• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ushi and Lancer both get summoned into a grail war in the US state of Washington D.C., after weeks of propaganda and campaigning against each other they have had enough and decide to meet at the white house and duel!

Let the battle of two dogs commence.

faithful dog Ushi:

savage guard dog Cu: @Mageman460 @Veloxt1r0kore @GlaceonGamez471 @Adrianelloxd @FantaRin_The_First @Kflare63 @Nierre

Inconclusive:

Both 6-C base Ushi & Cu

The battle takes place at the white house

Both in-character

Prior knowledge of each other

Victory by opponent's death

SBA otherwise

Keep in mind that this is my first versus thread, I can try to alter some things if it's not up to site standards.

kpi1bej38yp81.jpg

vs

Ek2z6n_VoAEzfU0

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that's entirely the case here but I think he does out-skill her since Ushi's best abilities are actually in the way she performs on a battlefield.

Yeah, one of Cu's slashes could severely weaken her but she seems to be a great matchup in that she can handle evading Cu's attacks while also leaving space for jabs for herself via her 'Teleportation' and Personal skills based on general agility. On top of that, they're both A in Agility iirc.

Cu's Disengage ability -- if needed would be ineffective since Ushi's leaps are a clear way to not let him breathe.
This would probably put them on grounds for a constant battle instead, to the point Cu might have to take out his runes

And also prior knowledge, Cu might not even use his own NP since it'd be ineffective and if he does it only puts him at a mana disadvantage, which isn't too far from in-character Cu either.

Cu has a pretty big AoE when he wants to with thrown Happy Bolg, plus the fact that he is well suited for handling hit and run strategies with his skill advantage and such

How big is Cu's AOE in reality? And what rank is it? I'm pretty sure if Ushi uses Benkei she can block up to B-Rank anti-army NPs.

Considering it's comparable to an A-Rank anti-army? Ushi ain't blockin it.
If it's A-Rank then yeah Ushi isn't blocking it.

Does the anti-army function work the same as the other one? Strikes the heart and all that, or does it work differently?

Ushi has A-Rank Luck so I'm thinking she'd be able to 'dodge' it. If it doesn't, then Ushi's page says as long as there's even the slightest foothold she can leap towards it. Could she possibly evade it that way? Also fits her in-character style of doing things.

If it's A-Rank then yeah Ushi isn't blocking it.

Does the anti-army function work the same as the other one? Strikes the heart and all that, or does it work differently?

Ushi has A-Rank Luck so I'm thinking she'd be able to 'dodge' it. If it doesn't, then Ushi's page says as long as there's even the slightest foothold she can leap towards it. Could she possibly evade it that way? Also fits her in-character style of doing things.
Should still function the same way yeah.

if Ushi wants to lose her legs then yeah she can leap at it, it had an aoe kaboom too

Ushi can cut down projectiles using Kikenjo, as to how powerful of a projectile she can cut I do not know but cutting down Gae Bolg would be a great way for her to waste Cu's mana reserves.

i'm always confused with how in-character and with knowledge works

how do use knowledge but still be in-character?
Ushi can cut down projectiles using Kikenjo, as to how powerful of a projectile she can cut I do not know but cutting down Gae Bolg would be a great way for her to waste Cu's mana reserves.

sorry to bother i'm just curious how this works out

because if you have knowledge your more likely to exploit a characters weakness and stuff.

i don't know how you do that if the character in question doesn't do that in-character. (given knowledge yet in-character) sounds a bit contradictory

You'd need proof of it cutting down a Island+ threat

i don't know how you do that if the character in question doesn't do that in-character. (given knowledge yet in-character) sounds a bit contradictory
What I meant is that they're still in-character, they will take decisions based on what we know they would do in-character. Although If I misunderstood what in-character means I can change the initial setting of the versus thread after this and I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I've still got lots to learn about how this site functions lol. Would be a bit embarrassing for me tbh.

You'd need proof of it cutting down a Island+ threat
Yes, she's been able to cut down Ibaraki-douji's flames that came from what I'm pretty sure is her NP Great Grudge of Rashoumon, which is listed as Island+ level. But in that case, it was Benkei who blocked Ibaraki's island+ level attack and Ushi just dispersed it.

Ushi was also exhausted at this time.

Yes, she's been able to cut down Ibaraki-douji's flames that came from what I'm pretty sure is her NP Great Grudge of Rashoumon, which is listed as Island+ level. But in that case, it was Benkei who blocked Ibaraki's island+ level attack and Ushi just dispersed it.

Ushi was also exhausted at this time.
Douji has flames outside of her NP so...

And, yes. Ibaraki does say the NP lost its power at the end, although that would still most likely put it at at least B-Rank which is stated to be island+ level.

Then yes it still doesn't prove she can cut it down.

But Wandering Tales of Shana-oh which includes Kikenjo is A++ so by the same logic it should be enough for Ushi to cut down Gae Bolg's A-Rank just as it did Ibaraki's B+.
Depends, what is it precisely, if we have no context on it then, we'll, yeah, not happening

Also I'm pretty sure deflecting Gae Bolg when it's like that is useless at best-

Except Gae Bolg won't hit Ushi because of A-Rank Luck. The only thing threatening her at that very moment is just the AOE explosion.
That's not how Gae Bolg works. Saber only "dodged" because of her high ranking luck AND her Intuition A, her precog. And even then she was still hit.

Cu should be insanely skilled with the spear. If I recall correctly EMIYA placed him at like the top 3 spearmen in terms of skill. Also every hit from Gae Bolg will prevent Ushi from healing. Cu can use Gae Bolg seven times before needing to recharge. The throw is what uses a bunch of mana, and even that is a homing attack that you have to block.

Ushi certainly has some pretty unique stuff though, but most Cu can counter with Disengage and his own fast paced style, which was praised by Artoria. The weirdest thing Ushi has is summoning Benkei to tank an attack, but thrown Gae Bolg is B+, so it gets past that. And he can amp it with runes.

Speaking of, Cu matches Artoria in combat ... while holding back. When not holding back the man is capable of matching Gil for an extended period of time AND almost decimate Emiya in one on one combat.

Cu's runes are also a thing he can use to amp his NP, self, and various other effects.

Ushi ... doesn't have much I feel like. She fights Ushi Gozen I guess, but even that was with the help of several other servants.

Oh ... you let them campaign for themselves in the place they're fighting. That should put Cu on par with Heracles and Artoria, so uh yeah. I give this to Cu.

How about Ushi feats in Babylonia? Mind you asking this before going to vote Cu
Her feats in Babylonia are pretty limited iirc. She fights a bit against Gorgon, then the rest is blackened Ushi. Don't get me wrong it was a great fight, but that's really all she gets. Unless I'm forgetting a fight or something. And a single hit from Gorgon nearly kills Ushi in the anime adaption doesn't it?

Her feats in Babylonia are pretty limited iirc. She fights a bit against Gorgon, then the rest is blackened Ushi. Don't get me wrong it was a great fight, but that's really all she gets. Unless I'm forgetting a fight or something. And a single hit from Gorgon nearly kills Ushi in the anime adaption doesn't it?
Is it? Can't remember well on that one

Well thats settled it then, Cu FRA

Back