• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Eternal Revision Thread Part 2

@Dienomite22

The Priests set up a trap and managed to defeat the Doom Slayer, which is why he is sealed in 2016. Are the Maykrs with omniscience immensely less capable that they have absolutely zero chance to replicate this? Using time travel here is not a case of luxury, but a case of survival; the intuitive impression is that they will use it if it is effective.

Acausality (Type 1) accounts for this. However, the alternative you proposed is that the Maykr collective + omniscience is like ants compared to the Hell Priests?

Just to clarify, are Urdak and the Maykrs above all the timelines? We know there are multiple Earths, but is there only one Urdak just as there is one Hell?

@DTG

I genuinely don't know. It fails to align with any power or ability I think of.

@Shadow

We can't say they used their time travel to do something to the slayer as nothing indicates as such. We can't say just because they have omniscience on those possible future timelines that they did something the game never implies. Especially something as big as using time travel to harm doomslayer.

Acausality type 1 is not applicable. Acausality (type 1, the makyrs could've used time travel to harm doomslayer) <--- this would get shot down immediately so I'm trying to save you guys the headache and focus on more concrete stuff.

Firestorm808 said:
Just to clarify, are Urdak and the Maykrs above all the timelines? We know there are multiple Earths, but is there only one Urdak just as there is one Hell?
It seems to be, hell was stated to be not limited by time and dimensions.

^

But the makyrs themselves aren't above timelines, only the Urdak which is outsides space-time due to makyr space technology.

It's analagous to DC's Heaven and Hell being above the multiple Earth's. There are still different possibilities of what happens in Heaven and Hell.

Cyberblader90 said:
can someone post the storm feat for the icon of si
There is no scene where the creation of the storm is visible but the storm itself is seen in the final mission and in the second to last mission on Urdak, after the Icon awakens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4C27HjGi0s&

Anothing thing worth mentioning is argent d'nur has the same type of storm on it albeit more relaxed compared the ones that appeared with the Icon.

Also what should we do with the gladiator since he's the only demon on record to take multiple glory kills, I think we should scale him to DG's physical tier

Oh we really at over 400 posts already? Anyway, that scan looks like Acausality type 2.

Type 2: Temporal Singularity: "Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist."

Doesn't sound like it

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Oh we really at over 400 posts already? Anyway, that scan looks like Acausality type 2.
For the past, maybe, but AFAIK he doesn't have any feats of resisting future-based precog

It mentions something about Doomslayer's future is 100% unchangeable. And Kahn Maker is able to see and infinite number of timelines, but is unable to predict what the Doomslayer will do or how to counter him. He had an unchangeable future, but they didn't know how or when it will happen.

If he was acausal, he wouldn't appear at all in the predictions/possible infinite timelines. It seems here he is just too strong and they can't do anything about him.

Type 1: Time Paradox Immunity: Characters with this type of Acausality are rendered immune to changes in the past and standard temporal paradoxes, but remain just as vulnerable in the present and can be affected by normal Causality Manipulation and similar abilities.

^He definitely fits the bill for Type 1 the Maykrs can travel through time, dimensions and see into infinite alternate timelines yet Doomguy will always be a constant and will always bring about their destruction that seems like Time Paradox Immunity to me

But if that alone isn't enough the ah well

@NotCensored

There would need to be proof that the makyrs attempted to change doomguys past via temporal paradox or anything of the sort. And the problem with these timelines they are viewing are mere possibilities of future timelines and not timelines that exist yet are also something that makes it questionable to count as acausality.

Oh yeah, forgot about Classic Doomguy's Berserk. And BFG on his profile.

The Microwave Beam calc got accepted, it can now be applied with the other changes when this thread is conculded.

KieranH10 said:
Has the 5-B Icon been accepted? I thought we were using the storm calcs?
Depends, its tricky wording. It comes down to what we think "total devastation of earth" via time space hax would result in. Would an explosion be taking place or would and implosion be happening? At the end of the day we would still need the storm calc because I'm only arguing for it scaling to his dura.

I see. If it results in a black hole as implied, out of those two, i'm on the side of implosion.

It could also refer to a surface wipe. Due to the Icon's reality warping being seemingly localised early on, it could be implying that the effect will spread across the planet, eventually causing the black hole. Which sounds like a surface wipe.

Obviously we'd need more evidence to fully prove any of these options though.

5A08D8B3-91A7-45F4-A259-CB80AFB5E982
I don't think "total devastation" would mean just a surface wipe.

So here are the order of events

1.Destruction of earth

2. Warp of time and space around the destroyed planet

3. Black hole is created.

I think total destruction means surface wipe but it's maybe possible that it could mean the planet could be broken into large chunks. Argent dnur has many regions of the planet consumed and thrown into hell which means the total destruction couldn't mean anything like violent fragmentation of a planet or anything higher than that.

The phrase is "total devastation"

Definition of devastation: great destruction or damage.

Definition of total: comprising the whole amount or complete.

We can't take the word completely at face value as we have other examples of hell consuming other dimensions/planets with Argent D'nur being one of the examples that we actually see in game in both Doom 2016 and eternal not being completely destroyed as "Total devastation" would imply with you traverse through portions of argent d'nur inside hell in 2016 and descriptions stating a region of argent d'nur was in hell.

I don't think the developers were looking up definitions when writing the script. Total devastation could refer to a surface wipe just as much as an explosion or implosion. So we should at least look into it.

Back