• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

It’s rewind time (Naruto Revisions Part 3: Kirin, finally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Remember how we downgraded Naruto to 7-C a while back? Surprise, they’re going right back to 7-B now!

We finally have a new calc for Kirin, we have a new version of Sasuke’s Katon calc, and some scaling changes to go with them. And before anyone asks, Sasuke’s Katon scaling to Kirin was already accepted in this thread.

The manga says this (Chapter 260) and the databook says this (Sha no Sho, Page 268). I've checked translations and they're both consistent with the raws, I.E., those aren't mistranslations.

The proportional statement that it says doesn't say it's proportional to the owner of the jutsu's chakra amount, because the person who's doing the jutsu is Nagato. He's using the chakra of others in order to do it.

With the manga statement above (Chapter 260), we know there's slight contradictions in the manga. We know Kisame's 30% ≠ Itachi's 30%. Kisame is stated to have the most chakra in the Akatsuki (Chapter 255), making his 30% ≠ Itachi's 30%.

Kakashi confirms that Itachi's fireball seems the exact same as it's supposed to, consistent with the databook supporting it, with these (Chapter 260) scans (Sha no Sho, Page 268).

The overarching point is that their potency isn't affected. But what is? Their stamina.

Itachi uses large amounts of chakra for his Mangekyo, his copy had only 30%, inhibiting him from using his Mangekyo. Or rather, from using Tsukuyomi.

Pain also says this about Kisame (Chapter 255), that Kisame would be best suited for the jutsu. If this was just axing technique strength, there would be no reason for someone who is known to be a stamina beast is "best suited" for it. My hypothesis is that Kisame would be able to be on the field longer. Chakra reserves would not be an issue if everyone was just getting their strength reduced to 30%, but Kisame's reserves are something to be noticed.

This is why the databook says that when their chakra runs out, the copy dies. (Sha no Sho, Page 268) Kisame, the member with the most chakra, being copied and him being the best suited for a technique that falters when the clone runs out of chakra, makes more sense.

Kakashi has also witnessed the physical strength of Itachi while he was fighting Kurenai, and he never mentioned his physicals being inferior, or even his speed.

TL;DR: Kakashi says that Itachi's ninjutsu is the same, but Itachi is shown to not be able to use higher level ninjutsu. Kisame, known for his large reserves, is stated to be the best for a technique that depends on the amount of chakra in a person. Strength comes in different forms, and showing that the strength of Itachi's ninjutsu is exactly the same and nobody comments on the physicals of Kisame or Itachi (Kisame, who Guy fought in Part 1. Nobody physically fought Itachi back then except Kurenai, but Kakashi did witness it), it probably refers to his chakra usage. The jutsu doesn't nerf strength (as in physicals or Ninjutsu), but it nerfs stamina.

Credit to @KingTempest for the above explanation.
So here's the currently accepted explanation for how the amp provided by the Curse Mark's Second State works.

With that in mind, here's a quick rundown for the bits relevant to this thread. The Curse Mark is NOT a set multiplier, but rather an addition of chakra, fueled by the chakra Orochimaru inputted into the Curse Marks of various users. This amount of chakra was enough to amplify the Sound 5's (as well as Sasuke's) chakra levels and strength by 10 times back in Part I.

As of Part II, Sasuke has made tremendous leaps in strength and advanced far beyond where he was in Part I thanks to the 2.5 years he spent training with Orochimaru. This means that, logically speaking, the amp he received from the Curse Mark's Second State would be less than it was before. In other words, the increase would be less than 10 times.

To better visualize this, let's assume that P1 VOTE CS1 Sasuke was a 5, and his CS2 made him a 50. Now if P2 CS1 Sasuke were a 10, his CS2 would be a 55. Well, why didn't he become a 100? Isn't this supposed to be a 10x amp? No. As I said, it's not a set multiplier, but rather a chakra amp. So it works through addition rather than multiplication. This has the consequence of the amp being worth less as the characters themselves get stronger.

So what does this mean for the scaling being proposed in this thread? Well, it means that CS1 Sasuke in Part II should be less than 10 times weaker than his CS2 state. Since we don't know how much less, exactly, we'll use the 10x value as a lowball.

This means that CS1 Sasuke will be at least 1/10th of CS2's calced value, and Sasuke's base form will downscale for the reasons mentioned below in the scaling section.

With those out of the way, let’s get into the scaling.
With the above explanation, CS1 Sasuke would scale to less than 10x weaker than his CS2 self, putting him >139.2 megatons (7-A). His base form would downscale, as he could match MS Itachi with shurikenjutsu and physically clash with him (Chapter 387), with MS Itachi being shown to be comparable, albeit inferior, to CS1.5 Sasuke (Chapter 389). That leaves us with this scaling chain:

Hebi Sasuke ≈ MS Itachi =< CS1.5 Sasuke > CS1 Sasuke > 139.2 megatons

Taka Sasuke shouldn’t be much weaker than his Hebi self, as the only difference between them was Taka Sasuke not having the Curse Mark and not being fully healed from his fight with Itachi (Chapter 415) and of course, having the Mangekyō Sharingan. So Taka Sasuke downscales from base Hebi Sasuke. Killer B would scale above this, as he casually kept up with Sasuke and no-sold a kick from him and overpowered him (Chapter 411). Kisame scales to B, as he matched his headbutt after stealing his V1 chakra (Chapter 470), and 3T Itachi scales to Kisame (Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations). That leaves us with this scaling chain:

139.2 megatons ≈ MS Itachi > 3T Itachi = Kisame = Killer B >= 3T Taka Sasuke =< Hebi Sasuke ≈ 139.2 megatons

Condensing it down to what really matters, Taka Sasuke, Killer B and Kisame downscale from 139.2 megatons. I think a reasonable guesstimation here would be to downscale them to baseline 7-A, or 100 megatons. And that will bring us to the final step of this new scaling.

Might Guy was able to send Kisame flying with a kick(Chapter 143), and he could block one of his hits, but he was overpowered by the follow-up strike (Chapter 258). Kakashi could clash with Kisame’s Water Shark Bullet (Chapter 141) and was stated to be a threat to him by Itachi (Chapter 142), but was shown to be weaker than 3T Itachi (Chapter 258), who was equal to Kisame. Asuma could block Kisame’s attack, but was being overpowered (Chapter 141). Overall, this paints a picture of the Kakashi tier characters being comparable, but noticeably inferior to the likes of Kisame.

100 megatons = Kisame >= Kakashi ≈ Might Guy ≈ Asuma

Since Kisame is baseline 7-A, these guys should downscale to baseline 7-B+, or 53.15 megatons. This is what most of the verse will be scaling to now.

Here’s a sandbox that shows the characters with notably revised scaling, everyone else keeps their current justification with the tiers changed, and here’s a sandbox that shows that every character is scaling to.

In summary;
  • 30% clone scaling is removed
  • CS1 Hebi Sasuke scales above 1/10th of CS2 Hebi Sasuke, putting them at 139.2 megatons (7-A)
  • Kisame tier characters downscale from Hebi Sasuke tiers to baseline 7-A
  • Kakashi tier characters downscale from Kisame tiers to 7-B+

Surprised that CM take wasn’t accepted already, with the whole addition of chakra and not a multiplier jazz but yeah this looks good and everything makes sense 👌

I'd say wait like... a day at most. Just because some people won't even be online to see that the thread exists yet, and there's no rush even if it looks initially unanimous.
Yeah, I want to wait just a bit before applying this.

Even though this would totally be a record for the fastest verse-wide Naruto revision to get accepted

not as bad as the naruto revision thread of 2017-2018 that eventually became essentially a general discussion thread

This is a good CRT.

You guys neglect to add that Haku scales to 7-B, as well, though. Kakashi concedes to Haku being superior than him, a sentiment Zabuza reinforces not once, but twice. This same Haku evade one of his attacks, see Naruto’s KN0 key for how strong that is.

Anyways I agree with this CRT, surprised that Part I Sasuke and Naruto get these ratings as well.
The only reason they didn’t get 7-B ratings before is because we were already planning the 7-C downgrade. We don’t have any plans like that this time, so they get to have the same ratings as everyone else.

Oh ok, though I was a bit surprised because I thought they weren't gonna scale anywhere near their Part II selfs.

One question I have, why do the 7-B+ characters scales all the way down to the baseline of the + rating? I know they're weaker than Kisame but it's a smidge weird they downscale so low to that exact value.

One question I have, why do the 7-B+ characters scales all the way down to the baseline of the + rating? I know they're weaker than Kisame but it's a smidge weird they downscale so low to that exact value.
That’s just how downscaling works. If you downscale from someone that’s at baseline, you go to the + rating of the prior tier.

Ok, that's understandable.

I'm also guessing this was moved to be done before the Bijuu thread because this is infinitely easier to get finished and accepted, right?

The link that shows Shippuden Kakashi being "weaker" than that Itachi is already inside Itachi's Genjutsu on Naruto (it started with his finger), Kakashi is sleeping on the ground right after that, the whole rest of the fight is about them being comparable and it even shows them fighting normally after Naruto snaps out of it

Overall, Shippuden Kakashi showed to be quite comparable to whatever Itachi scales at that moment, so I think Part 1 Kakashi downscaling from Kisame and BoS Kakashi scaling to that Itachi is fair, Kakashi does state that he has been training and we have no reason to assume both versions are equal

The link that shows Shippuden Kakashi being "weaker" than that Itachi is already inside Itachi's Genjutsu on Naruto (it started with his finger), Kakashi is sleeping on the ground right after that
That’s fair…
the whole rest of the fight is about them being comparable
But this is untrue. Even before the fight begins, Kakashi admits that he can’t take Itachi alone (Chapter 257) and he has no feats that would show him being relative to Itachi in anything but speed and maybe LS throughout the entire fight.

But this is untrue. Even before the fight begins, Kakashi admits that he can’t take Itachi alone (Chapter 257) and he has no feats that would show him being relative to Itachi in anything but speed and maybe LS throughout the entire fight.
That statement came when Kakashi didn't knew what was up with Itachi there, him using MS and Tsukuyomi were to be expected by him during that first quote, Kakashi knows that better than anyone else. It's understandable that he wasn't expecting to defeat that Itachi alone, but the current one in front of them could be different if Kakashi was already aware of his conditions. He still matched him literally the entire fight (the panel right after Naruto snaps out shows them clashing physically, that's not LS only and we have -many- similar scaling through the series) and didn't used his own MS or Raiton. Naruto and the others did nothing but blast Itachi while he was distracted, all the hard work went to their **** addicted teacher

I guess we have no problems in having Shippuden Kakashi as stronger than his Part 1 self, in case this goes through, right ?

He still matched him literally the entire fight (the panel right after Naruto snaps out shows them clashing physically, that's not LS only and we have -many- similar scaling through the series)
That is LS only, the only reason they were “clashing” is because Itachi himself pulled Kakashi into that position (Chapter 260). That’s not a clash of striking strength. Kakashi was not once shown matching Itachi in striking strength or AP throughout the entire fight.
and didn't used his own MS or Raiton
And…?
Naruto and the others did nothing but blast Itachi while he was distracted, all the hard work went to their **** addicted teacher
Again, and…? That doesn’t mean Kakashi is comparable to Itachi.

That is LS only, the only reason they were “clashing” is because Itachi himself pulled Kakashi into that position (Chapter 260). That’s not a clash of striking strength. Kakashi was not once shown matching Itachi in striking strength or AP throughout the entire fight.
That grab happened after Naruto snapped out of Itachi's Genjutsu while Kakashi is showed fighting with Itachi physically

Kakashi gets back from his fist fight that happened while Naruto's was haxed

Then enters in that grab after Itachi's Fireball

The grab is indeed LS
Again, and…? That doesn’t mean Kakashi is comparable to Itachi.
Just saying that aside from the final attack, the fight was done by Kakashi without any help

Btw, of course, I agree with the CRT, this Kakashi topic is the only thing I want to talk about

if shisui is scaling to High 7-A, wouldn't part 1 itachi also scale to High 7-A as well? given that this is his current scaling justification:
Part 1 Itachi will be affected in the next revision, which is why I didn’t mention him here.

On that note, whenever I do apply this revision, there’s a couple of characters that I won’t touch until the next revision, because they’ll be affected by that too.

Last edited:
That grab happened after Naruto snapped out of Itachi's Genjutsu while Kakashi is showed fighting with Itachi physically
Kakashi is literally never shown fighting Itachi physically though. If I asked you to show me a scan where Kakashi lands a single blow on Itachi, you wouldn’t be able to do it, because it didn’t happen.
No fist fight is ever shown. All we see is Kakashi jumping away from Itachi (Chapter 259).

I don't agree with Kakashi scaling directly to Itachi (because he just has no feats for it), BUT there is an argument for him scaling to Kisame Post-Training. Let's first examine the statements pertinent to this scaling:

So I think scaling Post-Training Kakashi scaling to Kisame would be a good way to reconcile a lot of this.
He has direct scaling to him via an actual feat, so that's simple enough.

Kakuzu and Hidan in turn having direct scaling to Kakashi is consistent with them being stated to be a lot stronger than him. Now, I know some people may object to this scaling because Asuma is "nearly" as strong as Kakashi, but much weaker than the Zombie duo.
I don't really think it's much of an issue though, because the statements already line up with the scaling rather well. Asuma, who'll be downscaling to baseline 7-B+, will indeed be "near" Kakashi's level, at baseline 7-A. If anything, this'll support his rating further since he'll be downscaling from 2 baseline 7-As, Kisame and Kakashi, instead of just 1.
As for the Zombie duo, they'll scale to Kakashi, and this'll also be inline with them being above Asuma. I don't think we should be too strict about the "much stronger" statement because at the end of the day, Asuma really wasn't that much weaker than them in practice, and actually showed some relativity. Besides, we currently have them at the same tier anyway, so if anything, this shows the power difference more accurately.

The last thing is that some people may take issue with Kakashi being a bit above Guy when Guy is stated to be stronger. This isn't an actual issue because Guy was stated to be stronger than rusty, Pre-Training Kakashi.

So yeah, I think this is nice because it consistently makes use of all the statements we have at our disposal without contradicting anything tmk.

This would affect:
  • Kakashi (Post-Training)
  • Kakuzu
  • Hidan
  • Shikamaru
  • Expansion Choji (?)
  • Pain's low-end

I may have missed some people, but those are who came to mind atm.

I don't agree with Kakashi scaling directly to Itachi (because he just has no feats for it), BUT there is an argument for him scaling to Kisame Post-Training. Let's first examine the statements pertinent to this scaling:

So I think scaling Post-Training Kakashi scaling to Kisame would be a good way to reconcile a lot of this.
He has direct scaling to him via an actual feat, so that's simple enough.

Kakuzu and Hidan in turn having direct scaling to Kakashi is consistent with them being stated to be a lot stronger than him. Now, I know some people may object to this scaling because Asuma is "nearly" as strong as Kakashi, but much weaker than the Zombie duo.
I don't really think it's much of an issue though, because the statements already line up with the scaling rather well. Asuma, who'll be downscaling to baseline 7-B+, will indeed be "near" Kakashi's level, at baseline 7-A. If anything, this'll support his rating further since he'll be downscaling from 2 baseline 7-As, Kisame and Kakashi, instead of just 1.
As for the Zombie duo, they'll scale to Kakashi, and this'll also be inline with them being above Asuma. I don't think we should be too strict about the "much stronger" statement because at the end of the day, Asuma really wasn't that much weaker than them in practice, and actually showed some relativity. Besides, we currently have them at the same tier anyway, so if anything, this shows the power difference more accurately.

The last thing is that some people may take issue with Kakashi being a bit above Guy when Guy is stated to be stronger. This isn't an actual issue because Guy was stated to be stronger than rusty, Pre-Training Kakashi.

So yeah, I think this is nice because it consistently makes use of all the statements we have at our disposal without contradicting anything tmk.

This would affect:
  • Kakashi (Post-Training)
  • Kakuzu
  • Hidan
  • Shikamaru
  • Expansion Choji (?)
  • Pain's low-end
I may have missed some people, but those are who came to mind atm.

I remembered something or someone saying Kakashi was rusty at some point, but didn't knew where the scan was, nice catch. Well, sounds fair for me, although as LordTracer mentioned, Kakashi did matched Itachi's speed and LS on that fight, those are some good stuff to mention on his justifications, specially LS since for Kakashi was just a upscaling from other people

For Choji, he managed to kill one of Kakuzu's mask but I dunno if those things are physically on Kakuzu's level (I don't remember much of the fight)

And to what Kakashi version Kabuto scales ?

I remembered something or someone saying Kakashi was rusty at some point, but didn't knew where the scan was, nice catch. Well, sounds fair for me, although as LordTracer mentioned, Kakashi did matched Itachi's speed and LS on that fight, those are some good stuff to mention on his justifications, specially LS since for Kakashi was just a upscaling from other people
Yeah, we'll tackle all that when we reach speed and LS.
For Choji, he managed to kill one of Kakuzu's mask but I dunno if those things are physically on Kakuzu's level (I don't remember much of the fight)
I think he did, yeah. I'm pretty sure he also forced Kakuzu to use his Iron Spear to defend against his attack, which is good support.
And to what Kakashi version Kabuto scales ?
I'd say probably Pre-Training Kakashi, because the statements come from Orochimaru and Jiraiya, and neither of them saw Post-Training Kakashi in action.

Yeah, we'll tackle all that when we reach speed and LS.
Okay
I think he did, yeah. I'm pretty sure he also forced Kakuzu to use his Iron Spear to defend against his attack, which is good support.
Sounds fair then
I'd say probably Pre-Training Kakashi, because the statements come from Orochimaru and Jiraiya, and neither of them saw Post-Training Kakashi in action.
I agree with this aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back