• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus: Let's keep up with the lore and update things

Okay. That seems fine then. Thank you for the summary.

Only thing that really needs discussing is for the player's tier. There could be an argument for them being Low 1-C by Monika's perspective.
Well, not really, Monika can't reach it or see it as she can't do anything outside of her game/VM, but that doesn't mean that the reality of the player is more real, it's the same as the Metaverse has and they said that the VM's universe is as real their own. Monika also does things like having a twitter in their universe, so clearly she's not as fake and fictional as some image of a girl in a comicbook or something.

There's also the high possibility that I was wrong and Monika's universe should be smaller than a real universe, as it is a "small-scale simulated universe", "small-scale simulation" rather than medium or big, with "Small physical space", and a miniature universe. Her universe being as real as the Metaverse's can just mean how everything is simulated and characters think things themselves rather than the size being the same. It does have space with stars in it but that is fitting for a "universe", otherwise they could just call it a city.

Last edited:
Well, not really, Monika can't reach it or see it as she can't do anything outside of her game/VM, but that doesn't mean that the reality of the player is more real, it's the same as the Metaverse has and they said that the VM's universe is as real their own. Monika also does things like having a twitter in their universe, so clearly she's not as fake and fictional as some image of a girl in a comicbook or something.

There's also the high possibility that I was wrong and Monika's universe is should be smaller than a real universe, as it is a "small-scale simulated universe", "small-scale simulation" rather than medium or big, with "Small physical space", and a miniature universe. Her universe being as real as the Metaverse's can just mean how everything is simulated and characters think things themselves rather than the size being the same. It does have space with stars in it but that is fitting for a "universe", otherwise they could just call it a city.
True. Monika also admits her memories of her life are fuzzy, which is why she doesn't even know if they are in Japan or not.

Though, would that be enough to knock her down from Low 2-C? She can erase time as well, and I don't think the amount of data would matter to her just erasing everything.

So what should we do here then?
For Monika, just adding "Monitor Kernel Access" to her Name section.

Besides that, maybe tier changes due to Monika's universe being "small". Though I'm not sure of that.

Is that why she says her name isn't said "Mon-ika"?
Ika in Japanese stands for squid, Natsuki was making a joke about her favorite being fried squid (which tends to be sold at stalls in school festivals).

This doesn't translate to English, which was the joke, with Monika breaking the fourth wall to point that out.

I doubt the two are connected.

Is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

Ika in Japanese stands for squid, Natsuki was making a joke about her favorite being fried squid (which tends to be sold at stalls in school festivals).

This doesn't translate to English, which was the joke, with Monika breaking the fourth wall to point that out.

I doubt the two are connected.
She says that separately, and it wouldn't affect her name's pronunciation.

"That's not how you say my name at all!"-Monika, 2017.

Thank you. Can you explain what else is left to discuss and decide here please?

It's fairly close, unlike, say, Moni.K.A.

And they were still separate complaints.
I... disagree with the first part for several reasons, but this is largely unimportant to this crt.

The name by which Metaverse dudes and dudettes refer to her has been added. Nothing changes power wise for anybody, and we don't know enough of the new characters to make profiles for them. If a yuri profile is made, that's not really this thread's deal.

So, I think this can be closed, unless there's anything else?

I moved it into a General Discussion, as that's more appropriate now.

Back