• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Jiraiya deserve an upgrade ? (Or Kisame a downgrade ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm personally fine with his rating but a lot of more hardcore Naruto fans I know take offense at his current rating, saying he should be a High 6-C at least, & are horrified by the fact that he is rated below "weaklings" like Kisame & Killer Bee.

Kisame's rating does seem a bit strange to me & is unaccepted by a lot of people I've mentioned it too(Though as a Kisame fan I'm fine with it as it is). Especially the fact that he is rated higher than Obito, In another forum I created a Kisame vs Obito Thread & literally everyone said that Obito would godstomp & the thread was actually locked.

People who know more about Naruto than I do please weigh in !

Naruto is under revisions right now but besides that im a naruto fan and i dont see a problem with jiraiyas rating and i never heard of someone asking for atleast high 6-c jiraiya its just apsurd

Naruto profiles are a disaster, we can't change individual ratings until a series wide revision is made. Even the tiers aren't fixed yet, let the scaling. We have to implement Gwynbleidd's calc results then do powerscaling

His strongest attack is said to be mountain level in the databook, so I can't see him going any higher than 7-A at best, I'd probably place him at 7-B personally.

@ShrekAlmighty

I agree with you bro ! Jiraiya fanboys seem to be an unreasonable bunch, I wonder why Jiraiya love is so strong.

By the way, Jiraiya isn't getting any upgrade above 7-B. He got murdered by Pain and Pain is 7-B himself

@Joseph619

I personally think he's fine at 7-C. He wasn't anything that special.

I will concede that he does have a few high 6-c statements (being able to beat Itachi (or even compete with him long enough for his Mangeyko to kill him), being able to beat Pain, Obito being too scared to resurrect him but just fine resurrecting Raikage, Nagato, Madara & Itachi) but they just seemed like hyperbole to me.

LordWhis said:
@Joseph619

I will concede that he does have a few high 6-c statements (being able to beat Itachi (or even compete with him long enough for his Mangeyko to kill him), being able to beat Pain, Obito being too scared to resurrect him but just fine resurrecting Raikage, Nagato, Madara & Itachi) but they just seemed like hyperbole to me.
They are hyperbole. Jiraiya didn't fight Deva Path on panel and his fight was offscreen.

LordWhis said:
@Joseph619

Obito(actually kabuto ressurected) but anyway couldnt ressurect jiraiya cause his body was unobtainable as he died in an ocean,itachi was just being humble there when he said he didnt want to fight jiraiya,and lets be honest sage naruto>sage jiraiya and he lost to pain until he started using 9 tails power,but yea i highly agree with u that all of those are hyperboles,also jiraiya fanboys are quite unrealistic

Our current Naruto ratings are admittedly of very low quality.

The problem is that every time I get somebody competent to agree to start a revision project based on all available accepted calculations, they eventually either disappear from the wiki or lose interest.

I have been trying to get a revision going for over 1.5-2 years now, to no avail. My last highlighted thread was started around a week ago, and barely received any replies.

Antvasima said:
Our current Naruto ratings are admittedly of very low quality.

The problem is that every time I get somebody competent to agree to start a revision project based on all available accepted calculations, they eventually either disappear from the wiki or lose interest.

I have been trying to get a revision going for over 1.5-2 years now, to no avail. My last highlighted thread was started around a week ago, and barely received any replies.
I might be able to do it, but I'll only be free by May/June-ish at the earliest, which is when I'll be in my end of school-beginning of college break & have enough free time for this.

I prefer to only let people I know to be competent enough handle important revisions like this. You are too new around here for me tk handle it to you.

Kepekley23 might be willing to handle it though:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1262288

Kepekley23 says that he will take over the Naruto revision project from where Gwynbleiddd and Meosos left off.

In the meantime, no Naruto revision will lead anywhere, so it is probably best if I close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back