• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't treat damage multipliers as AP multipliers; DontTalkDT went over in detail that 2x damage per hit =/= 2x energy yield.

Considering how long the thread went on about 7-C Slayer I'd say some issues are there

Just contact some of the other members before signing off

The battery example still doesn't hold up for me; while there is evidence the pool of energy was absorbed into him, and it did amp his strength. There's no proof that every punch Doomguy throws used up all that energy. And as for durability, it's only evidence he can withstand a Town level electric shock, not a 7-C punch to the face. Which is going to be revised eventually.

The battery example still doesn't hold up for me; while there is evidence the pool of energy was absorbed into him, and it did amp his strength. There's no proof that every punch Doomguy throws used up all that energy. And as for durability, it's only evidence he can withstand a Town level electric shock, not a 7-C punch to the face. Which is going to be revised eventually.
When it’s in conjunction with other 7-C feats I don’t see why it wouldn’t be good supporting evidence.

How tho

Especially when so many other 7-C feats have issyes

I can live with “X Tier, likely 7-C” ThO since that’s the only way we’re getting anywhere
Kings main point about doomguy not being 7-C was that he was incapped by the blood temple falling on him. The blood temple collapse is far lower than the titan in terms of AP, so he wouldn’t scale to the titan.

Mics retort was that since doomguy was in the sarcophagus for eons that another titan would have every opportunity to kill doomguy while he was passed out. But they didn’t, rather they couldn’t.

That's.... weak reasoning

Slayer reguarly has observable limits way below that in cinematics and well

If Hell already has the Slayer contained then why bother focusijng energy on him when you can continue invasions of universes

That's.... weak reasoning

Slayer reguarly has observable limits way below that in cinematics and well

If Hell already has the Slayer contained then why bother focusijng energy on him when you can continue invasions of universes
Why wouldn’t they kill him then? Hell and it’s demons are clearly blood thirsty, they have him trapped why wouldn’t a Titan just step on him while he’s asleep?

Because he is the biggest threat to your species and is capable of completely wrecking billions of demons.
Which is why they sealed him

Considering his reputation no Demon may have wanted to go near him

You also haven't explained why this Small Town level character has so many limits below what you imply
Why wouldn’t they kill him then? Hell and it’s demons are clearly blood thirsty, they have him trapped why wouldn’t a Titan just step on him while he’s asleep?
Why would they need to?

They sealed him away for god knows how long and he was only freed by the intervention of Hayden

In the same sense why would Slayer be so casually Low 7-C and have so many low ends in comparision to that

Like I'm willing to compromise a Likely but screw a straight up 7-C

Why would they need to?

They sealed him away for god knows how long and he was only freed by the intervention of Hayden

In the same sense why would Slayer be so casually Low 7-C and have so many low ends in comparision to that

Like I'm willing to compromise a Likely but screw a straight up 7-C
Because there would still be the chance of him escaping just like what happened. The hell priests still knew Samur was still out there. Hell never takes prisoners they only kill everyone everything in sight why would doomguy be any different?

The reason is that they could not kill him. The titans could not harm him. He is 7-C.

Because there would still be the chance of him escaping just like what happened. The hell priests still knew Samur was still out there. Hell never takes prisoners they only kill everyone everything in sight why would doomguy be any different?

The reason is that they could not kill him. The titans could not harm him. He is 7-C.
Not really

It took thousands of years for him to be freed by external forces and no one knew what Sam was doing

There's no reason to not go for the imprisonment

"Why would Doomguy be different?"

Do you realise this is the same person who is revered as "The Hellwalker", "The Great Slayer" and "The Destroyer"?

He is very clearly a good bit above the average fodder Hell kills and the Testaments alone make this abundantly clear

And again I love you are consistently ignoring the many low ends that go against Town Level Doom Slayer

If he's casually 7-C why does he not simply tear apart the tendrils at ARC Complex?

Why does he need the Crucible to injure/kill Titans?

Why is he incapacitated by a falling building?

Why is he stunned by an oil explosion?

Why does he need weapons at all if for thousands of years he's been casually above the strongest demons Hell has to offer?

You could dismiss a few as gameplay/PIS but there's still too many for that to work and this is ignoring this is just what I came up with off the top of my head

I'm sure there are more showings that imply this too so the question starts to become is this Plot or are these instances consistent limitations to what he can do?

Again I'm fine with a Likely 7-C but I stand firmly against just outright 7-C given the arguments for doing so

And in fact I'm pretty sure quite a few users agreed on this until Fire argued no one took issue with it

Why is he stunned by an oil explosion?
Because he didn’t have stable ground to actually hold himself on.The room where he was in didn’t even explode lmao.It just shook a bit.

Why does he need the Crucible to injure/kill Titans?
Those were special titans called dreadnoughts blessed by special magic and were infathomaly more powerful than even the toughest ancestrals (the original titans).They could also ressurect without the sealing effect of the crucible.
Why does he need weapons at all if for thousands of years he's been casually above the strongest demons Hell has to offer?
Because it’s an FPS.It wouldn’t be DOOM without it.Do you really expect for this to be a First person slasher,punching game rather than a shooter?

If he's casually 7-C why does he not simply tear apart the tendrils at ARC Complex?
No on is agreeing to casually 7-C.He’s just 7-C/low 7-C.Also the level would have been extremely short if he just did that.With that same logic,why does Doomguy need key cards? He can just punch through doors since he is 9-B.

Mic has also made very good arguments for a low 7-C thingy in which most agree.Please take the time and read the previous messages.

Another thing to note is that Hugo said they were taking a different approach compared to 2016 with Eternal.They were originally going for a more grounded/vulnerable approach for the Doomslayer(hence the death animations).However completely swapped that around for a power fantasy in the newer games.

Because he didn’t have stable ground to actually hold himself on.The room where he was in didn’t even explode lmao.It just shook a bit.
Watch the video

He's clearly not just losing balance
Those were special titans called dreadnoughts blessed by special magic and were infathomaly more powerful than even the toughest ancestrals (the original titans).They could also ressurect without the sealing effect of the crucible.

Because it’s an FPS.It wouldn’t be DOOM without it.Do you really expect for this to be a First person slasher,punching game rather than a shooter?
1) Yes the featless Ancestrals whom we never even see and thus can't apply GPE

2) That's not a good argument I'm sorry?

Sure you could justify a few under this but considering the amount of limits to the Slayer in lore (Blood Temples) this clearly isn't just a gameplay thing

Again these seem more like conscious limitations to the character
No on is agreeing to casually 7-C.He’s just 7-C/low 7-C.Also the level would have been extremely short if he just did that.With that same logic,why does Doomguy need key cards? He can just punch through doors since he is 9-B.

Mic has also made very good arguments for a low 7-C thingy in which most agree.Please take the time and read the previous messages.
Nice strawman

I'm arguing against 7-C since the feats aren't concrete and we have lore limitations far below this

Again I can live with a compromise but **** straight up 7-C

Another thing to note is that Hugo said they were taking a different approach compared to 2016 with Eternal.They were originally going for a more grounded/vulnerable approach for the Doomslayer(hence the death animations).However completely swapped that around for a power fantasy in the newer games.
That means nothing

If the feats straight up don't line up with what you're saying it doesn't matter what the tone of the game is

GOW completely changed tone with the newest entry with a greater focus on grounding and humanizing Kratos but there's still tectonic level feats present that he'd scale to

Assassins' Creed (Initially) was a relatively grounded story about shadow wars through history and yet there are a plethora of Small Building level feats

Batman is intended to be a regular ass human but basically every version of him is some degree of Superhuman

Grounding can have an impact on how strong a verse is but it straight up doesn't mean a verse becomes several hundred times stronger by default

Yes the featless Ancestrals whom we never even see and thus can't apply GPE
We know they should be comparable to the titans since that is what they are.Titans,the codex states that several times.They should match up with the Hell Barge’s GPE.
Watch the video

He's clearly not just losing balance
He honestly looks like he’s just holding on to the floor as to not lose balance.He gets up and is just fine after.

That's not a good argument I'm sorry?
Neither is your gun thing.It’s an FPS.I don’t know what else to say.Doomguy is mostly only shown using his double barrel in every piece art/media/cutscene either way.Most of the guns are likely just clearing out fodder demons with better efficiency.

I wouldn’t mind a likely either,we have done nothing but argue over this for the past 2 months with absolutely nothing getting done.

Last edited:
We are went in a complete 180, everything we are currently talking about was already discussed with Mic and King. Hellbeast is stalling for no reason.

@DarkDragonMedeus

We would like your thoughts on my proposed scaling based on the new Titan and the Argent Tower calcs.

• Low 7-C
    • Normal Titans
  • At least 7-C
    • Doom Slayer 2016
  • At Least 7-C, likely higher
    • Khan Mayker
    • Icon of Sin Eternal
    • Doom Slayer Eternal

We are went in a complete 180, everything we are currently talking about was already discussed with Mic and King. Hellbeast is stalling for no reason.
I'm not

I'm pointing out we agreed on an at least X Tier, likely Low 7-C situation

I'd also hardly say you;re in a position to judge stalling

IZAVEA9.jpg

This CRT right now

Except no we did

Read again

Half the users on this thread are gone by now so it's not like it's a debunk

Let's wrap this up and then we can have another thread when Gods 2 comes out

me,hellbeast, king of negativity, schnee_one and medeus seems to also not be too sure about the flat out 7-C
and then there is shadow who talks who disagrees with low 7-C sentinals
so thats at least 5v4
or 6v4

King lost the argument and has not been a part of the CRT since and medus has not stated his side yet. As a matter of fact no one has proven mic wrong when he argued for 7-C doomguy. Officially it’s a 3v4

king hasn't lost the argument we came to a compromise aka at least 9-A possibly 7-C then he left since you know we are liteally arguing with very subjective and plot hole fild lore thats it my man
because we can go on for another month and a half arguing sementics or we can just go with a compromise of at least 9-A possibly 7-C where everyone wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back