• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doki Doki Literature Club Plus: Let's keep up with the lore and update things

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This verse is not suitable for children or those who are easily disturbed.

So, this and this videos would help, the former has all the mails and the latter many secret files but likely not all of them. Watching that Game Theory ep. on DDLC would help if you didn't already, the part about a new game in 2018(I think?) being made gets recontextualized given what we know of the mails (and its dates) and secret files.

So...

• I was correct about DDLC only being 1 universe, this is made explicitly clear as the mails and file talk about it.
  • The note in Monika's profile is still correct, but we can make it even more clear and add in Reality Equalization to better justify things up. Even the Metaverse is in a fictional universe, the DDLC/Monika's universe may be a "small scale simulation" with "limited physical space" but it has been stated to be as real as the universe where the Metaverse is. So it being small and limited likely doesn't talk about the size and complexity of the universe but the little amout of characters they created in it and the lesser amount of interactions they would consequently have. I could be wrong of course, but as I see it Low 2-C is still correct and all unless new info against it is given.
  • I'm sure certain users will see the mail saying that Monika destroyed like 5 universes and think that 2-C is legit because of it, but no, that's pretty out of context; basically and to quote a youtube comment about everything:
    • "1. The side stories are the control simulation, where Monika still actually has her permissions, but is just unaware of them. This also means that they somehow kept her from getting visions of flashing lights and horrific images. The other characters end up being developed far more than before as well. As we have seen from the side stories at the end, the festival was coming soon. It means the MC should also be showing up soon, especially from that last image of the street. However, Monika has yet to become self-aware, meaning that she has yet to realize she has permissions at the start of this simulation and that the MC may never actually show up. It just continues to run smoothly without any damage, and the Literature Club ends up helping everyone with their insecurities rather than destroying them. From what we have seen, Sayori ends up helping Yuri a lot, and Yuri ends up helping Natsuki. Monika didn’t play that big of a role, except for helping Sayori at the beginning and guiding things along from behind. She even ends up realizing how controlling her nature is and seems to have learned more about herself. She seems far more stable than her DDLC OG counterpart, and has even accepted not being the center of attention and just let things take their course.
    • 2. In the email with Lib, it’s written that a certain “character” is missing from mention or appearance. We can only assume this character to be the user, the MC. However, Sayori does mention something in the side stories about an “old friend” she remembered. I believe this friend is mentioned twice, and likely pertains to us as we were her old childhood friend. This control simulation, or side stories, does not have our actual character in it apparently. Which means Monika in the OG DDLC manufactured our MC character to interact with us the player, or at least was doing everything she could to have that happen. From another secret in the files, it’s also implied that a rebel worker wanted to insert an external character, the player, to interact with the girls and play it off under the guise of a video game. Monika creating the MC with limited emotion and personality does make sense though. She knew immediately that we were the player since the first moment of meeting. If we look back at the dialogue of the MC as well, he somehow was with Monika for a whole school year before but always thought she was too out of his league. Could this imply that the “MC” was actually an npc character, such as Natsuki’s friends, that existed only when the story demanded of it, but Monika actually used him as a catalyst due to having little to no personality in the first place? It would be the perfect target to change data around due to how simple they are designed and is the most likely way she would have done any of it. What if the rebel is the one pulling the strings as to how the MC responds? He seemed pretty sadistic and devious in nature.
    • 3. The Monika tweets may likely come from the Control Simulated Monika. This Monika is likely sending tweets through her own in-game phone, unknowingly connected to the actual real life Twitter by someone in Metaverse. I’m not sure if she ever responded to people tweeting her, but if not, that would make the most sense. Her tweets can get out, but our tweets aren’t allowed in.
    • 4. DDLC was created as an experiment to answer questions that everyone in Metaverse and their “universe” have. They seem to know they are simulated, and decided to create their own simulation to seek answers on how to cope with it, perhaps. Maybe they’re trying to find some sort of “cure”? The four main characters have some serious mental health problems, and they were probably designed that way to help them find answers to help people in their own Metaverse world. They don’t view their simulations as “human”. Just programs and machines without actual emotions. Whether or not DDLC girls have sentience or not doesn’t concern them in the slightest, as to them they aren’t anymore real than how We see the Metaverse as.
    • 5. There are 5 universes of DDLC (that was mentioned). I can only assume these to be the four big endings for the game and the control simulation. Three of the endings being each girls’ routes, the fourth being the route trying to save everyone, and the fifth being the side stories. These universes account for all of VM1, the first virtual model. However, it seems to share a memory pool with VM2, either currently in development or finished with development. The very secret info hidden in the files of the original DDLC game may be the leaked VM2 files. Technically part of the game, but not affecting the simulation. VM2 is likely to be Project Libitina. It may have even leaked a little into the simulation as Yuri’s book. The Metaverse may have developed VM2, but are currently having trouble accessing it, probably due to the complexity of the world. Meaning, it’s running fine, but they aren’t yet able to insert themselves into the world as easily as they could with VM1, the DDLC world.
    • 5. VM2 is something Metaverse is trying to find a stable connection to enter. It’s easy to enter VM1 and grant permissions and access as well as controlling the program, but apparently it’s not that easy in VM2. This means the VM2 model is not something already completely under their control. Perhaps Metaverse didn’t create these VM worlds, and are actually just trying to research and study them? Or is it that they are created by them, and just have trouble inserting themselves into the simulation due to the complexity? They also seem to be worried for their own universe. They seem to know their world is simulated, and may be trying to reach the point that even if their own world is invaded (by us), they would have a countermeasure against it? Interesting food for thought.
    • 6. VM2 is indeed Project Libitina, a parallel-access unit. From what we can infer, these “multiple individuals” are the experimented people(?) we find in the info of the OG DDLC game’s files. They are indeed memory pool files from VM2, and VM2 may very well know of the existence of VM1, and probably through that hypothesize that there could be a world above theirs. They are attempting to create an access point for the Metaverse to enter perhaps? Very… meta. The Metaverse seems to be trying not to break the VM2 model like the first one. The Metaverse calls Project Libitina “Test VM”, perhaps. The Metaverse seems to only be able to communicate with read-only text, and are trying to get a picture of Project Libitina. Perhaps this is the text we see in OG DDLC?"
    • And there was no evidence anyway that Monika destroyed those universes all at once.
    • I actually even disagree with the take this good person came up with, those 5 universes to me were more likely Monika deriving from her og story (the Side Stories), destroying the universe, and recreating it to make some random npc character the avatar for the player and plan out all the interactions and plot that that would lead to, with little control over it. The lore implies this to had happened.
  • And that leads to a pretty big reminder; do not assume anything as correct, this is fairly complex stuff with many things that can be interpreted in many ways and others sufficiently covered to be legit.
  • On the weaknesses in Monika's profile it says that she has limited control of the game at first and the like, that can all be removed given that she had her powers from before the game.
  • Sayori, however, is now less likely to be able to do everything Monika did, as she has far less experience. Idk how this would go over her profile.
  • I'm making a profile for the Metaverse. They're like Gaster but with enough info to have a profile and way more character to them, I can see them fighting a Death Battle in 2030.
  • Monika does kinda have new feats by way of the things she did being recontextualized, we will see how to update her profile later.

Last edited:
Uh, what happened here? Why was this thread derailed?
A wild guess; Someone didn't like what I said about Monika not destroying 5 universes and called in people to celebrate disagreeing with me regardless of knowing the context or having played the game or read and undertood the links I gave.

Monika could use a new summary given the stuff from the Metaverse and in the side-stories, it's implied that all the events in the game would have gone like in the side-stories if it wasn't for her destroying the universe and remaking it while grabbing an NPC and making it have the role of the player, so her Plot Manip needs to have that written, as well as her AP and Acausality. I got busy while writing down a wording for that using up only what's objective from the info we have but will evaluate any proposal any other user may come up with.

Those 2 last videos from Game Theory were pretty well done, but I do remember disagreeing with tiny things here and there as I watched them. I don't remember them well but the memories from VP2 Monika was claimed to have I find pretty unproven, the stuff from VP2 leaked into VP1 could have been much more simple things.

A bit off topic, I think even if Monika destroyed 5 universes, doesn't she need to destroy them at once to be 2-C or am I wrong? Because I think destroying them one at a time would just be Low 2-C.

Those 2 last videos from Game Theory were pretty well done, but I do remember disagreeing with tiny things here and there as I watched them. I don't remember them well but the memories from VP2 Monika was claimed to have I find pretty unproven, the stuff from VP2 leaked into VP1 could have been much more simple things.
I just meant the first one.

Yes. Of course. What did you expect? I am trying to keep the revision discussions on track towards conclusions, and also have an awful lot of threads to try to keep track of. There are only so many ways to achieve that given my limited available time for each of them.

Anyway, please stop derailing.

I've never watched nor played Plus, don't particularly intend to do so, 'pologies.

The first game has a secret story written in it where she kills some woman, I remember taking that as worthy for her to have a profile at the time, but don't remember the little story well.

So.... most of this should be a general discussion, as it doesn't affect statistics, fighting tactics, or much of anything for Monika or Sayori.

The only one who really could change is the Player and our rating of them. The game is a virtual reality (VM) matryoshka, going as:
  1. Us, the real world
  2. the metaverse industries
  3. Doki Doki Literature (VM1), and VM2
Some are possibly more real than us, some are possibly simulated in VM2, but neither matters right now. Full reality equalization would be needed, but that's obvious. Still, this could technically mean that the player is now two realities above Monika's universe and not one. If you want to argue that tiering-wise, feel free.

Monika is an acronym of Monitor Kernel Access, so that can be added to her name section. It also has pretty obvious implications on the level of control she can exert over her simulation.

The protagonist of DDLC is almost certainly made by Monika, theorized in-game to be her manufacturing them to force interaction with the user, thus the MC having "limited and dissonant personality traits". Not truly important, though there is now a canon image of what they would/could look like, and a neat extra feat for Monika's reality-warping (brings question to the whole girls seeming to be coded to fall for you, though, or why the script conformed to the player without Monika having part in it...).

There are multiple universes, Monika for unknown reason destroyed a bunch in what is specified to be a one at a time deal, so Low 2-C still. She also has this poem saying the universe fell apart due to her script derailing.
Her Side Story-self is Monika as always, without the self-awareness of her powers or the fourth wall.

Monika does still have her weaknesses. The level of access means little over the fact that she has said and shown to not be able to really alter the code all that well, often breaking the script and then choosing to delete the problem until the script just full-on stopped. So that can be reworded, but should still stay.

Also, maybe a new profile pic for Monika?

Last edited:
The first game has a secret story written in it where she kills some woman, I remember taking that as worthy for her to have a profile at the time, but don't remember the little story well.
This, you mean?
I can feel the tenderness of her skin through the knife, as if it were an extension of my sense of touch. My body nearly convulses. There's something incredibly faint, deep down, that screams to resist this uncontrollable pleasure. But I can already tell that I'm being pushed over the edge. I can't...I can't stop myself.
Don't think it's really enough...

I don't remember it being part of it, it was a few pages long and it showed her to have some criminal-like resourcefulness and boldness.

I don't remember it being part of it, it was a few pages long and it showed her to have some criminal-like resourcefulness and boldness.
Ah, this then (gibberish edited out).

Fresh blood seeps through the line parting her skin and slowly colors her breast red. I begin to hyperventilate as my compulsion grows. The images won’t go away. Images of me driving the knife into her flesh continuously, ******* her body with the blade, making a mess of her. My head starts going crazy as my thoughts start to return. Shooting pain assaults my mind along with my thoughts. This is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. How could I ever let myself think these things? But it’s unmistakable. The lust continues to linger through my veins. An ache in my muscles stems from the unreleased tension experienced by my entire body. Her Third Eye is drawing me closer.
(The gibberish is taken from the library of babylon, as is the title of the poem)

So have any conclusions been reached here yet?

Well, I think everyone agrees with adding the full name on Monika's profile.

Adding the new images is just cosmetic, so I don't think it's that big of a change.

Only thing that really needs discussing is for the player's tier. There could be an argument for them being Low 1-C by Monika's perspective.

Back