• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does Acausality type 4 give you resistance to Probability manipulation?

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Probably a dumb question, but since it gives you resistances to fate manip, would that also mean it gives you resistances to probability manip?

The most basic shit, operating on different types of laws of physics and causality, and stuff.

Probability Manip is increasing or decreasing the probabiliy of a certain event, Fate manip is legit changing the event itself, so, I guess.

Probably a dumb question, but since it gives you resistances to fate manip, would that also mean it gives you resistances to probability manip?
It should, unless of course it's probability manipulation on that same level of irregular causality.
no, it wont just like how time manip resist doesnt mean resistance to timestop or time rewind doesnt mean fate resist equals probability resist
Except probability is simply a lesser version of fate manipulation. Also, would you be willing to provide an example of your analogy? I've never heard of such a character with that so I question its validity.

Fate manip is just probability manip on steroids.
Probability dictates likeliness of events that are already possible.
But Fate manip can even make impossible become possible, which goes head and shoulders above probability.

So Acausality Type 4 definitely defends against probability manipulation.

Not in this case tho.
Similar yes But it's not exactly the same. Same how we treated resisting Future reading doesn't auto means you also resist analytical prediction.

Since probability means: "the extent to which an event is likely to occur" or possible to occurs. Yes like the guy say above it's just like a lesser version of fate manip, but then again it's not the same and while Future, is like the name says!

And as for the question! It really depends. But I've never seen one so I'm really not sure.

Doesn't really change anything i think.

Probability: The level of possibility of something happening or being true. Possibility: A chance that something may happen or be true.

Changes a lot actually.

Take an example of Coin Toss.
There are two possible outcomes, probability manipulation can be used to gain any of the two outcomes, but not beyond that, you are limited to 2 outcomes. You cannot make impossible outcomes materialise in the world.

But Fate manip can make so that coin be turned into dice, or disappear or anything crazy really. Impossible outcomes become possible.

There are examples of weak charcaters performing feats that are out of their weight class by a mile or survive events that are impossible to survive.
-Yhawach had 2C Fate Manip when "Almighty" was considered correct translation over "almighty", even though he was only High6A.
-There is a statue in DMC novel which manipulates fate to protect a normal human to survive universe explosions and 10 passive dangerous haxxes that even demon lords cannot handle.

Such feats are impossible by Probability manipulation.
If Acausality can protect against Fate manip, it can definitely protect against probability manip.

Changes a lot actually.

Take an example of Coin Toss.
There are two possible outcomes, probability manipulation can be used to gain any of the two outcomes, but not beyond that, you are limited to 2 outcomes. You cannot make impossible outcomes materialise in the world.

But Fate manip can make so that coin be turned into dice, or disappear or anything crazy really. Impossible outcomes become possible.

There are examples of weak charcaters performing feats that are out of their weight class by a mile or survive events that are impossible to survive.
-Yhawach had 2C Fate Manip when "Almighty" was considered correct translation over "almighty", even though he was only High6A.
-There is a statue in DMC novel which manipulates fate to protect a normal human to survive universe explosions and 10 passive dangerous haxxes that even demon lords cannot handle.

If Acausality can protect against Fate manip, it can definitely protect against probability manip.
Woah, ur explanation indeed is really good and way better than the one that I was thinking about!

Does anything you've said proved that resiting Fate manipulation = probability manipulation? So by that logic people that can read future through analytical is pointless against Acausality?

Fate is a part of a time, fate is a fate not probability, probability is when something likely going to occur by 50% to 100% it's like a lesser type of fate but it's not the same.

Potent probability manipulation can do the same thing, make impossible thing to possible. In fact Potent Probability manipulation >>< Potent Fate manipulation. Wait tlll this gal CRT came out

Does anything you've said proved that resiting Fate manipulation = probability manipulation? So by that logic people that can read future through analytical is pointless against Acausality?
Your example is furthest from from comparision of fate and probability.
Analytical Prediction is entirely, purely about observation of events in past or present and analyzing it and predicting via "calculations" or instinctual Judgement what may happen next.
Basically taking known samples to determine next outcomes more accurately.
Hell it even has margin of error since no user is perfect in calcs and such.
This is a purely skill based. Good skill of observation and intelligence is enough for this.
Future Reading on the other hand is outright looking into the future and knowing what happens. The act first and foremost involves looking into the future which a very supernatural ability, which no amount of skill can accomplish.
You can replicate the result or even surpass it entirely but not the method itself.
Thats the main difference, wildly different methods but similar looking results.
Both are listed under precognition, but thats due to end result, not methodology.

I can see why you maybe equavivalenting them, but lemme give you example to discourage it.
Say someone can manipulate ice and someone can petrify. Both use the ability to solidify the target and shatter them with a physical strike. But Resisting one method does not prevent other.

That is why Acausality does not null Analytical Prediction, since it cannot null skill, but it can null future reading since an Acausal maybe be invisible or may entirely prevent the future reading.

Fate is a part of a time, fate is a fate not probability, probability is when something likely going to happen by 50% to 100% it's like a lesser type of fate but it's not the same.
Unlike above example, Fate is just stronger method and more diverse method of manipulating outcomes. Yes they are similar enough in both method and result.
Like comparing Cold Manipulation and Absolute Zero. Latter is superior to former.

Unlike above example, Fate is just stronger method and more diverse method of manipulating outcomes. Yes they are similar enough in both method and result.
Like comparing Cold Manipulation and Absolute Zero. Latter is superior to former.
The difference is that Fate is a set event and 100% going to happened while Probability is not and just likely, probable going to occur and not entirely solid going to happen. Yes it's kinda the same but not entirely you can't just assume just because you'ce resist one thing automatically means you also resist the other thing that is similar to one you've resisted

If we go by this logic people that resist Reality warping can also resist plot manip, People that resist Mind manipulation can also resist telepathy, Touching a certain abstract means you can also touch every and other type of abstracts and so on. Like i said above it depends of that type 4 Acausal being.

The difference is that Fate is a set event and 100% going to happened while Probability is not and just likely, probable going to occur and not entirely solid going to happen. Yes it's kinda the same but not entirely you can't just assume just because you'ce resist one thing automatically means you also resist the other thing that is similar to one you've resisted

If we go by this logic people that resist Reality warping can also resist plot manip, People that resist Mind manipulation can also resist telepathy, Touching a certain abstract means you can also touch every and other type of abstracts and so on. Like i said above it depends of that type 4 Acausal being.
Severe strawman.

Never did I imply such a logic, and one sided eqauvivalence is a thing.
I never said resisting one can resist other.
The above comparison is was only in context of Acausality Type 4.
Both probability and fate are linked by similarities to causality, someone who is Acausal can resist both due to this reason.
General Resistance to Fate manip doesn't mean you will necessarily resist probability manip.
Fate manip doesn't hold absolute superiority over probability manip either. How and what both are applied on can have varied results.

All the above equivalences you have aren't even remotely related to our discussion.
Oh and by the way you can resist telepathy if you have mind resistance, depends on feats of potency though.
Rest all examples are meh.

Severe strawman.

Never did I imply such a logic, and one sided eqauvivalence is a thing.
I never said resisting one can resist other.
Isn't that your point? They can resist probability because they resist the similar one called Fate manipulation
Both probability and fate are linked by similarities to causality, someone who is Acausal can resist both due to this reason.
And so some reality warping
General Resistance to Fate manip doesn't mean you will necessarily resist probability manip.
Fate manip doesn't hold absolute superiority over probability manip either.
Um? Isn't that contradiction to what you've just said above?
All the above equivalences you have aren't even remotely related to our discussion.
I mean ain't your point "This one resist the same thing therefore it won't work"
Oh and by the way you can resist telepathy if you have mind resistance, depends on feats of potency though.
Rest all examples are meh.
If you're going that way, then yes.

Isn't that your point? They can resist probability because they resist the similar one called Fate manipulation
Acausal 4s yes, them alone, I didn't involve anyone else.
And so some reality warping
First of all, Reality Warping is a umbrella term for a bunch of abilities, abilities which usually don't have any proper explanation. Most of the abilities in it don't even have any remote connections to each other. It has stuff like matter manip and transmutation on one hand......and space-time manip in other. Chaos and Void manip, it even has existance erasure.
If you say someone has "Resistance" to Reality warping, this wiki will ask what applications of it, and will only consider feats of those alone. Resistance of Matter manip ain't giving you resistance to space-time manip.

Though I have heard Acausality Type 4 can give resistance to Plot manip, I seen that in some SCP match, even DTDT said it in that thread, though my memory is hazy.🤷‍♂️
And I believe Plot manip is even more broken than Fate manip??? If so..... kek.
I mean ain't your point "This one resist the same thing therefore it won't work
Maybe explore why I have said as such and in what context.
If you're going that way, then yes
So we do agree on something atleast.

Last edited:
Okay yeah no, you do not gain resistance to probability from resistance to fate manip, you can flip a coin and use probability manip to make it so it would always lands heads and fate manip can do the same thing, does that mean that if you resist the second you can resist the first, no just like how if you resist reality warping doesnt mean you resist subjective reality or magic cause they have the same effect doesnt mean you can resist probability manip from resisting fate

Okay yeah no, you do not gain resistance to probability from resistance to fate manip, you can flip a coin and use probability manip to make it so it would always lands heads and fate manip can do the same thing, does that mean that if you resist the second you can resist the first, no just like how if you resist reality warping doesnt mean you resist subjective reality or magic cause they have the same effect doesnt mean you can resist probability manip from resisting fate
Too bad it's not the case.

i will slap someone it is the case, i dont know who told you it isnt but it is same as how we treat a resistance to time manip as allowing you to resist time stop or time rewind
You are not wrong, but this is incomplete.
If you have resistance to time stop , you can automatically resist time slow, but not vice versa.
Time rewind is its own thing , so its maybe not comparable.

You can analogously say that an Acausal Type 4 can resist probability hax if they can resist fate hax. Same as resisting time stop can give resistance to time slow too.

Also pls note that I am only talking about Acausal Type 4.

If you have resistance to time stop , you can automatically resist time slow, but not vice versa.
if you have ever seen someone argue that i will laugh so hard my lungs will hit the level cap
You can analogously say that an Acausal Type 4 can resist probability hax if they can resist fate hax. Same as resisting time stop can give resistance to time slow too.
Okay lemme use an example then, if an event has a 37% chance to happen fate hax will make it so you can make the event happen or not or anything in-between by changing the path through which fate goes, where reality will take it's course, probability manip can increase or decrease the chance of that event happening through statistically improving or decreasing the chances that the event happening, what this means for acasuality type 4 is that the path on which fate goes cannot be change for them because they work on a different system of fate but that doesnt mean they act on a different system of probability which makes changes within fate and isnt directly changing the path on which fate would take so they should still be affected

if you have ever seen someone argue that i will laugh so hard my lungs will hit the level cap
You really believe time stop resistance does not help against time slow??
Okay lemme use an example then, if an event has a 37% chance to happen fate hax will make it so you can make the event happen or not or anything in-between by changing the path through which fate goes, where reality will take it's course, probability manip can increase or decrease the chance of that event happening through statistically improving or decreasing the chances that the event happening, what this means for acasuality type 4 is that the path on which fate goes cannot be change for them because they work on a different system of fate but that doesnt mean they act on a different system of probability which makes changes within fate and isnt directly changing the path on which fate would take so they should still be affected
I'll wait for a knowledgeable member on this verdict, I have said all that I felt.

Back