• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 3

Not all of hell passively manipulates souls. It's a specific place. We don't know if doom guy went to that place or stayed there.

The second one says worlds and in the respect of doom that means dimensions. Again doomguy was there for EONS he didn't get soul suck so that means he resists soul manip on the bare minimum multi planetary level likely Multiversal because there have been other statements of hell conquering dimensions and the fact it's 5th dimensional in size.

Dienomite22 said:
Not all of hell passively manipulates souls. It's a specific place. We don't know if doom guy went to that place or stayed there.
Where did you get that from?

DTG499 said:
The second one says worlds and in the respect of doom that means dimensions. Again doomguy was there for EONS he didn't get soul suck so that means he resists soul manip on the bare minimum multi planetary level likely Multiversal because there have been other statements of hell conquering dimensions and the fact it's 5th dimensional in size.
>5D

Are you my friend from discord in disguise

DTG499 said:
Dienomite22 said:
Where did you get that from?
Opps, meant: " Not all of hell passively manipulates souls quickly. It's a specific place. We don't know if doom guy went to that place or stayed there for eons"

Doomguy's resistance wouldn't be impressive as he doesn't take all of Hell's soul extracting energy at once and neither does anything consumed by Hell. Hell is 5-D though.

So we have passive soul sucking process that takes eons, doomguy was in hell for eons and they take souls from multiple planets or dimensions. There is no implication of it being a different realm of hell it just says hell. The main land of hell is toxic yes but we are talking about absorbing entire worlds/dimensions so we can say the atmosphere would come with it. From that statement of the mortal life being able to walk for eons we can conclude that the demons won't kill of the mortals. Also how does Hell absorbing souls of entire worlds and doing it one person by one make any sense?

DTG499 said:
Also how does Hell absorbing souls of entire worlds and doing it one person by one make any sense?
That's what we're saying. Hell doesn't focus energy on one thing and Doomguy being in Hell doesn't mean he is resistant to soul manipulation on a planet/universe or whatever level. If Earth was consumed by Hell and Doomguy was on Earth, everyone including Doomguy would be getting soul haxed overtime but Doomguy would resist the soul hax but the soul hax wouldn't be planet level. Now if Hell could focus all the energy that would be required to soul hax Earth onto a single thing, such as Doomguy, and Doomguy resisted that, then it would be planet soul manipulation resistance, but that isn't the case.

Since when do we need statements of the soul manip attack or hax similar being needed to be focused down? Tatsuki from bleach has soul manip resist within the hundreds because she survived a soul manip attack that affected 100s, with no statements of it being focused down into her specifically. You just need to be caught in the crossfire for the resistance to merit the equivalent rating. There have never been a case where character A soul hacked a 1000 people and then said my level 1000 soul hack is being focused down on this one person, it's just assumed the level is constant through out its use because we have no reason to assume other wise. The process of consuming souls on the multi planetary level(I'll concede the 2-B) scales to doomguy because the process happens over eons and doomguy was in hell for eons. There is no implication of hell getting a multiple planets from there deal with the makyrs and the process only works with one soul hack every billion years across the entire dimension, come on now how would that make sense.

I updated the calc, but we're gonna have to vote on the magnitude.

https://youtu.be/IlL1wcCG4rc?t=2185

The orb detonates in the clouds, changing the color of them and the lightning. The energy originates from the sky, not the plates, so we use Radiated Waves.

Based on this blog,

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DMUA/Standard_Calculation_for_shaking_the_Earth

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Elizhaa/Goku_shakes_the_Afterlife_Redone

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale#Richter_magnitudes

http://earthalabama.com/energy.html#/

I * (4*pi*r^2) = P

I = Intensity = Joules of Magnitude Radiated Waves

r = Radius in Meters

P = total power radiated from a point source

Omnidirectional Magnitude 5 5.5 6 6.5 7 7.5
Radius (m) 2.00E+12 1.12E+13 6.31E+13 3.55E+14 2.00E+15 1.12E+16
9144 2.10E+21 1.18E+22 6.63E+22 3.73E+23 2.10E+24 1.18E+25
12192 3.73E+21 2.10E+22 1.18E+23 6.63E+23 3.73E+24 2.10E+25
19812 9.84E+21 5.53E+22 3.11E+23 1.75E+24 9.84E+24 5.53E+25
21945.6 1.21E+22 6.79E+22 3.82E+23 2.15E+24 1.21E+25 6.79E+25
High 6-C Low 6-B 6-B 6-B High 6-B 6-A
High 6-C Low 6-B 6-B High 6-B 6-A High 6-A
Low 6-B 6-B 6-B High 6-B 6-A High 6-A
Low 6-B 6-B 6-B High 6-B 6-A High 6-A

At least High 6-C, possibly higher.

I'm fine with what ever the rest of them vote for. For me personally high 6-A because it wouldn't make sense me that all they would have to do to take out the icon is to just fire up the BFG 10K.

Well, I don't seen any extreme collapsations of the various structures, so I wouldn't assume anything higher than Magnitude 5. But at least High 6-C looks promising.

I am fine with high 6-c it is the most feasible and it is not a rough jump (yes I know it is still a great jump but it is better than hitting the doomguy 6-A)

I can't wait to face high 6-C doomguy vs meliodas high 6-C

You don't need to be High 6-A to survive a High 6-A blast; there's a reason surviving Tsunami's aren't considered 8-B durability feats. The size of the attack and target comparison aka Inverse Square Law is also important.

DTG499 said:
Since when do we need statements of the soul manip attack or hax similar being needed to be focused down? Tatsuki from bleach has soul manip resist within the hundreds because she survived a soul manip attack that affected 100s, with no statements of it being focused down into her specifically. You just need to be caught in the crossfire for the resistance to merit the equivalent rating. There have never been a case where character A soul hacked a 1000 people and then said my level 1000 soul hack is being focused down on this one person, it's just assumed the level is constant through out its use because we have no reason to assume other wise. The process of consuming souls on the multi planetary level(I'll concede the 2-B) scales to doomguy because the process happens over eons and doomguy was in hell for eons. There is no implication of hell getting a multiple planets from there deal with the makyrs and the process only works with one soul hack every billion years across the entire dimension, come on now how would that make sense.
Just because one page is worng doesn't mean you get to do as you please

DarkDragonMedeus said:
You don't need to be High 6-A to survive a High 6-A blast; there's a reason surviving Tsunami's aren't considered 8-B durability feats. The size of the attack and target comparison aka Inverse Square Law is also important.
Tsunamis aren't explosions though, theyre just a large movement of water which is why it generates high kinetic energy... and realistically in that explosion scenario, the Icon of Sin would be at the epicenter, so he'd be taking the full blast anyways.

I'm neutral if that scaling goes or not, but I just had to speak up on comparing the explosion to a tsunami.

But tanking a Tsunami wouldn't be an 8-B feat, the Inverse Square law applies to tsunami's too, only your own body area is being hit with the water, all of the water in a tsunami doesn't hit you at once.

I'm fine with whatever rating the rest of you guys vote for. I just want to scale the slayer to hell's planetary soul manip

@DeathStroke, the BFG 10,000 is a giant blast of plasma, and if the initial blast is already Multi-Continent sized before it even strikes, inverse square law still makes this no where near as impressive. Characters only fully scale from explosions if the explosion is all blunt force trauma, and their body covers the object that explodes.

I will unsubscribe. Tell me via my message wall if you need help with something.

Why though? All soul/mind manip hax that have the capability to to affect a large number of by nature can't be focused down because I'm order to merit a rating above baseline you have to affect that large area of people.

DTG499 said:
Why though?
Because it's based entirely on assumptions and relying on other pages' false statistics to try and support something that already has no evidence that isn't straight-up headcanon

What about it is head cannon? We know that hell can passively sap the soul from someone that is already alive and we know that hell can teleport entire planets into its realm as shown with Phobos and argent D'Nur. Then the second statement proves that they consume the souls of entire worlds. What is the issue here?

"Actually doomguy could have one of the highest soul manip resistance on the wiki. Hell can passively consume the souls of entire dimensions/universes."

Lol.

You clearly didn't take DoomSlayer being Soul Crushed by Ichigo too well. Bare minimum Soul Resistance in the billions if not infinitely higher for DoomSlayer based on headcanon and vague statements, gonna have to go ahead and disagree with that.

It's because you don't understand how soul manipulation and it's potency is determined on the wiki. Someone soul haxing millions of people and one of those people resisting being soul haxed doesn't mean they resist a million level soul hax. If someone who can soul hax a million people and focus that soul hax energy onto a particular being and that being resist, only then that would be million level soul hax resistance. This is how it works.

I know what you are saying and just I'm asking when has focusing soul hax on to one being ever specified by the story or even taken into account by the site? How can you even focus down a soul attack?

DTG499 said:
I know what you are saying and just I'm asking when has focusing soul hax on to one being ever specified by the story or even taken into account? How can you even focus down a soul attack?
There are many ways to show or imply focusing a soul attack but Hell has no indication of ever doing so and it has evidence for the opposite seeing as it's soulhax isn't being done one by one but rather in bulk.

If character A is shown soul haxing 1000 people in one instance with ease and then in a separate instance, character A has trouble soul haxing character B and character B resist the soul hax then it is assumed character B has 1000 people level soul hax resistance.

Many other factors can be taken to change or get similar levels of resistance but that explanation is for verses with undefined soul mechanics.

So many ways? Ok name one. Also show me a time were the story specifically said that the character is "focusing down" his soul hax

That is literally what is happening with doomguy and hell. He'll is able to soul absorb planets and they can't soul absorb doomguy. You are confusing me.

I already did

"If character A is shown soul haxing 1000 people in one instance with ease and then in a separate instance, character A has trouble soul haxing character B and character B resist the soul hax then it is assumed character B has 1000 people level soul hax resistance."

And this is not what is happening with Doomguy and Hell unless you got proof Hell stopped soulhaxing planets/universes life and only focused on Doomguy when he was in Hell.

Hell is soul haxing X amount of things while Doomguy is among those X amount of things. That is not at all comparable to what I said above.

That doesn't make any sense. The idea of focusing down soul hax seems like it was just made up on the spot. Because there has never been any implications from stories of hax being "focused".

Hell being able to absorb planets is passive environmental ability. People being caught in the crossfire of such abilities warrants that level of resistance.

I mean if that's the case the all the "soul crush GG" fights from bleach are invalid since there has been no specification in the story of their aura being focused down unto someone.

Back