• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Downgrading White and Red Rangers from Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeeeeer, you DO know the Shield of Triumph is basically the Triassic Ranger morpher, right? And yes, it did create the Triassic Dimension, and Terrorsarus stomped Conner and Trent at once with some help from the White Ranger clone, so it's not like he has anything against him to put him below that level tbh.

Let's also not forget when he returns he is even more powerful than before and can beat all the rangers besides Tommy at once, but then Tommy comes in in Super Dino Mode and defeats him, giving further credence to Tommy> Triassic Ranger.

SpecN said:
Iustitia Prime said:
SpecN said:
Welcome to NarutoForums Logic, Prime.
It's unreal. Half the time I'm in awe of the dedication guys there have to quantifying things with physics, math and equations I could never hope to understand, and the other half of the time I'm dumbfounded by the - and I'm using mild language here - absolutely ******* idiotic assumptions made to yield stats for characters that are either featless, have feats that are just unimpressive, or already have good feats but people want to buff them anyway.
I just can't believe this shit.
Real talk? Even the math is quite dubious. Well, for most DC calcs anyway (And I mean MOST.). Don't even get me started on it.
That makes me a sad panda.

And it's none of my business, and it seems to me the guy has a history of being in the wrong, but I think that that DarkSchneiderKing guy might me vindicated here. I don't think edit wars are justified, which is why I make threads to challenge current standings. I was blocked twice by SeiryuShin just for questioning NarutoForums/OBD heresay and still took it to the forums. I get the need to debate especially if you're a nobody who's challenging staff.

On the other hand, wow, I know how he must have felt to see a fight between Tommy and Pre-Crisis Superman listed as inconclusive. I half-understand his repeateded erasing of the win-loss section of Tommy's page. It's that bad. I say this as someone that had Power Rangers blankets as a kid. And the worst part is that before I made this thread it was going to be an accepted fact that guys that are in the city block range were at least a challenge to a guy that sneezed away a solar system.

I mean wow, whatever the mods decide on both the matters of that dude and of the current ranking of PR, I highly recommend that things from NarutoForums be better reviewed and scrutinized. Just because there is a calc doesn't mean it's correct or even based on a reasonable premise.

Pikachu942 said:
Eeeeeer, you DO know the Shield of Triumph is basically the Triassic Ranger morpher, right? And yes, it did create the Triassic Dimension, and Terrorsarus stomped Conner and Trent at once with some help from the White Ranger clone, so it's not like he has anything against him to put him below that level tbh.
Let's also not forget when he returns he is even more powerful than before and can beat all the rangers besides Tommy at once, but then Tommy comes in in Super Dino Mode and defeats him, giving further credence to Tommy> Triassic Ranger.
Dude with all due respect I'm not even going to keep treating your arguments as worthy of a response. If it was up to me you wouldn't be allowed anywhere near Power Rangers pages but that's not my choice to make. Without being too disrespectful I'll simply conclude by stating that continuing to humor this is a waste of time and you clearly have a vested interest in wanking Power Rangers.

I'll let the board make a decision because I'm just going to sound condescending from this point out. If the mods/admins want to make a ruling based on what appears to be a consesus against the current rankings, I support them on that. If not, it's out of my hands and there's no need to keep repeating myself.

LordXcano said:
Power Rangers Mega Force was the most powerful incarnation of the team right?
Even they had trouble with random robot mooks that came up in hordes of like 12. Does this mean continent-busting mooks?
Actually, no. It doesn't, for reasons The Everlasting explained. The Rangers struggling with foes below the main threat is just for the sake of plot.

Iustitia Prime said:
SpecN said:
It's unreal. Half the time I'm in awe of the dedication guys there have to quantifying things with physics, math and equations I could never hope to understand, and the other half of the time I'm dumbfounded by the - and I'm using mild language here - absolutely ******* idiotic assumptions made to yield stats for characters that are either featless, have feats that are just unimpressive, or already have good feats but people want to buff them anyway.
Sorry, but it doesn't mean you have to be rude. Good points or bad, a rule have been established about offensive tones. Let's not pull a certian banned user please....

Iustitia Prime said:
SpecN said:
Watch the language (Prime) , also don't hate on other communties (SpecN).

I think that what Iustitia says seems considerably more reasonable.

As another of our admins A6colute tends to say, "Common sense > Calculations".

I have had the same problem with various calcs in the past. Not because the calculations were bad, but because the premises were.

(For example, Iron Fist destroying a train was calculated as him being city or mountain level, because it contained nuclear weapons.)

Anyway, Iustitia has a history of being very thorough, logical, informed, and reliable when it comes to reevaluating statistics, so I trust him with rewriting the Power Rangers profiles.

I am at this point perfectly fine with downgrading the planet level feats, he has brought up enough to warrant it.

I am not fine, however, with the higher end feats in the Dino Thunder & SPD series being downgraded, as I feel they are substantiated.

Also of course in Wild Force Cole destroyed Serpenterra so he still has that planet level stuff too.

Alright then, Ant. Sucks that Power Rangers are being downgraded but if it's for the best, then i have no issue with this then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back