rather notably above the aforementioned 24 teratons

so pretty equal

I know about AP, but that doesn't answer for why speed must be equalized, especially since the match would be more interesting if it wasn't

Stupid technicality but, if we're going by standard battle assumptions since nothing about the location is specified, then this fight takes place in Central Park, New York, meaning:
  1. The Law of the Tower that you cannot to dodge Arie Swordsmanship doesn't apply because they aren't inside the Tower (although White still has spatial manipulation)
  2. White immediately suffocates to death because there's no shinsoo and Tower folk can't breath normal air, thus letting Mihawk stomp gg no re
(Also Following)

It's not in SBA for some reason, but it's generally assumed that the things necessary for a character to use their abilities exist within the context of the match.

It's not in SBA for some reason, but it's generally assumed that the things necessary for a character to use their abilities exist within the context of the match.
If context still exist doesn't change the fact that mihawk is an irregular

We should only use SBA and use it properly, they fight in the environment where their abilities function the best.
This is like Cementos winning and saying that "oh but he wouldn't win in water" (And I'm still pissed that T-rex has a victory and a loss against spinosaurus because one was on the ground and one was in 20 FOOT DEEP WATER)

An irregular is one who can come to the tower by himself. Nothing suggests he can open the doors to the tower as it is likely law based.

An irregular is one who can come to the tower by himself. Nothing suggests he can open the doors to the tower as it is likely law based.
People also living outside the tower are also regarded as irregular,the stuff here is that he is not connected to an administrator

No he would be gaining powers as being an Irregular comes with certain abilities, such as type 4 acausality. The laws of the Tower don't apply to Mihawk anyway, because that actually goes against verse equalization rules.

And no, only people who open the doors themselves are Irregulars. The only reason Irregulars are referred to as 'people from the outside', is that all Irregulars come from the outside.

Bam wasn't born on the outside and yet he's an Irregular. Why? Because he opened the doors himself.

Mihawk has both ap and durability advantage with observation haki which gives him advantage over arie swordmanship

yet he can't parry it and he is fully surrounded by it with countless slashes flying at him

The best way to counter arie swordmanship is with hard skin which mihawk already has the advantage and there are intervals in the sword blades mihawk has enough time and ap to damage white

You're literally just ignoring the fact that that was debunked then? Mihawk does not have enough of a durability advantage to just tank all those attacks.

Bruh it's not even a good advantage.
The difference in AP is 2 teratons (24 and 26) and White scales notably above 24 so the difference is insignificant.
If the Ap was 24 and 52 then I'd consider the option, but it isn't. So basically, overall, Mihawk gets spammed.

You're literally just ignoring the fact that that was debunked then? Mihawk does not have enough of a durability advantage to just tank all those attacks.
I never said he could tank all of them and how many do think white can spam at once???

Dozens with ease. The in-verse "counter" to it is taking the hits and striking back even harder.

The problem here is that White is far above most other users of the Arie swordsmanship and that Mihawk doesn't have much of a durability advantage. So the strategy will not work.

I never said he could tank all of them and how many do think white can spam at once???

Dozens, if not hundreds.
That was the result of White swinging his sword once, against a person who was designed specifically to be able to ignore the Tower's laws and block an Arie's sword, so even if Mihawk is given resistance to Law Manipulation (which he shouldn't be, the SBA thing wasn't a serious argument), he still can't just block/tank all those attacks, especially considering that speed is equalized here.

Last edited:
Yeah, Arie Swordmanship is just too much FRA.
Hundreds of slashes per swing that will always hit because of law manip and bend space to hit from all sides

edit: the swordmanship i guess
Space Bending to attack from all sides as well as no blind spot:
Hoaqin-style-description-1.png

Hoaqin-style-description-2.png
Hundred of slashes with a single swing:
Arie-Swordmanship-1.jpg
The sheer amount of slashes
Arie-swordmanship-2.png
in a single swing
And follows abstracts trajectories that follows the enemy:
Arie-swordmanship-follows-abstract-trajectories.png

Laws of the tower makes so it impossible to parry:
In regards to White's sword...
Well, like all swords of the Arie Family, there is the matter of it being uncatchable due to unpredictibilty, as well as due to strength.
As I said it literally in the release, it may be a pre-defined Laws of the Tower that exists beyond the Laws of Physics. (say wha?)
The Tower of God in a sense is a world where a game-like system is blended into a real world,
so we can have expressions like that.
Source.
In regards to White’s sword…
Well, like all swords of the Arie Family, there is the matter of it being impossible to parry due to unpredictability,
as well as being too strong to parry.
As per the original intention of the series, it’s probably the same as how the Tower’s Rules are set outside the Laws of Physics. (say wha?)
Tower of God itself, in a sense, is a worldview where a gamified system is merged into their world,
so I think it’s possible for it to be expressed like this.
Source.
The law make so the sword will always hit.(and how to counter)
Like I said last time, Hoaqin’s blade has no blind spots.
Whether from the back for super-close-combat, the sword will ultimately land..

Arie swordsmanship is special like that, and there’s no good techniques against it.
Either overpower them with sheer force, or just attack them before they are ready..
Boro’s special so he can block his swords. Imperfectly, but still…
SIU blogpost.

Last edited:
Since the 6-B calc he scales too is getting downgraded I believe this is a stomp, already there wasn't much he could do against hundreds of slashes per swing that will always hit and from all sides but now he will lose even the meager AP advantage he had. This is a stomp and should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back