• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dota 2 powerscaling and items

When I talk about powerscaling I don't mea the Fundamentals or Elder Tita. I talk about the ingame mechanics. Some seems disproportionated while others make sense. These guys mentioned here are cosmic entities that embody a function in the Dotaverse. While there are others like Anti-Mage, Brewmaster or Witch Doctor who don't have feats or enough information to calculate the tier they could belong. So my question is what is the criteria to create a Dota profile? Lore wise we know little to nothing about some characters or the info given is not relevant for creating a profile. While using only game mechanics we could powerscale a porcupine brawler against the nightmare of a goddess.

The other thing I want to talk about is the equipment they carry. The starting items in the game are pretty much weak and serve a purpose for a very short time. The core items are the default build for the heroes. But the abilities the items grant are not listed in the "Power and Abilities" in their profile. My second question is if some of the powers/buffs the items grant should be listed in the power and abilities section?

I've been thinking about this matter and I came to possible solution. According to the game, the main objective is to destroy the towers and the Ancients, respectively. Both are buildings. So, maybe we could powerscale from there. And that minimum would be: at least "High 9-A" to "8-C". Many are suited to destroy towers and Ancients. But some heroes have a higher type of hax or their lore states they really powerfull. In that case I would take the "High 9-A"/"8-C" as the reference point and if the lore says otherwise I would scale from there.

Most characters in game are heavily downscaled for balancing purposes so the we use lore statistics instead, when enough lore is given we can accuratelly or relatively gain a distinct scale of what they can do with feats, some pages do not mention tiers however they list abilities that can be used to supplement feats.

The Dota-verse is getting a card game soon so we will probably get a lot more lore from there which would be nice, if you want to watch some good lore videos the youtuber and dota caster siract1onslacks makes some really good and informative videos. However you should be careful as at times he uses headcannons but he always says when he does.

Just as a heads up, we're trying to move away from using in-game items in MOBAs like LoL, DotA, and SMITE unless theyre explicitly used by a character in the lore

Back