• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Doom's stats

They seem poorly made. Doctor Doom should be at least Low 6-B as he's consistently taken on people like Iron Man and The Thing, and IICR often dominates them. He should also be superior to Magneto due to him consistently having better feats than the huy from my rather limited knowledge.

I'm aware that with prep he's basically Batman, but I feel scaling him to Spider-Man is an absurd low-ball.

He is scaled from his official handbook statistics, and unfortunately, they are only specific about his physical strength, not the power of his magic or armor blasts. However, if you can find some calculable feats, we can use them to upgrade him.

Well, he is consistently portrayed as comparable to, and often superior to, Iron Man (just look up scans,)

Plus he owned the Hulk here

Also, according to OBD he's beaten Magneto (I've seen it, but can't remember where) and is superior to human torch (this is definitive and irrefutable)

Antvasima said:
Well, the problem is the ridiculous degrees of inconsistency for Marvel and DC characters. The go up and down in power tremendously from story to story, depending on what different writers feel like. This makes power-scaling very difficult, unless it is an extremely consistent portrayal.
He's still far more powerful than the Fantastic 4 in the writing and he's consistently on par with if not superior to Iron Man. Even with the guidebooks scaling him to just Spider-Man level is absurdly low. Plus Magneto has never beaten Doom to my knowledge so there isn't anything contradicting Doom > Magneto. Even the writing makes it clear he's Magneto's superior just by the nature of their better feats anyway.

I do not recall that he has fought Magneto in a contest of pure power, and he very seldom fights Iron Man.

I do not recall instances of him knocking out the Thing with his force blasts either, or that he has overpowered the Invisible Woman's force fields, but it is possible that he has done so at some point.

The one thing that we may be able to scale him from is that I vaguely recall that his armor is supposed to officially at least be roughly comparably advanced to that of Iron Man. However, some proof would be preferable,

Again, the Hulk has also been knocked out by an ordinary Python snake and Captain America. His feats are massive orders of magnitude above those of Doom.

We cannot scale that way. It would end up with every character scaled to Multi-Eternity via Dormammu.

And not that it means much, but I think that Iron Man beat Magneto during their AvX event fight.

Antvasima said:
Again, the Hulk has also been knocked out by an ordinary Python snake and Captain America. His feats are massive orders of magnitude above those of Doom.
We cannot scale that way. It would end up with every character scaled to Multi-Eternity via Dormammu.

And not that it means much, but I think that Iron Man beat Magneto during their AvX event fight.
Fair point.

Wait, what? When did Dormammu enter this conversation :O

Magneto owns Iron Man most times from memory.

Well, Dormammu has beaten Multi-Eternity, and also been severely damaged by street level characters. That is how insanely inconsistent Marvel is.

Well, if you can find some evidence of his armor being stated to be comparable to Iron Man's, we might be able to use that for his blasting power.

Eh, that itself is something I do not know where to find, but Doctor Doom is just Iron Man's superior or at least peer every time they are shown fighting or are in a contest of really just anything in general. I mean, going by literally all forums I've searched this up on it's common knowledge that Victor > Tony :\

Tony's armor might be more advanced in a techy way but Doom as we all know has survived crazy shit and I don't think Tony has ever beaten Doom in a fair contest on a neutral playing field, and they have fought quite a number of times, in from comics to the tv shows. Granted, Doom usually fights the F4 (who he should logically destroy utterly), but he still fights semi-regularly with Iron Man and, from my knowledge, usually if not always, has the upper hand on Tony.

It's also worth noting that while I don't know of any outright statements (it's kinda just obvious), Doom is shown to be much smarter than Iron Man (he's smarter than everyone except Mr Fantastic and possibly Thanos) as he just has better feats.

Look, you are talking about things that you seem to have read on forums. I have actually read several thousands of Marvel comics, and although my memories are probably flawed, I do not recall Iron Man and Doom fighting each other directly much. They travelled back to Camelot once, but that was a long time ago.

Back