• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomslayer vs Chozo Ruins Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDragonMedeus

Hard Working Individual
He/Him
VS Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
It seems Master Chief from Halo tends to get stomped when put against his most famous competitors; Samus and/or Doomguy. (Albeit the latter only recently been the case). However, Apparently, there exists a Metroid character who scales to Samus at her weakest who can put up a fair fight against the one who forced Hell; better yet, it happens to be a God of War.

Doomslayer key is used, but will only be allowed to use his pistol; it's actually more fair for Doomguy this way.

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in Ancient Ruins resembling Chozo Ruins but it's on to Earth level gravity.

Can the man who single handedly fought the armies of Hell for eons pass the test proposed by the God of War, let alone one who reigns over a 960 G Environment?

Doomguy: 0

Ruins Test: 7

Mmmh, rip Doomguy.

Temporary Intangibility + 800x gravity + Damage Reversal on the level that knowing Doomguy, will probably kill him.

Change it to a normal gravity place or heck, Hell and it'll probably be a bit less stompy.

Well, he does have the Class-K lifting strength to survive the gravity, but you're right that he's screwed if he uses the BFG as a start. Perhaps I should just give him the pistol to make it more fair?

Yeah, although even then, one must remember that even a mere GF stun-gun became a potentially lethal problem due to the damage reversal, something that actually does even a slight bit of damage would become incredibly dangerous.

Made the changes, should be more fair know. Although, I will have to point out that Doomslayer survived hundreds of years in Hell without any food, water, oxygen, or sleep; plus he was casually fighting demons the whole time.

Yeah, this one's looking kind of ugly for Doom.

I will say; Doom Slayer isn't just Class K. He's 'Far higher' than Class K, which gives him more of a chance against the gravity.

Just out of curiosity, does the Ruins Test's damage reversal work on melee attacks?

Yeah, I moved it to Earth level gravity, so that part doesn't really matter; but I agree his lifting strength should have him capable of surviving on that said gravity.

Unknown if it does, but the Ruins Test orb shouldn't really be considered susceptible to any form of melee attacks. He had the BFG earlier, but that kind of made it a pretty obvious stomp; I would roughly say it would have turned it into a 6-C to 6-B attack assuming Paralyzer is in the 9-B to 9-A range; but it's a hax based paralysis weapon that stuns 7-C characters. He actually does stand a better chance using that 9-C pistol.

He also should be durable enough to withstand those Town level lightning bolts, should I have him the Quad multiplier too just to be safe on this one? Berserk wouldn't really help anyway since it renders him incapable of doing anything other than punching.

Quad only works on Doom's weapons IIRC. I also need to edit the Berserk thing, since the part about it only letting him use fists only applies to DOOM 3 and DOOM 2016.

How often is damage redirected? Is it a consistent thing during fights, or does it only happen every so often?

The Chozo Ruins have way more hax, I am sure it is going to win because Doomguy has no counter against intagibility.

It probably depends on whether or not he can figure out the thing about shooting its orb once its sigil shows up. Which actually isn't all that impossible (given how he's implied to be the original Doomguy, who dealt with the Icon of Sin reasonably well enough), but I do agree that it's not very likely.

...Unless of course the sigil thing works differently from how I'm interpreting it here, in which case I don't know.

It's like the timing of the orb, let me pull out a video of the Ruins Test boss fight; here it is. When it looks like a mirror, the attack will be reflected when struck. When the hieroglyphic sign appears, the orb will go to one of the slots and a new orb will appear. Land 4 good hits for the hieroglyphic sign, and he passes the test. But be aware that Doomslayer does Not have pre-recognition, so he likely does not know when to strike, but that doesn't mean he can't learn.

Anyway, I won't add Quad since that will once again make it harder for DS. But I probably should count your votes. All three of you voting on Chozo Ruins test?

Yeah, I feel like the Ruins Test has a better chance here. Don't get me wrong; Doom figuring out that puzzle is not beyond his abilities (all of the Doomguys have had boss fights involved figuring out where the enemy's weak points are), but considering the fact that his damage will come back on him several times worse every time he messes up (on top of the Test already firing off Town level lightning attacks at him), there's a good chance he won't last that long, even with his now-infamous durability and stamina.

@int how? The damage reflection / amplification will one shot him if that's the case

Yeah, Doom's definitely not walling a Quad Damage amped BFG shot if it gets reflected on him, even without it being amped further by the Ruins Test.

The thing's also intangible, and even with his girth of new abilities in DOOM 2016, 'harming intangible beings' isn't one of them. (I don't think...)

I did specify that he only has his pistol; it's ironically more fair that way. And I don't know, some of the demons he fought might be considered intangible.

Edit: But I agree, I can't count his vote for a reason like that.

Eh, not really though. The closest thing DOOM has to 'intangible' enemies that I can think of would be the Lost Souls, and those can still be killed with enough regular firepower.

Well, iirc, a lot of demons in the Doom verse are invisible; reason Doomguy is capable of seeing invisible enemies. On second thought, that's not the same as being intangible, although, intangibility mainly refers to the god summoning the orbs. The orbs themselves are more so temporary intangibility; they're intangible in mirror/attack reflection mode.

That moment when you're a immortal unstoppable badass that can slay all of hell, but you get your ass kicked by a test boss.

******* metroid man.

Alright, I added the results. Could someone close the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back