• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Doctor Doom and Culexus

They are both in different planets in the same universe. Doom is in Latveria.

1 week of prep. Doom doesnt know where the assassin is or their powers, the assassin is allowed full knowledge on Doom's arsenal before the prep time starts.

This is Doom's first key.

Speed equal.

Thoughts?

Victor von Doom (Earth-616) from Thor Vol 1 600
CulexusAssassinRender

How strong is doom's magical abilities? I know he had a fair fight with ahzek who was really screwed over by a Culexus due to being insanely powerful magically.

A week of prep for doom though...

Yeah I think I'll have to go for doctor doom. With prep nothing stops him from sending a fleet of doombots or something. Power null'd nope the Power Cosmic, but anti souls may not work as well on robots and the mental incapicitation portion shouldn't either. While a CA may be able to take some down, they can't keep it up forever.

That being said, I'm going to go look and see if they've ever affected Necrons in Canon. If they have, I may have to recind my vote.

I mean I don't know how well Doom himself would do in battle what with the mental affects getting worse the stronger you are magically to simplify things, considering how powerful Doom is in that regard, but I didn't find anything regarding them being used on Necrons or anything, so the robots should be a pretty good counter. Not sure what to make of a week prep for the CA, but eh.

Doom can do an absolute shit-ton more with prep than a single Culexus can. To an absolutely absurd degree. There is genuinely no advantage for it there, whereas Doom can use prep time to not even have to enter this fight directly.

Well, Doom has a week of prep to build/utilize things that will likely prevent him from being in harm's way during the fight.

Unless he has no idea whatsoever how the Culexus operates (which I'm pretty sure he can acquire with prep) and somehow everything he builds is something that the Culexus shuts down with its blank aura, I genuinely can't see how Doom doesn't have an absolutely immense advantage the moment the fight starts.

I don't know exactly how much interaction is actually allowed during prep, but if the Culexus can't even do something as simple as attempt to locate and stalk Victor and maybe passively **** with his plans, then it can't really do much with this time.

Seems to me like its best to not restrict engagement time, but just structure it more as an assassination than a straight up fight.

Can't he get access to tier 1 tech or some shit?

Well he was able to steal a tier 1s power(Beyonder), dont know about the tier 1 tech(but most likley).

EDIT wait couldnt he grab some of those artifacts that make him tier 2?

I think that Wok's right about the engagment time. Doom with Prep simply stomps all over the Culexus.

Without Prep: I really don't know. The Culexus negs all of Doom's magical abilities, but he's still got his armor with it's bevy of weapons, gadgets and adaptive defenses plus sensors to try and home in on the Culexus' position.

The question is can Doom power on through the effects of the Culexus' Omega-Minus aura to use his vast aresnal and locate the Culexus in time. If Doom can get an honest to goodness shot, he can win due to the CA being a glass cannon. At the same time, the CA just has to get close enough and Doom's brain is gonna start coming out of every orifice in his face.

There's also the chance that the CA's influence will mess with Doom's armor due to it containing parts of the True Cross, which could be considered supernatural artifacts.

Without prep a doombot wins pretty handily, actual doom probably not if he has the PC but his chances are better if he doesn't so his mind takes less of a hit.

<Doom proceeds to wreck Assasin

"Good lord what a pointless Endevour, I could have done this in a day"

Doom beats a culexus, who completely unintentionally drove ahriman into siezures, who beat doom

Hmm

But without that I can't say that Superman > BB and Lavos

On a non derailing note I'd like to suggest just making it a situation where both just know they need to kill one another without the rules of engagement of a regular fight, seems like a more interesting scenario.

Okay. I will nerf Doom's prep so that its not so one-sided.

How about now?

Still 6-0? (This depends on wokistan's word lol).

Cause most of Doom's powers are tech and not psychic?

What do you think now about the match?

Hmm the assassin MIGHT have a chance now but Doom would set up traps where ever he was preping and if the Assassin set them off and gets caught, he dies.

I would say doom still probably wins. Without knowledge defaulting to his strongest creations like doombot armies and the like makes the most sense for him.

Back