• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Manhattan's Tier Question

I know in the recent storyline Manhattan's become OP with him messing with timelines and disintegrating Metron and such. But he didn't display near this level of power in his original storyline written by Alan Moore, which many fans consider the only "canon." Even then it implied that DR. Manhattan underwent a lot of learning about his powers and expanded them from what they used to be.

Shouldn't there be a seperate tier before this new development, like what tier he would be if just the original run of Watchmen was canon?

Wouldn't it 6-B or lower, because it was speculated that even he couldn't stop every nuke from reaching the United States? And the biggest feat he demonstrated was building a glass castle out of sand.

Even in the Watchmen film, we didn't even see him destroy a single city. It was blamed on him, but he never actually displayed that level of power.

I don't think that we ever saw him strain his upper limits in the original Watchmen maxiseries, so he would get unknown statistics.

I think they should separate things.

From what the Doctor showed in The Watchmen (Original), in the Before and finally the current Rebirth.

Even if here or by "official media" (Moore or DC Comic) say X, in the original Watchmen it has not shown many things of what in Rebirth or until Rebirth has shown.

The one that does not show its limits, capacities, and more things, I think it's an excuse, Rebirth "exaggerates" it (rather, the more there is of what originally the Doctor should have been in the original work), and no, it's not "unknown rate", it's enough and it's enough to read the original comic (even if you want to combine it with before even though one of the 2 creators says it's non-cano ) to know that it has a AP/statistics, can go more there or is self-limited, it's something else...

Aside, also someone (ex: like me) want to uses the original Doctor, not the rebirth version.

Well, it seems unnecessary to give him an extra set of statistics with unknown ratings.

Well if you guys want to separate the original run from the rebirth version, would that include the 'before watchmen' titles? Two or three separate keys seem unnecessary for big blue.

I would prefer to keep his profile as is. It is less complicated.

What statistics should he have in the original series then? We never saw him push his upper limits.

As I said "Unknown possibly 6-B" or "Unknown possibly 6-A" sounds right, based upon speculation from other characters about being able to devastate large areas of Russia and stop a majority of nuclear warheads from Russia (but not all) and almost single handedly winning the Vietnam war.

Godlike compared to the normal humans in his world, but he would behind the likes of many in other settings.

His range should be at least Interplanetary obviously.

Wow. I had no idea our combined nuclear weapons were so weak.

So the overhyped comic Dr. Manhattan's Tier should be "Unknown possibly 7-A," capable of winning wars, devastating areas of the Soviet Union (mountain and city destroying capability), with Interplanetary range. But incapable of overcoming a 6-C Nuclear Arsenal.

Still above the DCAU Superman level, so that's something at least.

Back