• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
its not even the matchup thats bad, its the likelyhood of another pheonix vs raven
Phoenix v Raven was mental bleach. What you just said is the orange juice after brushing of opinions. You can only be summarily be cursed for this; The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit.

Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them.

Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand.

A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days.

The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.

Believe in the Time Lord who ended the Time War and saved the universe countless times. While all Rick has done is...screw his own life and family further?

Phoenix v Raven was mental bleach. What you just said is the orange juice after brushing of opinions. You can only be summarily be cursed for this; The fruit of your womb will be cursed, and the crops of your land, and the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit.

Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them.

Your sons and daughters will be given to another nation, and you will wear out your eyes watching for them day after day, powerless to lift a hand.

A people that you do not know will eat what your land and labor produce, and you will have nothing but cruel oppression all your days.

The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head.
jesse, what the **** are you saying

First, there were the Great Houses. It’s difficult to say where they came from – indeed, it’s possible they no longer have an origin as such. They restructured history around themselves a very long time ago, so that they and their Homeworld had always been at the centre of all meaning within the Universe.
To call them time-travellers is like saying fish are known to like a dip occasionally. They inhabit time in the same way we of the so-called “Lesser Species” inhabit our own architecture and infrastructures. Their domination of history has always been unquestioned: if few outside the Houseworld even suspected their existence, it was simply because they were, like air or gravity, too fundamental to the world to be easily observed.

This is from the book City of the saved.
Does this mean anything? The book also speculates that the war is against the conceptual archetype of enmity.

"Indeed, one of the more beguiling theories is that the enemy has no fixed identity, and that the Houses real War is with an archetypal concept of enmity."

First, there were the Great Houses. It’s difficult to say where they came from – indeed, it’s possible they no longer have an origin as such. They restructured history around themselves a very long time ago, so that they and their Homeworld had always been at the centre of all meaning within the Universe.
To call them time-travellers is like saying fish are known to like a dip occasionally. They inhabit time in the same way we of the so-called “Lesser Species” inhabit our own architecture and infrastructures. Their domination of history has always been unquestioned: if few outside the Houseworld even suspected their existence, it was simply because they were, like air or gravity, too fundamental to the world to be easily observed.

This is from the book City of the saved.
Does this mean anything? The book also speculates that the war is against the conceptual archetype of enmity.

"Indeed, one of the more beguiling theories is that the enemy has no fixed identity, and that the Houses real War is with an archetypal concept of enmity."
It talks about how the time lords warped creation down to its core, that is why it is very complicated to have a universe equal to N-Space without time lords, everything would be more like copies of the Pre-universe or something completely different from both.

and yes, the theory that the Enemy is a concept of enmity is a good thing, mostly accepted from what I have seen, thinks the Enemy is similar to DC Comics' Time Trapper, a sentient timeline that alters itself to change its own story and identity.

tenor.png

I have a question: should different the Doctor incarnations have separated key?
That would be a lot of Keys. While there are personality quirks and differences in behaviour, they all possess the same intellect and abilities (with variations depending on media, writer, etc).

Though you could definitely argue a pre and post Time-War key if you ask me. There's more of a dramatic shift there.

I think each Doctor should like, have their own profile

And then make another page to hold all of the standard shit they got up their ass(yes I know they're reincarnations)

I think each Doctor should like, have their own profile

And then make another page to hold all of the standard shit they got up their ass(yes I know they're reincarnations)
There's no point, since each Generation of Doctor would have all the same abilities, intellect and techniques of the old Doctor but more.

It'd just be a lot of repeating.

Doctors do range widely in physicality, but not abilities otherwise.

If the difference is great enough, they'll be demarcated with tabbers.

I suddenly feel that profiles for abilities of the Doctor could be formatted as such:

*Weapon Mastery (
**The Sixth Doctor used XX [ref1]
**The Tenth Doctor used YY [ref2])
*Mind Manipulation (
**The Ninth Doctor used XX [ref3])

Here, the different abilities are in paragraph style, and the justifications are in paragraph style too.

I suddenly feel that profiles for abilities of the Doctor could be formatted as such:

*Weapon Mastery (
**The Sixth Doctor used XX [ref1]
**The Tenth Doctor used YY [ref2])
*Mind Manipulation (
**The Ninth Doctor used XX [ref3])

Here, the different abilities are in paragraph style, and the justifications are in paragraph style too.
I don't think that would be a good idea.

1. The list format in general is unbelievably ugly to look at and I'd rather not have another repeat of the Wukong profile's absolute mutilation.
2. It would cause too much confusion and would give the impression that the Doctor can't preform feats or abilities he's performed in the past.

1. The list format in general is unbelievably ugly to look at and I'd rather not have another repeat of the Wukong profile's absolute mutilation.
JTTW Wukong? But including the Doctor's badass moments is really a hard work.
2. It would cause too much confusion and would give the impression that the Doctor can't preform feats or abilities he's performed in the past.
I agree with this.

JTTW Wukong? But including the Doctor's badass moments is really a hard work.
Yeah, I deeply dislike how that profile came out. Especially with how fractally wrong some of the interpretations got after I left to focus on College.

It was pretty obvious that people didn't understand what they reading, which is why we got some of the weirdest interpretations of Mahayana Buddhism mixed with Daoism I've ever read, and I've had the unfortunate displeasure to read New Age garbage.

Yeah, I deeply dislike how that profile came out. Especially with how fractally wrong some of the interpretations got after I left to focus on College.

It was pretty obvious that people didn't understand what they reading, which is why we got some of the weirdest interpretations of Mahayana Buddhism mixed with Daoism I've ever read, and I've had the unfortunate displeasure to read New Age garbage.
Despite I'm an obvious Sun Wukong fan, I feel that the profile is weird.

There are adoptions of Sun Wukong which is free from the complex Mahayana Buddhism and Taoism.

Back to the Doctor Who topic, maybe we could start making profiles of the Doctor's companions since revising the Doctor is not the wise choice.

I don't think we consider most of them canon, but I could be wrong.

IIRC, we didn't accept Destiny of the Doctors canon in the past.
What about the games on the BBC Micro? They were published 1st Party by BBC themselves, so I think they could qualify.

So what did you guys think of the death battle?
Fun stuff. Character analysis on Ultra's blog covered the extra stuff, so the research seemed solid. Doctor was well done as well, mostly trying to stay out of the battle until forced to.

That aside, I wonder how it'll hold up following the (eventual) revisions.

Fun stuff. Character analysis on Ultra's blog covered the extra stuff, so the research seemed solid. Doctor was well done as well, mostly trying to stay out of the battle until forced to.

That aside, I wonder how it'll hold up following the (eventual) revisions.
Some stuff was wrong though, like the Doctor having access to the Omega Arsenal in the TARDIS.

And it was really weird to have the Demat-gun out when the DeMat-Gun is considered to be a Superweapon by the Time-Lords.

Couple of other weird things too.

Some stuff was wrong though, like the Doctor having access to the Omega Arsenal in the TARDIS.

And it was really weird to have the Demat-gun out when the DeMat-Gun is considered to be a Superweapon by the Time-Lords.

Couple of other weird things too.
I didn't say they were perfect. Just pretty solid for how long Doctor Who has been running.

Honestly think the Heart of the Tardis might have been a better closer in my opinion.

But it was more appropriate for the character.

Back