• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOOM - Maykr Flight/Combat Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm808

VS Battles
Administrator
Outside of portals or teleportaion, I think we can get a flight/combat speed with wings regarding the passages below.

This includes the Khan Maykr and Samur Maykr.

Book of the Seraphs - Part II

"The angelic creatures helped build the Father's works, assisted his research, and once winged through creation to do the Father's bidding. After the Battle of Isonkast, the Father stripped them of their wings."

History of the Sentinels - Part II

"These were beings unlike any we had seen before, sword and shield held no weight against them, for the ethereal flesh of these luminous beings seemed unbound by mortality. Able to move through time and space, they held sway over all dominions of the known and unknown dimensions."

Use of Wings in Combat:

On the low-end, we can take creation as just the diameter of an observable universe.

If a universe is comparable to one in hell, this would be infinite length.

While we don't have an exact travel time, we can high ball it to 100 years.

So, Flight/combat Speed would be At least MFTL+, possibly infinite speed.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Been a while since I played Eternal, so correct me on this, but couldn't this be used as a combat speed feat as well considering Doomguy can fight maykrs while they're flying? Or are we assuming they aren't going at full speed or they can only achieve this speed when they aren't in combat? Besides that, I agree with this.

Massively FTL+ looks fine, but I'm iffy about Infinite. I might need more time to think it over.

I think we should use infinite, Hell directly absorbs universes from the Multiverse so presumably the one from Hell was once in the Multiverse and it's infinite. Additionally, the scan mentioned "creation" not "universe" so they likely traversed the infinite timelines.

I do agree that the range is indeed infinite. But DontTalkDT has still made other concerns iirc. It was agreed that crossing an infinite sized universe is indeed infinite speed. Or that crossing an infinite number of timelines within a finite amount of time sounds like infinite speed under the nature of going through and infinite number of places. But I recall him taking other issues and it's agreed to not mix dimensional travel with speed.

@DarkDragonMedeus
@Colonel_Krukov
@Jared1111

Can I have your input on the matter?
Yeah like I’ve said before, this seems pretty reasonable for speed as it’s mentions they winged through creation, and their wings are very readily used for physical transportation as well through gameplay.

This can also potentially be tied into Doomslayer being described as a “time walker” in another entry, and tie in with his ability to exist throughout time and space as well. Though that’s debatable and may not apply.

So yes I agree with the upgrade

Agreed.

Was actually planning on making a CRT on this exact thing. But you beat me too it.

Last edited:
We accept at least dimension 7 (the doom slayer's homeworld) as at least High 3-A (this scan was translated and accepted in a CRT Gewsbumpz dude made), Possibly low 2-C because the Icon of Sin was ******* with it's space-time, and it is a part of creation. Infinite speed is a minimum here.

Also, I don't think the Kahn Maykr would fall under this since the scan is specifically in reference to the Seraphs, and the Kahn Maykrs are not Seraphs.

Source: https://doom.fandom.com/wiki/Codex/Book_of_the_Seraphs#Book_of_the_Seraphs_-_Part_II

"The very first creations molded from the void in Urdak. Seraphs are bound to The Father's Will. The angelic creatures helped build the Father's works, assisted his research, and once winged through creation to do the Father's bidding."

So, I disagree for the Kahn Maykr as I don't recall the Kahns ever being stated to be Seraphs, and the moving through Space and Time isn't solid enough for me. It could be that, or the Kahns could just use the portals, etc etc.

Overall, good CRT 👍

Last edited:
It’s possible with the revelation of the Seraphs being explicitly told to physically move through space with their wings this could also extend to the Makyrs abilities

Now I may be misremembering this one aspect of the codex, but weren’t Seraphs also apart of the Makyrs?

From History of the Sentinels part IX

There Samur Maykr, the seraphim known to us only as the aide to the Mother God, blessed the Outlander with fierce speed and power to match his will.

Apologies if my information is outdated, or my English is rusty about seraphs and seraphims.

Either way if that scan was accepted as a CRT, then yeah that’s an Infinite speed feat just for the Universe, bigger infinite for all of creation.

The Seraphim are basically the top tier Maykrs. Not literally highest tier, but like they're the most "Prestigious" ones in-verse.

Book of the Seraphs - Part IV

When the first Khan Maykr died in the Siege of Kaza-Dur, their life sphere was carried from the field of battle to the Luminarium for the Seraphs to reconstitute. When the Khan Maykr returned to lead a host of Maykrs, their enemies fled before them in fright.

Only the most powerful, god-like, indomitable minds can survive the incredible stresses of having their essence fused into a life sphere, and fewer still can bear the agony of corporal resurrection.

I would assume the the Khan is comparable if not greater than the seraphs due to the heiarchy and the use of a life sphere.

When the first Khan Maykr died in the Siege of Kaza-Dur, their life sphere was carried from the field of battle to the Luminarium for the Seraphs to reconstitute. When the Khan Maykr returned to lead a host of Maykrs, their enemies fled before them in fright.

Only the most powerful, god-like, indomitable minds can survive the incredible stresses of having their essence fused into a life sphere, and fewer still can bear the agony of corporal resurrection.

I would assume the the Khan is comparable if not greater than the seraphs due to the heiarchy and the use of a life sphere.
I think a Likely would be in order since it's not definitive but leans towards it then?

Exactly, Khan should at least be comparable to Samur who was considered the greatest of the seraphs, especially since Samur was directly answering to the Khan Makyr and being her aide.

But yeah, with the knowledge of the infinitely sized universes in Doom lore, it doesn’t matter if creation in that context is somehow only one universe (which it obviously isn’t) it’s bare minimum infinite speed either way.

I wonder, since the Makyrs are stated to travel through time and space, and their travels through space are clearly through their wings, is there any additional mentions of travels through time and whether that’s through portals or through travel.

Doomguy is called a time Walker and one of the codex entries for equipment mentions his travels through time, but I’m not sure of the specifics.

Slayer's Testament VI

And in his terrible rancor between worlds and through time, the Hell Walker found the wretch who shall not be named, but in his heresy was loyal to his evil cause.

I wonder, since the Makyrs are stated to travel through time and space, and their travels through space are clearly through their wings, is there any additional mentions of travels through time and whether that’s through portals or through travel.
They have portals to the other worlds on Urdak, we see them during gameplay. That's additionally why the demons getting into Urdak is a problem in the DLC. Because they now have free access to every other world.

It was Seraphs specifically, not Maykrs that were stated to fly through creation. Nowadays we know they use portals because they lost their wings.

Keep in mind, being superior to MODERN DAY Samur Maykr doesn't mean anything for the speed scaling. It was specifically back when Samur and the other Seraphs had wings.

I don't know if a solid rating is fine for Kahn Maykr. Samur works for her as she's acting as the primeval for Urdak basically. But I don't think her being his superior means she's faster than he was when he had wings.

A possibly would be due for Kahn imo.

Alright, the above profiles have been revised. Feel free to go over them and let me know if anything needs changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back