• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOOM Speed Re-Wording

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, sorry. Disregard my earlier post. I got my definitions mixed up.

"Immeasurable speed characters are far beyond even those Infinite speed characters listed above. They perceive infinite speed characters as completely frozen, and they can travel forward and backward in time at will. They have the speed necessary to hop from the beginning of time, to the end of time, and anywhere in between as casually as a human being can roll their eyes left or right. This also means their reaction time is faster than instantaneous. They can dodge an attack that already has been struck, and they can strike someone even before they launched an attack. And they can do all of this via sheer speed."

Im pretty sure there were arguments made, for it being immeasurable speed on the original thread, but it was accepted as infinite for now.

Actually, just with the line "winged through creation" how is that infinite speed, and not immeasurable speed exactly?

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed. For further information, see the "Further Explanations"-section below.)

This is literally what "winged through creation" means

"The angelic creatures helped build the Father's works, assisted his research, and once winged through creation to do the Father's bidding. After the Battle of Isonkast, the Father stripped them of their wings."

"These were beings unlike any we had seen before, sword and shield held no weight against them, for the ethereal flesh of these luminous beings seemed unbound by mortality. Able to move through time and space, they held sway over all dominions of the known and unknown dimensions."

How is this not immeasurable speed?

I literally don't need to explain anything, it speaks for itself.. This is the definition of immeasurable speed

Able to move through space and time does not mean anything. This is other word for saying they can travel through creation, just a supporting scan for first one. This is still infinite speed.

No it's not, did you read the definition of immeasurable speed that i sent?

Infinite Speed(Able to travel any finite distance in zero time, or move an infinite distance within a finite amount of time. Teleportation does not count. For further information, see the "Further Explanations"-section below.)

Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed. For further information, see the "Further Explanations"-section below.)

"The angelic creatures helped build the Father's works, assisted his research, and once winged through creation to do the Father's bidding. After the Battle of Isonkast, the Father stripped them of their wings."

"These were beings unlike any we had seen before, sword and shield held no weight against them, for the ethereal flesh of these luminous beings seemed unbound by mortality. Able to move through time and space, they held sway over all dominions of the known and unknown dimensions."

How is being able to wing through creation infinite speed, when those said beings are stated to be able to move through time and space, while holding sway over all dominions of the known and unknown dimensions not immeasurable in anyway?

How does that not mean anything, when those beings are stated to be able to wing through creation itself..
The fact that they can move through time and space is just more supporting evidence.

It's literally the definition of immeasurable speed..

Through creation literally implies the 2-A structure, this does not grant immeasurable speed.

What?

Except for that they're literally stated to be able to move through space and time and as per the definition of immeasurable speed "Immeasurable (Movement beyond linear time. This is why the speed cannot be measured. Given that S = D/T, if T is undefined the speed formula cannot be applied. This is the same reason why multiple temporal dimensions also grant immeasurable speed. For further information, see the "Further Explanations"-section below.):

Movement beyond linear time, which is exactly what being able to move through space amd time is...
And no, Winged through creation obviously doesn't only imply the 2-A structure.
Even if it's a 2-A structure, it's size does not matter as it's movement beyond linear time which cannot be measured.
Which is like i said the definition of immeasurable speed.

TBH it may be wise to ask for a few other staff members, to avoid this being an echo chamber on that regard and all.

Yeah, i did what about it?

Crossing between Universes and Higher Dimensions​

Speed isn't defined by any number of spatial dimensions but simply distance over time. Meaning that it is possible for 1-dimensional characters to be faster than those who cover many dimensions. And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes. Said distance is often unknown as it could be anywhere between much smaller than the Universal radius and infinite. But such details are only known to those who can travel through additional spatial dimensions. For that reason, crossing Universes is unquantifiable for speed unless details are specifically stated.

Except for that it contains an infinite multiverse, and are stated to being able to wing through creation itself, which is movement beyond linear time. While getting a direct statement of being able to move through time and space itself.

What you copy pasted has nothing to do with my argument..

To clarify, you are saying that they can travel through different points in time via pure speed.

Where does it say he "Winged through time?", it just says he winged through all creation. I know there's an infinite number of universes and that each universe is infinite in size. I mentioned that traveling to other universes is just interdimensional travel and not on par with crossing the entire diameter of each universe. However, we do know at least that he stepped foot (Or more accurately flapped wing) in each and every universe which multiplying the length of the wings by countable infinity would be the equation which is infinite speed. But I am not getting where they traveled forward or backward in time to get Immeasurable unless there is another statement I am missing.

Disagree with Immeasuable speed:
1. This is a purely sematic nitpicking argument that sole based on a line which is move through time. Yet the entire contexts is move through time and space, which time and space all the time is refering to space-time, which in turn move through space-time mean move through universe, dimension

2. Have no supporting feat at all, if you claim they can move through time as in move to different point/era in time, which is one of properties of Immeasurable speed then bring out scan. And even the narration of the verse do not support such notion

Disagree with Immeasuable speed:
1. This is a purely sematic nitpicking argument that sole based on a line which is move through time. Yet the entire contexts is move through time and space, which time and space all the time is refering to space-time, which in turn move through space-time mean move through universe, dimension

2. Have no supporting feat at all, if you claim they can move through time as in move to different point/era in time, which is one of properties of Immeasurable speed then bring out scan. And even the narration of the verse do not support such notion
Please do tell me the meaning of "Winged through creation" as in "creation" in it's totality, not moving from point A to point B but creation itself.
And then you have the statements of them being able to move through time and space itself, which obviously supports this.

Please do tell me the meaning of "Winged through creation" as in "creation" in it's totality, not moving from point A to point B but creation itself.
And then you have the statements of them being able to move through time and space itself.
That your personal interpretation about the line, i ask you again where is supporting feats??. And i already countered your "move through time and space" statement. Time and space sitting together very close continuously in one sentence, it is another way to refer to space-time. Move through space-time is not Immeasurable speed
You're the one who's nitpicking, not me im going off what's literally being stated.
You could edit your comment you know. Also no i'm not nitpicking, i using your statement against you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back