• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doors of Darkness (Ageha Yoshina vs Karaka)

Welp, here we go. Crossing my figners here.

Low 6-B forms. Ageha can enter Nova as needed.

Speed is equalized.

Starting Distance is 20 meters.

Battle takes place in Psyren drift in some random desert.

Door: 0

Darkness: 0

He's mostly an experienced brawler. He's one of the few shonen protagonists who will actually kill. At this distance, he could start with a melchese lance or disk.

Possibly. As long as he doesn't get hit in the head, lol. Both have cool black spheres that do cool things.

I'm going to have to ask for a more in depth reason though.

I'm sure even if Karaka touches on one of these spheres I'm sure that Infinite Past Lives will trace it back or Karaka self-destructs and come back, depending on how long it takes for the Ageha spheres to delay to vaporize it

Infinite past lives is the main reason I think this match is fair.

The spheres obliterate on contact. So each time he touches it, whatever part touches it will be obliterated.

Well, Karaka Baangs has Biological Absorption, which means that if Ageha touches or tries to stay on top of one of them, he will be absorbed. Does Ageha have a counter for World of Darkness?

He won't be touching them. Based on the description they appear similar to his Melchsee's Door, so he'll assume it has a similar function. He'll be doing everything he can to evade them, since he'l believe that letting it hit him equals an instant death.

What is Ageha's win condition here anyway?

So Karaka's revival is instant? If it takes too long then obliterating his body might be a way to technically win and it's in-character for Ageha to try that if he notices Karaka regenerating.

Hilariously enough, if in-character he leaves Ageha alone after reviving that might count as a victory or inconclusive via BFR. As for a KO win, I find it more likely Ageha tries to erase him first, so he'd only attempt to KO once he noticed that Karaka can revive.

If Ageha has access to Melchsee's Nova I can see him destroying Karaka pretty quickly, since in that form he spams Melchsee's Lances and other variants to try and instantly destroy his opponents. Each touch would destroy a part of his body, and Ageha can control them with additional programmed commands. He also gains flight, which is a nice advantage against an opponent with a similar ability. The fact he'd also be destroying the area around Karaka is also a small advantage since his mobility would be hindered severely.

I see Karaka winning this match, he is able to absorb Ageha with World of Darkness and his PSI Energy in it, if Ageha jumps in one of the baangs when Karaka or touches them, since Karaka manages to control at least 50 to 100 bangs that each has absorption properties, is virtually a victory for it, the Karaka AoE is also very large spanning tens of kilometers, Karaka's World of Darkness is capable of absorbing both physical damage and energy attacks

Ageha does have access to nova form here. Melschese door also absorbs PSI energy in addition to obliterating matter.

Arrange this? What does that mean?

Karaka's black spheres are capable of attack reflection. Only issue is that they're composed of shinsoo, equalized to PSI here, which can be absorbed. And the attack reflection can be dodged, as Yuri dodged it. I'm sure Ageha could amp his rise in a similar sense to do the same.

Yes. He has danmaku in that he can contort his metal armor into dozens of tendrils larger than his body for attacks. He can also summon dozens of the aforementioned black spheres at once. Which can reflect attacks, absorb attacks, and absorb people (not instantly), though there seems to be a limit on how much the orbs can absorb.

Same, actually. It helps that it's metal and not some energy that melchese would just attack. Though his dome of spinning melchese might help just a bit.

And, Ageha should also hold an AP advantage here.

This is making me wish that the ending of Psyren was much more...slowed down.

It moved fast enough to keep out Candyman's gas despite having clear gaps between the rings. So I think it's pretty quick.

It's probably worth noting (and I know nothing of Karaka beyond what's been commented by others), that Ageha's Melschee's Nova drains his life force significantly. So if Karaka can reincarnate indefinitely then even if Ageha can dodge forever eventually he keels over dead. Maybe in hours, maybe in days, but Ageha loses.

Back