• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doomguy vs Kingprotea | 0-0-0

The what??, resist what ability using what hax??. What i meant in my comment is that if you don't resist something, you don't resist it, simple. If you don't resist Resistance Negation, then you don't resist Resistance Negation, just because Resistance Negation is Power Null that aim at resistance and it is under Power Null category doesn't mean you resist it via simply resist Power Null, that is a leap in logic, the site the standard do not allow such a leap in logic as it is under NLF category, simple, unless someone decide to change standard
Actually now that I look back on it I think Shion had a point. Essence powernull targets the very concept of someone's power entirely, which would include resistances. Resistance negation is just a small subset of the powernull that Doomguy resists. In other words, when Doomguy resists powernull, he resists not only the nullification of someone's physical powers, but also their abilities like resistances and regen.

Actually now that I look back on it I think Shion had a point. Essence powernull targets the very concept of someone's power entirely, which would include resistances. Resistance negation is just a small subset of the powernull that Doomguy resists. In other words, when Doomguy resists powernull, he resists not only the nullification of someone's physical powers, but also their abilities like resistances and regen.
He has no resistance negation and resistance to it on his profile, so he can't resist it, simple, bro, get it accepted and put on the profile, we don't do assumption here, you made a leap in logic to make the power having more ***** than it currently having, by your logic everyone have power null will have resistance negation since they nullified their opponents' power and resistance is also one of the power their opponents thus they also have resistance negation

He has no resistance negation and resistance to it on his profile, so he can't resist it, simple, bro, get it accepted and put on the profile, we don't do assumption here, you made a leap in logic to make the power having more ***** than it currently having, by your logic everyone have power null will have resistance negation since they nullified their opponents' power and resistance is also one of the power their opponents thus they also have resistance negation
The difference is that Doomguy's powernull resistance is conceptual.

Also most powernull is limited anyways so it's not comparable. But yeah I suppose it would be preferable to make a thread about it.

No offense, It being conceptual, informational, narrative, or whatever fundamental it is doesn't matter, idk why this is even an argument
It clearly mattered when this guy argued that existence erasure had to include erasing resistances, which is essentially the same type of argument as I'm making but even worse (existence erasure is even less related to res. neg. than powernull)

But if I oppose that, I should probably oppose treating Doomguy's powernull as also including resistance negation. I'll consider that.

It clearly mattered when this guy argued that existence erasure had to include erasing resistances, which is essentially the same type of argument as I'm making but even worse (existence erasure is even less related to res. neg. than powernull)
Ah, this thread, i actually opposed adding resistance negation to Ten Crown, but i forgot the thread and got lost bruhh, and actually Resistance Negation for Ten Crown was before even that thread

@Robo432343 they're not, one’s overpowering a resistance and the other is just flat out ignoring or making their resistances far weaker than normal.
Weakening/nullifying a resistance makes sense, but how do you even determine whether something ignores or overpowers a resistance? Btw can you please evaluate my nasuverse ability downgrade?
How does gil have resistance negation
Because of some thread made in the past which had really faulty reasoning but got accepted for some reason.

@TyphonEX if it functions like how many RPGs do when they just ignore the resistance outright or make it weaker as opposed to overpowering it, it's resistance negation.
How do you distinguish between hax "ignoring the resistance outright" and "overpowering it"? What do either of those two things look like (examples please)?

Back