• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downstreamers hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phase Space:

"You know, we underestimate Dante. The physicists are the worst. They see us all running around as Virtuals in the memory of some giant computer of the future. Not to mention the science fiction writers. Garbage. Dante understood that a soul is not a Virtual, and in the Paradiso, he was trying to express the transhuman experience of true eternity"

Soul manipulation

Phase Space:

Himmelfarb smiled at Philmus. 'Do you know where you are? You could walk through that wall of fire, and not harm a hair of your head.' She reached up to a tree branch and plucked a leaf. It grew back instantly. 'Our natural laws are suspended here, officer; like a piece of art, everything gives expression to God's intention.'

Law Manipulation

Manifold: Origin: "It is the Astrologers. They have news for us which ― well, it has gone around and around in my head, like the Astrologers' own wretched stars wheeling around the world. The Farm is to be destroyed. A great catastrophe is to befall the world ― so say the Astrologers." Manekato could not take in any of this. "Storms can be averted, waves tamed-" "You must believe the Astrologers," Nekatopo whispered, insistent. "I'm sorry, Manekato. You must go to the Market and meet them."

Precognition

Manifold: Origin: After her mother had died, Manekato had ordered the deletion of the great House. The walls of Adjusted Space had disappeared like a bursting bubble, as if fifty millennia of sturdy existence had been but a dream.

Existence erasure

Also should the unreality wave thing count as void manipulation?

Existence erasure and Law Manipulation look fine, to me. The others thing seem too vague or like flowery language, to me.

Also should the unreality wave thing count as void manipulation?

• Can you post evidence on it?

>Soul Manipulation being flowery language

I mean

It may seem paradoxical to you that there is not necessarily a conflict between the scientific world-view and the Christian. In Dante's Aristotelian universe, the Earth is the physical centre of all things, but God is the spiritual centre. Just as human nature has twin poles, of rationality and dreams. Dante's universe, the product of a thousand years of contemplation, was a model of how these poles could be united; in our time this seems impossible, but perhaps after another millennium of meditation on the meaning of our own new physics, we might come a little closer. What do you think?'

I do not have the time to read it. My apologies.

What has been accepted here can probably be applied.

I still do not have the time to read your blog though. Maybe you can ask a few discussion moderators?

Elizhaa said:
I think the context of the other topics are still vague.
The Old Ones created the manifold. The manifold contains cosmology as described in Dante's Comedy. Which involves... weird soul stuff.

Cowmology of Dante is that of Aristotelian. It's metaphysical underpinnings is that it works by by "Substance" and "Accident". I don't get it myself but here is post from another user from another forums who has better understanding of the story :

Just be true and respect the original Dante, he travelled beyond the spheres of heaven which contained emotion, mind and even vision of all creature bellow gods and Angels. Normally to a man that would mean become a lifeless husk.

Even travelled to Primum Mobile, the last sphere of the physical universe. By Prolemy cosmology, this is the rest of the universe and all the stars. Dante travelled to the edge of the universe, literally. Before ascending into the Empyrean which represented theology, basically he's a conceptual being by now to mortal standard. Not limited to that, Empyrean is a plane of fire and source of light and being of light that also represent creation. ******* Big Bang.

Here's Dante on the Trinity

Proving his senses to be transendet to dimensional level.

And this is the Love of God that Dante received represented as a rose petal, which he made sense by this

Stephen Baxter once interpeted this better than me, Dante saw the beauty of humanity in God and saw man made his God, depend on the way you wanna explain it Dante was amongst the men that created the God that transcended all physical laws and conceptual shepres to the point he move the sun and other stars.

First and all, can composite Alucard kill a being that once stripped of all emotion and thought and even abstract reasoning, transendeced physical laws and to conceptual being and tanked what seem like a Big Bang. Or existed in non existence?

To me, it seems just like 1-A rant. But maybe this can help?

You can ask Ultima Reality to comment here.

Antvasima said:
I do not have the time to reead it. My apologies.
I'm now having an existential crisis over having no way of knowing if that was a slight misspelling of read or reread since it's exactly one letter off of both

On the actual topic of the thread, the only one I'm not 100% sure on is Precog. The rest seems legitimate to me.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
What's existed in non existence from?
Maybe the part where he goes in the Empyrean : 'void realm, absent of dimensional structures, where dimensional size is irrelevant, a realm where you cannot do any measurement because mathematical process cannot be applied to such realm'

Well, maybe the user is talking about this baseline 1-A realm. Thought its 'non-existence', but its just void realm beyond dimensional structures.

Soul Manipulation looks valid to me with the extra contexts. Precognition is still vague, to me.

In the first place, why would the Downstreamers need Precog? @Zach? Their computing substrate is acausal computer that can process information in negative time lol

Antvasima said:
I corrected my typo.
whew, mystery solved

Jokes aside, if they already have omniscience, then they should already logically have precognition by default (given that they should know all future events). In the same way that we don't often list Dura Neg for abilities which attack organs, given that they just typically have it by default, precognition should be valid but doesn't need to be listed.

@DarkGrath Thank you for the explanation

Yep, I agree that Precog would be bit redundant.

But someone can add it to their page I suppose.

But we have to conclude 3 other Manifoldverse CRTs first.

So, from what I read, Precognition is fine but redundant since The Downstreamers have Omniscience.

I guess true. Do you have more evidence on Void Manipulation because currently Unreality Wave doesn't look to be Void Manipulation from The Downstreamers's profile?

• Unreality Wave: Mixes all different possible states of a universe from phase space until the universe is completely destroyed.

"The wall blew across the sun, a tornado engulfing a brightly lit farmhouse. But the sun, a million miles across, was no mere mote of rock and water and life, like Earth. The wall took three, four, five seconds to overwhelm the sun's glowing mass. Right to the end the surviving sector of the sun kept its spherical shape, kept shining, emitting photons generated by a fusion core that had vanished into unreality seconds before. Still, it took just heartbeats. When the sun was gone it grew darker. A final nightfall, Malenfant thought. And now there was only the sphere of unreality, growing ferociously and unevenly, sparkling, clumpy blisters bursting from its sides, stars curdling around its edge. Soon, he realized, it would become a wall, blanketing the universe."

-Manifold: Time

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Acrually, one more minor thing about Dante's universe and the soul stuff, wouldn't transcending it qualify for Type 5 Immortality
Wouldn't it just a baseline 1-A immortality? I don't really follow...

The Downstreamers created baseline 1-A realm of structureless void, which has God residing in it creating everything else below it (Nine Heavens, timelines, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back