• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Strange (Classic) vs Dracula (Castlevania)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to re-iterate that I had, in fact, voted for Dracula and I think he should take this easily. Thread's become too long, I don't know if my vote is included in the count

First of all, Jesus. Since when is Strange and Dracula considered Multi-Universal? Though both are very powerful characters, my experience with either of them has never given me the impression that they were Gods (maybe Dracula can be considered a high level demon though). But I'll just assume that the listed tiers are somewhat accurate.

My opinion, they both have powers very similar to one another. Both supremely powerful magic users. Strange has the ability to draw on the powers of spiritual beings both demonic and divine, while Dracula is a demonic entity (a very powerful one at that). The types of magic they can conceivably use against one another can probably cancel each other out.

For me though, the key here is the battleground. If the opening post used a neutral battleground, then perhaps I would've voted inconclusive (leaning very slightly toward Dracula under certain circumstances), but since it takes place inside Dracula's castle, which is literally the embodiment of the source of his power (chaos) I would say homecourt advantage is more than enough to tip the scales in favor of the Count.

Dracula wins

If you've read the profiles you would know why both of them are Multi-Universal.

Strange is Multi-Universal because he fights people like Dormammu who can merge universes together, and Dracula is Multi-Universal for being far above the Time Reaper who was destroying two timelines, and also far above Menace, who caused the Abyss to collapse upon dying, the Abyss having at least 7 dimensions one of which is universe sized.

ALRF said:
If you've read the profiles you would know why both of them are Multi-Universal.

I did. I knew where they stood, I'm just incredulous. Don't worry though, I'm not gonna try and discredit anyone who's put in effort to explain the reasoning behind them.

i also found it weird that castlevania characters were so powerful when i first found out

a lot of the higher end feats are pulled from novels and the fighting game (castlevania Judgment) which most people are unfamiliar with.

how is this inconclusive?

it became very clear Dracula wins after dormamu's downgrade. the only reason Strange has votes if because its from people who voted early before the arguments/downgrades happened and didn't check the topic again later.

Strange with SHuman's powers is far different than his normal self and prep is also involved. Users seem to be treating this like some sort of random encounter instead of the stipulations in the OP.

And lol at comparing Dracula with Dormammu or SHuman. Both have far superior feats than the ones present here...Especially SHuman, who has recently taken on the Empirikul/Imperator himself.

LoyalservantofInti said:
In terms of brute force but not in terms of hax.
What? About Dormammu and SHuman? Never said that their hax is superior, but their brute force/destructive capacity is actually astronomically superior. The only reason why Dormammu himself is not at 2-A or 2-B is because of his showings being quite inconsistent from time to time.

I don't agree with scaling Strange from them, though(At least not like in this thread). Dormammu was straight up playing with Strange during their first clash and SHuman made Strange helpless even from dimensions away.

<divclass="quote">Gargoyle One wrote:
Too bad Raw power means nothing.</div> It means nothing yet all the pages here have a section dedicated to attacking potency and some tiers are attributed based on them? The same logic also applies to hax if it isn't powerful enough to put the opponent down or too weak to balance the discrepancy between the other areas.

<divclass="quote">LoyalservantofInti wrote:
Trying to bypass mid godly regen and type 8 immortality with brute force will fail for pretty obvious reasons.</div> And when I said that would? My only point is that not fair comparing Dracula to Dormammu and SHuman when the hax difference doesn't seem to compensate the power-difference(I also don't know why his Regenerationn was downgraded when Ancient One compared his nature to that of the primary abstracts).

I'm not saying that Strange wins, but what stops many other tactics and abilities that can be brought up with prep? Would Dracula be able to put Strange down if the same became one with Eternity?

Gargoyle One said:
They are both 2C, so no, there is no power difference at all, make a CRT if you think otherwise.
Like if wasn't a difference in the very tier, such as a character in the low-spectrum of 2-C when compared to another who can be at the very high-end.

• Multi-Universe level: Characters who can destroy and/or create up to 1000 universal space-time 'continuums'.
So one can be barely at 2-C and another far higher, but still in the same tier. Nightmare, Strange, Dormammu and SHuman are all at 2-C....Going by your logic they're all equal, which is not true. Do you also think that Strange with SHuman's(Who's at the very end of 2-C) is equal to normal Strange( 2-C as well)? How about Strange merging with Eternity? Or other artifacts that could come up with prep?

Gargoyle One said:
Yeah it does mean nothing, this is a hax fight plain and simple.
You should re-read my posts then. I didn't say that hax isn't a factor in this fight(Against Strange himself)....Only with guys like Dormammu and SHuman.

Like I wrote above: I'm not saying that Strange wins, but what stops many other tactics and abilities that can be brought up with prep? Would Dracula be able to put Strange down if the same became one with Eternity?

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
You are technically tight but as far as this fight goes, AP isnt helping at all.
And I agree.

But wouldn't come down to a stalemate if Dracula can't also put Strange down? This can be arranged with prep and the version here is basically SHuman-Gorath himself. Can Dracula even out him down or has hax powerful enough to do it? The OP seems a bit vague.....What exactly is Strange allowed or not here? Can he call other characters for help, such as abstracts themselves? Or maybe have people like Reed to help with prep? All his artifacts allowed as well?

Hell if I know, I dont know nearly enough about strange to vote, 70 years is a long history.

And while I've played plenty of Castlevania i still need to go over there this thread and read the arguments for both sides first.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Hell if I know, I dont know nearly enough about strange to vote, 70 years is a long history.
And while I've played plenty of Castlevania i still need to go over there this thread and read the arguments for both sides first.
I personally think this should be normal Strange and in a random encounter. Otherwise gets hard to decide an outcome with so many factors involved( At least if the OP isn't more specific about certain things).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back